The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Photos ‘You took’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794025)

Killer Bee 04-05-2023 07:31 PM

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrens69GMC (Post 9193734)
412R, .5 hours

cool pictures - luvs me some John Deere green! :metal:

fun watching those spray rigs, 100' boom, 1000 gallon product tank, and 20 mph ground speed, they cover our small fields in less than an hour :lol:

kingsolver72 04-05-2023 08:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I remember seeing this place for the first time when I was about 4 years old.
Been by there hundreds of times. Never set foot in there. Maybe one day?

68bowtie 04-05-2023 09:13 PM

They are trailer queens lol

Killer Bee 04-05-2023 10:57 PM

got a surprise bumbershoot today!

ironically after it's been raining non-stop for months and probably won't rain again for 6 months :lol:

but I'm not ungrateful, it'll come in handy in the future I'm sure :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/xhoqy4kv34l...50663.jpg?dl=0

FirstOwner69 04-05-2023 11:03 PM

Mine arrived yesterday. I had just given up based on when others had gotten theirs.

FleetsidePaul 04-07-2023 11:33 AM

My 3 old girls are all in one place now. I hadn't driven the 71 in a long time but with a jump start it ran flawlessly on the highway.

I have plans and a stash of parts for them. I just need to find the time.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...um/3_Girls.jpg

special-K 04-07-2023 09:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just may get my umbrella yet.

Paul, I remember making a comment about driveways having a mixture of brand vehicles looking so hodge podge and you commented back on some like a variety... or whatever. Well, I'm glad you finally caught on :lol:

I was in a neighborhood of nice custom-built brick-front homes about 20 years old and took this picture I'd like to label "When you have money to burn"
Attachment 2266092

In case you can't tell, they are having fake stone applied over top of the custom brickwork

Steeveedee 04-07-2023 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9194520)
Paul, I remember making a comment about driveways having a mixture of brand vehicles looking so hodge podge and you commented back on some like a variety... or whatever. Well, I'm glad you finally caught on :lol:

I was in a neighborhood of nice custom-built brick-front homes about 20 years old and took this picture I'd like to label "When you have money to burn"
Attachment 2266092

In case you can't tell, they are having fake stone applied over top of the custom brickwork

More money than sense, that's for sure. I remember as a kid when some neighbors wanted shag carpet and gave us their perfectly serviceable really nice plush carpeting. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. When Berber came into style, they gave the shag rug to someone else. We put laminate flooring in this house in '06, and it'll probably be here until we die. Or maybe if it gets too beat up, replaced before we die. But that's going to be a toss-up. The wife wants new countertops, so we'll probably get them. The ones from '68 are getting a bit beat up...

FleetsidePaul 04-08-2023 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9194520)

Attachment 2266092

So they were putting fake stone over real brick? :rolleyes: I remember when I put a brick facia to match the used brick that was already on the garage. To make it all match. You can see the bottom of the house was painted brown and the stucco was a mess. I had a heck of a time finding used brick to match the stuff that had been there since 1962. It looked much better and matched perfectly. I never even considered the new "used' brick. It would have been much easier, but no.

Crummy picture but you get the idea.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ig_Green_2.jpg

special-K 04-08-2023 05:44 AM

I get the idea, Paul, did it right. Yep, lick n stick stone over custom brick only 20 years old. This big house will have all the brick covered. I can image the job isn't going to be cheap, yet, notice the work truck. At least they have a car in case someone gets hurt or hungry. I see "drop-off crews" working on places all the time.

72c20customcamper 04-08-2023 11:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Looks like the sun but my phone does some weird stuff . This was the full moon on wed night just coming up over the mountain . Didn’t see the contrail till I looked at the picture.

duallyjams 04-08-2023 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just like the cloud formation over the Chesapeake Bay

Attachment 2266174

duallyjams 04-08-2023 11:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Rockhold creek leading into the bay.

