The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Tootsie build for my mother with cancer (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=516741)

1Bad 37 03-31-2014 06:51 PM

Re: Tootsie build for my mother with cancer

Looks good, as always! As always we'll need better pics of that new interior!

1Bad 37 03-31-2014 06:52 PM

Looks good, as always! We'll need better pics of that new interior!

superflysteiny 03-31-2014 07:58 PM

More pics soon We are close

rodstored-72 04-04-2014 06:19 PM

SUPER...,
looks great as always for your projects. I would like to know if you would'nt mind sharing what you are using for door handles & window cranks? I tried to read back through to see.... but waaaayy too many pages for my attention span for that small of a detail....LOL!!!

THANKS!!!
rodstored-72

superflysteiny 04-06-2014 11:02 AM

I think we are going to run clayton machine but I am not sure yet

superflysteiny 04-28-2014 10:45 AM

Headliner, dash cover, a pillars, and door panels are done. Dash and top of the doors are painted. Let me know what you think. Thanks guys.
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...psjwgvg73e.jpg
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...psjdnfbkpr.jpg
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...pspohu0gnb.jpg
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...psxtygvyui.jpg

olrosa 04-28-2014 10:48 AM

Clean

superflysteiny 04-28-2014 11:42 AM

Ya its really clean I am happy with the way its turning out. The guys at Marquez Design and fabrication are some of the most talented guys in the industry. I am really lucky they wanted to work with me on this truck.

Rusbuilt 04-28-2014 12:12 PM

Nice!! I can't wait to see it all together!

ajgriffin 04-28-2014 12:17 PM

Looks good!

What are the panels made of, how many pieces is it and how are they held in place?

superflysteiny 04-28-2014 12:55 PM

This is all fiberglass and the fit and finish is unreal. You can put the panels in with out screws. The headliner is one piece. I am using screws to hold some of the panels because we want the interior to look like something you would see in the 67 but maybe in a concept if that makes sense

ajgriffin 04-28-2014 01:07 PM

:metal: I'm digging it!

oldman3 04-28-2014 04:00 PM

That is so sweet, headliner is unreal, very nice work...Jim

superflysteiny 04-29-2014 12:53 AM

glad you guys like it. All the white will be wrapped in brown leather. Here is the color of the leather and paint on the dash
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...pscsm9rgwg.jpg

c10Dream'n 04-29-2014 09:42 AM

just when you think it couldn't get any BETTER. top notch bro.

superflysteiny 04-29-2014 12:43 PM

Thank you I am glad you like it.

superflysteiny 06-02-2014 03:31 PM

Have not been on here in a while. Life is busy. Truck was road tuned yesterday. So we are off to interior. Two weeks until the truck is complete. Feeling very discouraged that my mom will not get to see the final product. She has lost the battle and will most likely be gone in the next two weeks. One of the tougher things we have been through as a family. My dad and I have accepted it and we will try to celebrate her life. My dad will most likely live out his life with a broken heart. I know we are just one of millions that have been effected by this horrible disease. Hold your kids close and tell your parents what they mean because you may not get a second chance. I will be at the brothers show at the end of the month. Unless my moms services are that weekend. Again thanks for all the support I appreciate it. I will let you guys no where we are in a few weeks. Thanks and take care.

aggie91 06-02-2014 03:53 PM

Sorry to here about your Mom's condition. Prayers for her and your family. At least she knows what you have been trying to accomplish with the truck and the also the shirt sales. She is a very fortunate women to have a son like you. Rest knowing that God has a plan for her and all the rest of us.

SCOTI 06-02-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 6703408)
Have not been on here in a while. Life is busy. Truck was road tuned yesterday. So we are off to interior. Two weeks until the truck is complete. Feeling very discouraged that my mom will not get to see the final product. She has lost the battle and will most likely be gone in the next two weeks. One of the tougher things we have been through as a family. My dad and I have accepted it and we will try to celebrate her life. My dad will most likely live out his life with a broken heart. I know we are just one of millions that have been effected by this horrible disease. Hold your kids close and tell your parents what they mean because you may not get a second chance. I will be at the brothers show at the end of the month. Unless my moms services are that weekend. Again thanks for all the support I appreciate it. I will let you guys no where we are in a few weeks. Thanks and take care.

So sorry to read this despite knowing all along. Your family, pops, & esp your mom are in my thoughts.

FL71C10 06-02-2014 04:06 PM

Sorry to hear about your mom. She certainly put up a good fight. I guess now all you can do is make sure she is comfortable. All of you are in my prayers.

Rochlow 06-02-2014 04:15 PM

Sorry to hear about your mom.

Bennett68C10 06-02-2014 04:51 PM

My heart sank when I read this Eric, I'm really sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

superflysteiny 06-02-2014 04:58 PM

Its ok guys I appreciate all the prayers and help you guys have given me through this rough time. I am not sure what to say other then life is not fare. My only hope is that she does not suffer and my father will be ok. Thanks again you guys really are the best

69CST-V 06-02-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 6703408)

Prayers and sincere feelings of hope go out to you and your family. God bless.

1stchevy 06-02-2014 07:27 PM

Praying for your mom, dad & family.