The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=773345)

Steeveedee 07-01-2023 10:10 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Lookin' good! I drove mine to a local meet up. No pics, I'm lazy in this heat.

3757chevy 07-01-2023 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9216592)
Put the hood on . Easy when you have 5 people helping took a few minutes to line up but the fit is very good hood latch isn’t on yet so it pops up

Looking good.

72c20customcamper 07-02-2023 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9216675)
Lookin' good! I drove mine to a local meet up. No pics, I'm lazy in this heat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 9216676)
Looking good.

Feels good to have the last big piece done . Now it’s just little minor items like the hood letters and detailing

Extended Power 07-02-2023 04:58 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Did the "C-clip Eliminator" by not putting them back in.....lol.....isn't that how it's done?

Also did the Tru-Trac pin Eliminator....

In truth, I had the rear end narrowed, and had MOSER ford end caps put on...eliminating both, the c-clips, and pin.

69Penka 07-03-2023 09:13 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I bought and installed a paint protector that goes around the ignition bezel, i installed some '72 DG4 mirrors that are in super good condition i bought on CL for $30.00 and I drilled the holes to install my lower trim moldings in prep for paint.

69Penka 07-03-2023 09:15 AM

5 Attachment(s)
A few more pics...

mr.mud1 07-03-2023 06:44 PM

4 Attachment(s)
we went yesterday to a car show at the Debert Air Base about an hour from here.it had been postponed once because of rain,yesterday didn't look great but we got it in although the car/truck count was down i'm sure.alot of people stayed away and it did rain later in the day and that finished it off.we left,the rain stopped so we stopped for homemade bread and donuts at the Masstown Market and headed home.about 25 minutes from home,the truck started hitching and bucking,not happy.my wife said "you're doing that" i said no i wasn't and then it calmed down but the next hill i got to,it did it again and then on another long hill,it stopped.i got it running again on the side of the road,it was missing and skipping so i revved it up some and let it run at an elevated RPM for 10 seconds or so and you could hear it improve.i suspect a piece of trash was stuck in between the needle and seat,maybe it passed it and we got home.i took the carb off today,i didn't see anything out of the ordinary.i did just build the carb when i did the engine and everything else.i checked the float to make sure it did and does.i have some new Delco needle and seat sets so although it looks fine,i'll replace it along with a new filter in the inlet.the filter there was crushed?maybe it was slowing down the flow of fuel?anyway it'll be back together tomorrow and we'll try again this weekend at another show,weather permitting?

Steeveedee 07-03-2023 07:43 PM

The paper filters will deform if they get water on them from the fuel. The sintered bronze ones won't pass water. Can't win on the filters. I have a filter (metal can) between the fuel pump and the carb because somebody ham-handed the filter nut in the past. It's bondaged in with J-B weld, now.

mr.mud1 07-03-2023 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9217142)
The paper filters will deform if they get water on them from the fuel. The sintered bronze ones won't pass water. Can't win on the filters. I have a filter (metal can) between the fuel pump and the carb because somebody ham-handed the filter nut in the past. It's bondaged in with J-B weld, now.

i hear ya Steve.i cleaned my tank and put a new float and fuel sock on the sender end of things.i don't have an in-line filter anywhere cause there wasn't one and i'd prefer to leave it that way.i keep a box of the in-carb filters here all the time,i'll just have to keep an eye on them i guess?i know how easy the threads get damaged on the big fuel line nut,i see them damaged on customers carbs all the time.my truck had the wrong carb on it when it got here from Idaho and worked like a bag of crap.i did some horse trading with a member on here from Ohio with the correct 7042206 carb so i fixed that one and baby the big nut everytime i R&R it.it's all good.

Casper42 07-04-2023 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
logged in 150+ miles...."Cyan" insisted in stopping for a minute for a selfie!

Yamariv 07-04-2023 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casper42 (Post 9217312)
logged in 150+ miles...."Cyan" insisted in stopping for a minute for a selfie!