Attachment 2266178

HO455 04-08-2023 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9193709)
I don't care for the Hot Wheels with advertising, like that '62 C10 with Trix cereal all over it. But I envisioned something better since they did come with nice Real Rider wheels/tires. I went with the era look with the whitewalls on mags and made my own customs. The blue one has a metallic blue interior and is closer to stock. The metallic green one is mild custom with chrome grille and white interior. Not super detailed adult customs. More like how Hot Wheels might have done them, but without the chrome bed interior and chassis

While I was laid up with the Vid back in December I came across these videos. They are done well enough to be entertaining as the number of subscribers shows. You may find them entertaining as well.

https://youtu.be/QDA3CBqzLLk

https://youtu.be/xz77Ulwpf-s

68bowtie 04-08-2023 08:02 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Took the family to a local farm today to see some baby animals and cut some tulips for Easter. Snagged some pics of this old boy and played with the filter.

Attachment 2266237

Attachment 2266238

Attachment 2266239

Attachment 2266240

Attachment 2266241

68bowtie 04-09-2023 12:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I see blacked out vehicles everywhere. This made me double take. White front and rear bumpers, side mirrors, grille, and white steelies… I know it’s a f0£d but it looks great and very unique.

Attachment 2266300

Sheepdip 04-09-2023 01:50 PM

[QUOTE=68bowtie;9194740]Took the family to a local farm today to see some baby animals and cut some tulips for Easter. Snagged some pics of this old boy and played with the filter.

The first contractor I went to work for had one of those in a dump truck version that pulled a backhoe, it had a 470 something cu. inch V6 and was slow as molasses in February...empty!....seemed to always start and run though.

special-K 04-09-2023 07:47 PM

...and pull anything.

That FlOoReD? If you like it, that's cool. Just the wheels painted white would be cool. White coil springs, hangers, and sway bars? Man overboard!! :lol: Needs bigga tars to fill those voids

SRU1436 04-09-2023 08:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Took my 66 out for a cruise because the weather was nice.

special-K 04-10-2023 09:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I sure do like tat '66 Malibu

Quote:

Originally Posted by duallyjams (Post 9194639)
Rockhold creek leading into the bay.

Attachment 2266178

To get a good picture of the Chesapeake Bay in your area all you need is a camera. Nice pictures.

I did this job about 7 years ago. A brick house I replaced all the wood trim (cornice & porch) with PVC. The homeowner was very particular (anal). He didn't want any caulk or putty used at all. He wasn't expecting to ever paint is, as most who want this PVC say. Little do they know, and I tell them, they are mistaken in thinking it doesn't need paint. It is porous and will get mildew and tannin stains or anything else that stains. Paint works well on it and does not present to issues as it does on wood, which is what people are afraid of. Paint on PVC is like paint on a well prepped metal surface. Blistering and peeling on wood is caused by moisture coming through the wood trying to get out.

Anyway, here is an inside corner of his front porch. The fiberglass columns did require paint so I caulked the PVC where it met (the fiberglass wasn't totally flat.

I'll throw in an outside before & after, too

FleetsidePaul 04-10-2023 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9195054)
Needs bigga tars to fill those voids

No kidding. Those wheels do look a little puny on that truck. I do like the idea of the white bumpers and wheels though. No plans of doing that to mine though.

Here's a pic of my tarantula. I've been leaving that light on for her (I think it's a her?) She loves that light and has been so much more active with it on.

It's kind of hard to see her by her log. She's a little camera shy.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ucy_Bushes.jpg

68bowtie 04-12-2023 10:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ingenuity

Attachment 2266767

3757chevy 04-12-2023 11:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9195210)
No kidding. Those wheels do look a little puny on that truck. I do like the idea of the white bumpers and wheels though. No plans of doing that to mine though.

Here's a pic of my tarantula. I've been leaving that light on for her (I think it's a her?) She loves that light and has been so much more active with it on.

It's kind of hard to see her by her log. She's a little camera shy.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ucy_Bushes.jpg

I don't keep'm but they pass by alot.

Boog 04-13-2023 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gives me the creeps

3757chevy 04-13-2023 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9196216)
Gives me the creeps

My wife picks'm up and pets their back cause they are soft and fuzzy.:uhmk: