The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Tootsie build for my mother with cancer (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=516741)

superflysteiny 03-28-2014 12:34 AM

Re: Tootsie build for my mother with cancer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle@FTP (Post 6599151)
Eric, Are you headed to goodguys San Diego next weekend? with or without Tootsie.

Yes but no tootsie

jlsanborn 03-28-2014 11:03 AM

Can't wait to see the new interior! Any progress on the bike or trailer?

superflysteiny 03-28-2014 12:44 PM

I have not been up to Grassvally were it is being built. But it will be done for Sema.

Kyle@FTP 03-28-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 6599183)
Yes but no tootsie

If you have any XXL black tshirts left and dont mid tossing them in ill gladly pick them up from you.

jus2qwk 03-28-2014 01:10 PM

Eric you do amazing work. in my eyes you set the bar for the c10 world. tootsie and pops truck are both pieces of art.. I just wish they were on the east coast so I could see them.

superflysteiny 03-28-2014 01:44 PM

Thank you. Fly out to Texas next yr. I plan on attending some goodguys shows.

sduckworth13 03-28-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 6599182)
So I heard there was some drama on my thread. That's crazy. I just wanted you guys to no I asked about selling the truck because I respect all of your opinions. I by no means was trying to rub it in anyone's face. So if I offended anyone I am sorry. I am not rich but I feel like I have been successful in life for as young as I am. So I am sorry for what I said that caused havoc. I would never try to rub anything in your guys face it's just not my style.

We all know your a great person. I have personally read where you've extended a offer to help guys out with a paint jobs and I'm sure there is countless other times you've helped people out we never read about here on the forum. Your builds kept me coming back to the forum when I first signed up and as time went on I've got to know and meet a lot of members that share the same passions for these trucks. I would say your definitely a ambassador for these trucks and you've probably have unknowingly sold more products for 67-72 Chevy trucks than you even can imagine just because of the high quality builds you put out. I'm sorry about you mother and wish the best for you and your family. Keep on trucking.

superflysteiny 03-28-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sduckworth13 (Post 6599945)
We all know your a great person. I have personally read where you've extended a offer to help guys out with a paint jobs and I'm sure there is countless other times you've helped people out we never read about here on the forum. Your builds kept me coming back to the forum when I first signed up and as time went on I've got to know and meet a lot of members that share the same passions for these trucks. I would say your definitely a ambassador for these trucks and you've probably have unknowingly sold more products for 67-72 Chevy trucks than you even can imagine just because of the high quality builds you put out. I'm sorry about you mother and wish the best for you and your family. Keep on trucking.

Thanks I really appreciate the kind words. I would help any of you guys if you needed me. I love these trucks and the people that I have meet through these trucks are the best.

litew8 03-29-2014 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 6599182)
So I heard there was some drama on my thread. That's crazy. I just wanted you guys to no I asked about selling the truck because I respect all of your opinions. I by no means was trying to rub it in anyone's face. So if I offended anyone I am sorry. I am not rich but I feel like I have been successful in life for as young as I am. So I am sorry for what I said that caused havoc. I would never try to rub anything in your guys face it's just not my style.

I have no idea where this is coming from or why. I think I was the only one that suggested selling it. I didn't take anything the wrong way, except it seemed like your mind was set before asking the question.

VA72C10 03-29-2014 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by litew8 (Post 6600849)
I have no idea where this is coming from or why. I think I was the only one that suggested selling it. I didn't take anything the wrong way, except it seemed like your mind was set before asking the question.

there were a bunch of posts removed because of drama....he wasn't speaking to you...

litew8 03-29-2014 01:59 AM

Sorry and thanks. I had no idea. I remove my sub to this thread each time after posting due to: too much mail.

c10seconds 03-29-2014 03:38 AM

Im anxious to see the new interior. After seeing your truck at sema, I thought the interior looked amazing. I cant imagine it looking any better but im sure you will make it happen. Truck is so sweet!

mx289 03-29-2014 09:13 AM

Hi Eric.
Very sorry to hear about your mom.Stay strong.Positivity helps alot.I went through this with my mom 10 yrs ago.

And i say good for you,if someone offered 150k for your truck.Just shows how good you are at,what you do.Not many people can turn our trucks into something like that.Kudos to you sir.

As far as selling it,do what your heart tells you to do.You'll know what the right desicion is.

superflysteiny 03-30-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by litew8 (Post 6600849)

I was not talking to you sorry for the confusion brother.
Quote:

Originally Posted by VA72C10 (Post 6600883)
there were a bunch of posts removed because of drama....he wasn't speaking to you...

You are right on
Quote:

Originally Posted by c10seconds (Post 6600975)
Im anxious to see the new interior. After seeing your truck at sema, I thought the interior looked amazing. I cant imagine it looking any better but im sure you will make it happen. Truck is so sweet!

It will be amazing and there will be some really one off trick parts on the interior.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mx289 (Post 6601084)
Hi Eric.
Very sorry to hear about your mom.Stay strong.Positivity helps alot.I went through this with my mom 10 yrs ago.

And i say good for you,if someone offered 150k for your truck.Just shows how good you are at,what you do.Not many people can turn our trucks into something like that.Kudos to you sir.
Thank you sir
As far as selling it,do what your heart tells you to do.You'll know what the right desicion is.

thank you

JG67 03-30-2014 10:51 PM

This is a awesome show truck. Where did you put the AC vents????

JG

superflysteiny 03-30-2014 11:50 PM

The ac vents are in the underside of the dash. http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...pssw0qjagn.jpg
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...psgutbj7wr.jpg
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...psn5zsmo92.jpg
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...psvutbfm3l.jpg

superflysteiny 03-31-2014 12:17 AM

Starting my youngest out at Marquez design and fabrication http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...psdkjcz0d1.jpg

Rusbuilt 03-31-2014 12:30 AM

Awesome photos bro! The little guy is getting busy on that fender! lol I love it!

oldman3 03-31-2014 10:13 AM

Last pic is a keeper...Jim

mcbassin 03-31-2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Starting my youngest out at Marquez design and fabrication
Start them out young :metal:!

Nice work on everything!

superflysteiny 03-31-2014 11:32 AM

Ya my youngest already has it in his blood he love cars and motorcycles.

superflysteiny 03-31-2014 12:44 PM

Color looks like poop brown but I assure you it looks great in person

Ol Blue K20 03-31-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 6604495)
Color looks like poop brown but I assure you it looks great in person

Thanks for a peek and now an idea on the color. Kinda hard to tell cause of the lighting but I'm picturing a dark saddle color. It ought to look awesome. Keep us posted...

superflysteiny 03-31-2014 06:15 PM

It's really the same color as wiskey. Not as dark as saddle

Ol Blue K20 03-31-2014 06:23 PM

That ought to look nice...