The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Tootsie build for my mother with cancer (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=516741)

oldman3 06-02-2014 07:39 PM

Re: Tootsie build for my mother with cancer

Eric, it's hard to put to words, I know what it's like to lose a parent. God bless you and your family...Jim

JustCallMeDrew 06-02-2014 07:54 PM

So sorry about your mom but just remember when your cruisin down the road in this beautiful ride dedicated to her that she will watching from above smiling just like shes right there with you!

Mad Rods 06-02-2014 07:56 PM

Prayers to you and your family durning these rough times. Hang in there brother, that's all we can do in times like this that are out of our hands.

C@rnut001 06-02-2014 09:24 PM

So sorry to hear this about your mom. God bless her and your dad and you and your family during this hard time as things look so bad. Will be praying for you all.

Ol Blue K20 06-02-2014 09:25 PM

Eric, sorry to hear this, I'll keep you and the family in my thoughts and prayers.

Low Elco 06-02-2014 09:29 PM

So sorry to hear this, Eric. Hope her last days are peaceful. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

rwade 06-02-2014 09:31 PM

So so sorry to hear about your mom Eric. I, like too many know this road first hand (2 1/2 years ago), and it's a hard one but I also know in all things GOD is good and faithful! Praying for you my brother.

Wade

youngrodder 06-02-2014 10:42 PM

Eric-

My thoughts are with you during this most difficult time for you and your family. Be strong
Marc

superflysteiny 06-03-2014 12:31 AM

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I will keep you posted on how she is doing and when she passes. I appreciate all the support. The truck went to interior today so I will also get the pics posted as soon as I get it back. I will see some of you at the end of the month. God bless you guys

Ozzy2013 06-03-2014 01:13 AM

You and your Family are in my thoughts and prayers .

BigMike 06-03-2014 02:38 AM

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this, it really sucks! I lost my mom in '94, 2 days after my birthday. I think about her all of the time and how proud she would be of her grandson that she last saw when he was 3. Also, the 2 little granddaughters she never got to meet (my brothers kids). she wanted so badly to be a grandmother but only got to enjoy it for 3 years. It makes me sad that my son will forget & my nieces will never have known what a wonderful person she was.

Although the pain of the loss will get easier to deal with as time goes on, it never goes away. I am crying my eyes out right now just thinking of the pain you are going through and remembering how difficult it was for me & my family. Try to be strong for your dad, he will need a lot of attention once she is gone. He is losing the love of his life.

Sorry for the long post. My thoughts will be with you and your family.

Mike

Rusbuilt 06-03-2014 07:09 AM

Oh man I'm sorry to hear about your mom. We will be praying for you guys!

BigDaddyV 06-03-2014 09:05 AM

My Prayers are with you and your family. God bless you brother.

slowcpe 06-03-2014 09:42 AM

Sorry to hear about your mom. I lost my dad to cancer in '06. Its definitely rough.

c10Dream'n 06-03-2014 04:03 PM

sorry to hear about this news of your moms current state. i can just pray for Peace, Strength and Comfort during the time you have left with her. best regards.

rick

VA72C10 06-03-2014 05:17 PM

Prayers sent for comfort and peace for your mother and you and your family.

superflysteiny 06-03-2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMike (Post 6704276)
I am so sorry you are having to deal with this, it really sucks! I lost my mom in '94, 2 days after my birthday. I think about her all of the time and how proud she would be of her grandson that she last saw when he was 3. Also, the 2 little granddaughters she never got to meet (my brothers kids). she wanted so badly to be a grandmother but only got to enjoy it for 3 years. It makes me sad that my son will forget & my nieces will never have known what a wonderful person she was.

Although the pain of the loss will get easier to deal with as time goes on, it never goes away. I am crying my eyes out right now just thinking of the pain you are going through and remembering how difficult it was for me & my family. Try to be strong for your dad, he will need a lot of attention once she is gone. He is losing the love of his life.

Sorry for the long post. My thoughts will be with you and your family.

Mike

I think this is also were my pain is coming from. My kids will not have her around and man it sucks. My daughter is 8 and knows her but I hurt every time i think she won't get to see them graduate and all the things she and the kids will miss

superflysteiny 06-03-2014 06:44 PM

I really appreciate all the kind words and prayers.

superflysteiny 06-03-2014 07:11 PM

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...psshaaakzg.jpg
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...psj36upylg.jpg
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...ps82n56v7k.jpg
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...psih1dn7s7.jpg

darkhorse970 06-03-2014 07:59 PM

You and your family are in my prayers.

1stchevy 06-03-2014 09:39 PM

Watched the video of Tootsie running on Instagram and she's one pissed off machine, sounds killer.

raull 06-03-2014 10:38 PM

sick truck bud !!

olrosa 06-04-2014 12:01 AM

Prayers for you and family Eric

raull 06-04-2014 09:08 AM

i feel your pain my man , prayers for you and your family ,

smbrouss70 06-04-2014 01:28 PM

I have been holding off on posting as this is way too close to home for me. My Mom was diagnosed with cancer before Christmas and they only gave her a 20% chance of survival, now 6 months later she has a clean PET scan. Seeing how your mother was doing well then this, scares me knowing that the exact same thing could happen to us.

Having never met you, but hearing all of the wonderful things about you on this forum, I know without a doubt that your mother is proud of the man you have become. I'm sure that you are what she considers one of her greatest accomplishments. I will pray for you and your family and hope that God changes his plan for your family, and if not I will pray that he gives you the strength to get through this extremely difficult time.