The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Getter-Done 04-20-2023 02:05 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in the 60's (Post 9197906)
Or his cost just went up 5k...;)

:haha::haha::haha:

Getter-Done 04-20-2023 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9197912)
:lol: No I don't think so. After all I pay him. He just likes to gripe about everything. Especially his wife. Don't even get him started on that one unless you've got some time on your hands. :blah:

I think that guy works where I do;)

FleetsidePaul 04-20-2023 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9197999)
I think that guy works where I do;)

I think that we all know somebody like that. They're not happy unless they're unhappy.

My brother's like that. Always complaining and never does anything about anything.

Getter-Done 04-20-2023 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9198017)
I think that we all know somebody like that. They're not happy unless they're unhappy.

My brother's like that. Always complaining and never does anything about anything.

I have actually changed A few of the ;)

Negative Nancy's that I have work with In the Past.

The Reverse Thinking Thing, ;):lol:

Steeveedee 04-20-2023 10:32 PM

Worked over a carving tool chest, to negative effect. Guess I'm going to make or buy another. :shrug:

FleetsidePaul 04-21-2023 06:36 AM

I got to test my security cameras last night. My phone went off around midnight. The security guy calling. His phone went off. Some weird rattling noises at the house. You couldn't see anything but you could hear it. So he set off the alarm. We may not be there but we kinda are. The noise stopped. So I pick him up and we drive over there.

We look around the house. It's still locked. Nothing touched just like before. Whoever was there ran away. I think it's the weirdo neighbor snooping around. He waits until we're gone. If it was him then he saw two guys with guns walking around checking everything out. He might think twice from now on.

The fences and gates are in but I leave one gate open for the contractors. That's about to end. I'm moving in, putting on a lock box for the contractors, locking up, and bringing Duke the 100 lb. GSD with me. In other words don't even try that nonsense again buddy. You will be very sorry. Only one creep allowed on the property and I've already got that job.

semn49 04-21-2023 01:38 PM

Shoveled snow. Because the crap is too wet and heavy for my snow blower.

3757chevy 04-21-2023 10:35 PM

2:30 Today I signed off on my keys to the store and my Retirement papers. :metal::bann::bann::metal:

LockDoc 04-21-2023 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 9198380)
2:30 Today I signed off on my keys to the store and my Retirement papers. :metal::bann::bann::metal:

Congratulations! I'm sure you will enjoy it, I know I do.... :)

LockDoc

3757chevy 04-21-2023 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9198384)

LockDoc

I'm looking forward to not having to be going in to work Monday morning. :mm:

FleetsidePaul 04-22-2023 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9198384)

LockDoc

I second that. Congratulations! Retirement is the best. I'm going on 7 years now. Best years of my life. One caveat though. You can't retire from your wife. You still have a boss and plenty of chores. :lol:

FleetsidePaul 04-22-2023 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 9198387)

It's a weird feeling. Not like a regular day off. That's just a day off. When you wake up and realize that you never have to go back it kind of blows your mind.

At least it did for me. I worked my entire life and the thought of just stopping was so foreign to me. But I got over that really fast. It's all good. :)

tristan 04-22-2023 05:37 AM

Ditto here. Four months into retirement and I love it. I am catching up with years of postponed tasks that I didn't have time to attack when work was getting in my way. If I don't feel like working at them on any given day then I call myself into my office and give myself a reprimand, and then head back to my easy chair and book.

Palf70Step 04-22-2023 07:30 AM

:agree:

Although I missed some of the people and my students, best decision I made was to retire. 5 years now and my health is better and still wonder how I did all this stuff I am doing and still worked full time. Congrat 3757chevy

GOPAPA 04-22-2023 08:17 AM

Yeah for you,, now you can do more of what you want to do.. have fun

Rickysnickers 04-22-2023 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 9198380)

Congrats!!!!

FleetsidePaul 04-22-2023 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 9198423)

Although I missed some of the people and my students

That is the one and only thing that I miss about work. The people that I worked with and was friends with.

Some other people at work I don't miss at all.

3757chevy 04-22-2023 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9198407)
I second that. Congratulations! Retirement is the best. I'm going on 7 years now. Best years of my life. One caveat though. You can't retire from your wife. You still have a boss and plenty of chores. :lol:

Thanks. I hear you. I told my wife she gets page 2 of the lists of things to do.;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9198408)
It's a weird feeling. Not like a regular day off. That's just a day off. When you wake up and realize that you never have to go back it kind of blows your mind.

At least it did for me. I worked my entire life and the thought of just stopping was so foreign to me. But I got over that really fast. It's all good. :)

I been told the only problem is no more weekends. :(
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9198458)
That is the one and only thing that I miss about work. The people that I worked with and was friends with.

Some other people at work I don't miss at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 9198423)

Although I missed some of the people and my students, best decision I made was to retire. 5 years now and my health is better and still wonder how I did all this stuff I am doing and still worked full time. Congrats 3757chevy

I will miss [U]some[U] of my coworkers and customers.
Quote:

Originally Posted by tristan (Post 9198414)
Ditto here. Four months into retirement and I love it. I am catching up with years of postponed tasks that I didn't have time to attack when work was getting in my way. If I don't feel like working at them on any given day then I call myself into my office and give myself a reprimand, and then head back to my easy chair and book.

Thanks. I have lots of postponed things to keep me busy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 9198434)
Yeah for you,, now you can do more of what you want to do.. have fun

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickysnickers (Post 9198447)
Congrats!!!!

Thanks.

Lost in the 60's 04-22-2023 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 9198387)

Good for you !!
Go to bed every night telling yourself "tomorrow is Saturday"...:lol:
It will take a while for the body clock to change habits. Months...years, maybe never. I still wake up at 5:30 am and can't get back to sleep some days....like today, and I retired from my trucking job 10 years ago. :(

3757chevy 04-22-2023 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in the 60's (Post 9198492)
Good for you !!
Go to bed every night telling yourself "tomorrow is Saturday"...:lol:
It will take a while for the body clock to change habits. Months...years, maybe never. I still wake up at 5:30 am and can't get back to sleep some days....like today, and I retired from my trucking job 10 years ago. :(

Thanks. Saturdays would be good . We watch our 2 granddaughters every Saturday.

FleetsidePaul 04-22-2023 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 9198491)

I been told the only problem is no more weekends. :(

It's just one big weekend from here on out. :)

I used to wait impatiently for holidays and an extra day off. Now I wonder why I didn't get mail and the bank is closed.

Oh yeah. It's a holiday. Duh! :rolleyes:

Stocker 04-22-2023 02:03 PM

The good -- every day is a holiday!

The bad -- why do it today, there's always tomorrow!

The ugly -- jeez, how did that honey-do list get so long?

Steeveedee 04-22-2023 02:36 PM

Congrats! Like Lost in the 60s said, it may take awhile to get off the work schedule. It took me about 18 months to spool down from getting up at 4:25 every morning.

3757chevy 04-22-2023 02:54 PM

Yup! I was awake 5:30 Today. Tried to go back to sleep.

tutone 04-22-2023 06:21 PM

Congratulations. It is a good feeling.
At some point, you will absolutely not know what day of the week it is. Or is that just me?