Beautiful truck!! Can I ask your tire specs, I really like the profile and size of them!

Edit.. Just saw your signature, are they 275-60's on the front too?

Casper42 07-04-2023 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamariv (Post 9217317)
Beautiful truck!! Can I ask your tire specs, I really like the profile and size of them!

Edit.. Just saw your signature, are they 275-60's on the front too?

yes - all 4 corners. Also 1.5" wheel spacers on the rear. Thank you! 🙏

Yamariv 07-04-2023 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casper42 (Post 9217322)
yes - all 4 corners. Also 1.5" wheel spacers on the rear. Thank you! 🙏

Awesome, looks great! I may have to steal your specs ;)

Casper42 07-04-2023 10:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamariv (Post 9217364)
Awesome, looks great! I may have to steal your specs ;)

haha. no worries, I didn't patent it yet! here's a better angle

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 07-05-2023 11:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Looks GREAT↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

These wheels were on this truck 26 years ago, until today. It had 15x8 Rallys, which I'll restore as another option, but the truck drives far and away better on the original wheels and good tires. Tires are Diamondback Auburn.

Rust_never_sleeps 07-06-2023 03:21 AM

Had to re-center the shuttle valve after bleeding. Screwed in the switch, went to double check that the dash light is off and found out the battery is dead. Vector charger shows it at 4V and doesn't seem to want to take a charge.
I've got it on "recondition" mode overnight, but it's prolly toast. :shrug:

3757chevy 07-06-2023 01:20 PM

Re: Wheel accents

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 (Post 9217693)

These wheels were on this truck 26 years ago, until today. It had 15x8 Rallys, which I'll restore as another option, but the truck drives far and away better on the original wheels and good tires. Tires are Diamondback Auburn.

I like the accents on the wheels , looks good .

Rust_never_sleeps 07-08-2023 03:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Swapped the cracked 17" steering wheel for a very shiny new 15" from LMC (that sticks out like a sore thumb) ;-)
Got a new battery to replace the 30mo unit that lasted nearly 60mo. Cleaned up the clamps and "reconditioned" the battery tray with duplicolor.
I know everyone from my dad's generation put vaseline on battery connections, but I hate that gummy cr@p it becomes
Had a moment of panic checking things because the (stuck) 4 ways come on when you hit the brake pedal. That is actually normal, but it sure looked like everything 'letric had gone South :-D

Casper42 07-08-2023 05:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
installed a bowtie compass. I found this location to be best, minimizing the interference from metal and magnetized items in the dash.

Rich72C10 07-08-2023 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69Penka (Post 9216995)
I bought and installed a paint protector that goes around the ignition bezel, i installed some '72 DG4 mirrors that are in super good condition i bought on CL for $30.00 and I drilled the holes to install my lower trim moldings in prep for paint.

Where you get that paint protector? I could use one of those.

Rust_never_sleeps 07-09-2023 12:36 AM

She lives! I drove her around the block after confirming the brakes work.
First time she's moved in a.....long time

3757chevy 07-09-2023 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69Penka (Post 9216995)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich72C10 (Post 9218445)
Where you get that paint protector? I could use one of those.

I was wondering the same thing.

72c20customcamper 07-09-2023 11:37 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Installed the hood letters . Factory holes but the first E is slightly crooked. I don’t want to oblong the alignment pin because then it could potentially move around . The letters are GM restoration parts the chrome looks very good as does the general construction. We shall see how well they hold up

Vance_cortino 07-09-2023 04:51 PM

Finally got around to removing the old, stock lap belts and replacing them with a full set of Morris Classic 3 point belts and a center lap belt.

I like the brushed coating, but if I got them again, they would be regular chrome. These are gonna scratch a bit easier, it seems. But that's ok, it's just a cruising truck.

https://i.imgur.com/D9A3VRsl.jpg

Mendo70C20 07-09-2023 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casper42 (Post 9217440)
haha. no worries, I didn't patent it yet! here's a better angle

Looks great!!!