The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Tootsie build for my mother with cancer (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=516741)

Texas Pugh 03-15-2014 11:36 AM

Re: Tootsie build for my mother with cancer

Eric,
I very wise man once told me: "If you don't know what to do, don't do anything and pray about it." That is my advice to you. I have said a prayer for your mom, you, and your family. Everything will be okay.

lolife99 03-15-2014 07:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So very sorry to hear about your mom.
I hope you keep Toostie.
It's everyone's dream truck.

Just wanted to tell you someone is taking very good care of your black truck.
Here's a picture of it from this weekends Lonestar nationals Goodguys show at Texas Motor Speedway.
I love this truck too.

1stchevy 03-15-2014 10:07 PM

Pop's 72 still looks amazing, glad to see someone is showing it and taking care of it.

superflysteiny 03-16-2014 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olrosa (Post 6576343)
Sorry to hear Eric. Your a real stand up guy and my family will pray for yours. The truck I am building now all started because of the Black one you'd built.

Thank you brother I have been following your build. Its great
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Pugh (Post 6576386)
Eric,
I very wise man once told me: "If you don't know what to do, don't do anything and pray about it." That is my advice to you. I have said a prayer for your mom, you, and your family. Everything will be okay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 6576950)
I hope you keep Toostie.
I agree and thank you

Here's a picture of it from this weekends Lonestar nationals Goodguys show at Texas Motor Speedway.
I love this truck too.

Thank you and I appreciate it. I love that truck
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1stchevy (Post 6577262)
Pop's 72 still looks amazing, glad to see someone is showing it and taking care of it.

Thank you I appreciate it

Rusbuilt 03-16-2014 07:48 AM

Prayers for you guys my friend.

superflysteiny 03-19-2014 01:41 PM

Thank you

nasqar 03-19-2014 09:51 PM

Prayers brother. I completely agree with your decision of keeping Tootsie. I lost my step-dad and it's tough. Pray often and God will lead your family.

Kewl pic of Pops 72. Do you have a pic with both trucks together by any chance? That would be a neat pic blown up and framed.

Bhelton 03-19-2014 10:09 PM

Truly sorry to hear about your mother Eric, I'll pray for you and your family. Tootsie is a beautiful work of art and you have put a LOT of heart and soul in it for your mother....I say keep it and build the gentleman a truck similar to tootsie if he wants it bad enough.

Kyle@FTP 03-20-2014 10:23 AM

You can always earn more money to build another truck, You cant earn more time to spend with your mother and the truck she loves.

We cant wait to see the truack in person Eric, Thoughts and Prayers are with your mother and your family.

Are Tootsie shirts still for sale?

trf63 03-20-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 6576950)
I hope you keep Toostie.

I love this truck too.

I am trying....it DID Win the "Chevy Truck Pick" at the Event. I be adding a few things to make it my own.

SactoJim 03-20-2014 04:35 PM

Hi Eric,

So sorry to hear about your mom. All this crazy technology we have and no cure for this dreadful disease. Wish the best for you and your family.

Hard to turn down $150k......I would say at least enjoy the "fruits of your labor" for awhile before you consider selling.

BB72CHEVKT 03-20-2014 05:08 PM

Sorry to hear about your Mom having a relapse. Wishing you all the best in the days ahead.

superflysteiny 03-23-2014 02:47 AM

Thank you guys I appreciate all the prayers for my mom. Pics are coming soon

superflysteiny 03-25-2014 12:46 PM

I never thought doing a new interior would be so tough. I am really excited with how the truck is coming out. The guys from Marquez have been working there tails off and we are getting closure. I am not sure I will make the Del Mar show but I will still be going down there

NoNeck 03-25-2014 04:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Eric -

Keep the truck. My mom purchased the car in the photo new in April 1966. It was her pride and joy. After experiencing several strokes and complications from congestive heart failure in the late '90s, she gave me the car. A few months later, we lost her.

Now, whenever she is on my mind, I just fire up her car, roll the windows down and drive... to no particular destination. I feel closer to her by just touching the steering wheel. Notice the front license plate.

We are praying for you and your family.

POP

superflysteiny 03-25-2014 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNeck (Post 6594137)
Hi Eric -

Keep the truck. My mom purchased the car in the photo new in April 1966. It was her pride and joy. After experiencing several strokes and complications from congestive heart failure in the late '90s, she gave me the car. A few months later, we lost her.

Now, whenever she is on my mind, I just fire up her car, roll the windows down and drive... to no particular destination. I feel closer to her by just touching the steering wheel. Notice the front license plate.

We are praying for you and your family.

POP

Thank you pop that is an awesome story. I am glad to see that you still have your moms car. I am going to keep the truck I am so excited to get it done.

superflysteiny 03-25-2014 05:57 PM

Hay guys check out this project. This is for a great cause. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...hlight=tdave00

Rusbuilt 03-25-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 6594305)
Hay guys check out this project. This is for a great cause. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...hlight=tdave00

Thanks you Eric for your support!

superflysteiny 03-25-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusbuilt (Post 6594348)
Thanks you Eric for your support!

your welcome shoot me a list of things you need if I have it I will mail it to you

Rusbuilt 03-25-2014 10:04 PM

I'll get one together for you sir! Thank you!

superflysteiny 03-27-2014 10:54 AM

No problem Rus

Rich916 03-27-2014 05:06 PM

Great build Eric, I hope all works out brother. Haven’t seen the truck but I did see your bed at Rowe's a few months ago.

superflysteiny 03-27-2014 11:59 PM

Come over anytime

Kyle@FTP 03-28-2014 12:05 AM

Eric, Are you headed to goodguys San Diego next weekend? with or without Tootsie.

superflysteiny 03-28-2014 12:32 AM

So I heard there was some drama on my thread. That's crazy. I just wanted you guys to no I asked about selling the truck because I respect all of your opinions. I by no means was trying to rub it in anyone's face. So if I offended anyone I am sorry. I am not rich but I feel like I have been successful in life for as young as I am. So I am sorry for what I said that caused havoc. I would never try to rub anything in your guys face it's just not my style.