The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Project Vitamin C-10 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=248460)

Vernski 04-10-2012 02:19 AM

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Allan things are back to normal with regards to my subs, thank you if you were the person responsible if it went higher up thank them as well. I'm a happy camper once again and that trim is the icing on the cake on one beautiful truck...Vernski:metal:

ctandc 04-10-2012 03:37 PM

Great build thread. I know how it is to get side tracked with life, the wife, the kids, the wife, the house, the wife...well you know what I mean.

The '65 I'm building is for my son, and she was "All for it".

the other night I had to remind her of that when she started griping about the black stains on the white switches (that I just installed all over the house...some people are so ungrateful :devil:)..

So basically I'm 'blaming' this whole build on her.

Plus the kid is 15. So I figure by the time he heads off to college, he'll need something "more economical" to drive. So the '65 will probably get a LSx drivetrain.

Yee haw.

flips72 04-10-2012 03:44 PM

silver looks great alan, cant wait to seethe trim on it.

c.brown 04-10-2012 04:39 PM

looks great like the silver with the orange you got me thinking

198plus 04-10-2012 05:04 PM

Looks awesome Alan.......Again you are killing me :fry:

XtechX 04-10-2012 06:35 PM

Thanks Alan, for posting the trim and paint process pics they should help me along when I do that part. I have to drill the cab/door and fender holes on mine as well as painting the stripe. Did you make any hole templates by any chance????...lol

Alan's Classic 04-11-2012 09:22 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 5303914)
looks awesome, Alan...i knew that would break up the orange nicely...now when you get those side trim pieces installed, you'll be set!

Thanks, and I agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by allaboutchevelles (Post 5303931)
Alan, Your truck looks GREAT!! I love the stance of it. I know you probably covered it in your thread somewhere already but what did you do to the suspension to get that stance? I put 4 inch drop springs in the back of mine and ordered 3 inch drop springs for the front.

Thanks and I have 2.5 spindle drop in the front and 4" spring in the rear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66ChevyMax (Post 5303972)
Totally cool & sweet ride
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks man, I've still drooling over yours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpbjpbjpbjpb (Post 5304415)
I just bought a 60 swb stepside and got on this site for some ideas. I just spent the past 4 nites reading every post on your thread. You made an absolutely breathtaking truck. I can't wait to get cutting and building my truck. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks for taking the time to read my story or novel would be a better word. ;) Maybe I will see your build if you have one going or catch it in the future. I haven't spent much time on the forum lately. I've got less than 2 weeks before our annual get together and cruise in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vernski (Post 5304441)
Allan things are back to normal with regards to my subs, thank you if you were the person responsible if it went higher up thank them as well. I'm a happy camper once again and that trim is the icing on the cake on one beautiful truck...Vernski:metal:

Some times these things just fix them selves. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctandc (Post 5305388)
Great build thread. I know how it is to get side tracked with life, the wife, the kids, the wife, the house, the wife...well you know what I mean.

The '65 I'm building is for my son, and she was "All for it".

the other night I had to remind her of that when she started griping about the black stains on the white switches (that I just installed all over the house...some people are so ungrateful :devil:)..

So basically I'm 'blaming' this whole build on her.

Plus the kid is 15. So I figure by the time he heads off to college, he'll need something "more economical" to drive. So the '65 will probably get a LSx drivetrain.

Yee haw.

Been there with dirty light switches. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5305403)
silver looks great alan, cant wait to seethe trim on it.

:thumbs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by c.brown (Post 5305503)
looks great like the silver with the orange you got me thinking

Thinking will get you in trouble. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 198plus (Post 5305536)
Looks awesome Alan.......Again you are killing me :fry:

Remember it's 4 against one here. :haha:

Quote:

Originally Posted by XtechX (Post 5305669)
Thanks Alan, for posting the trim and paint process pics they should help me along when I do that part. I have to drill the cab/door and fender holes on mine as well as painting the stripe. Did you make any hole templates by any chance????...lol

I did make a template of the door and made one today of the cab corner for future use. I couldn't mail the door one cause it is a big piece of contact paper.

Got the over flow bottle intalled. Thanks Mark for the suggestion.

Removed the cowl seal and no change in hood. The left hinge seams to be worn out. I'm guessing. The right side of the hood will come all the way down
Also installed the thin trim and the replacement wide trim came today. Thanks Mar-K

Also got a Fiamm horn installed and working.

scotts62 04-11-2012 10:11 PM

Dude i love looking at pics of this thing :thumbs:

Alan's Classic 04-11-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotts62 (Post 5308202)
Dude i love looking at pics of this thing :thumbs:

Thanks Scott!! :metal: Now if I can get it to run as good as it looks. I tried to break the tires loose and it wouldn't do it. I wasn't really agressive with it since all my trim is laying in the bed. ;)

Strodder 04-12-2012 10:15 AM

I have nothing else to say that I didn't say before. I'll say it once more.

:metal:AWESOME!!!! :metal:

65Custom 04-12-2012 05:27 PM

Looking sweet!! things have been on a roll I have not checked in lately, and man what a lot of progress shes got to be getting close to being finished now!! ( I know they are never finished but you do get close sometimes)

66BowTieBoy 04-12-2012 07:23 PM

Hey Alan,

You are my hero and I want you to adopt me so I can inherit your truck. :c2:

I hate to be a DUMBASS (that's what my mother affectionately called me), but I can't see any plumbing to the A/C pump. You have more than impressed me with your innovative technology as you always do such trick stuff, so who knows.???

I paged back thru the NOVEL but couldn't find it, so what did I miss....? DUH:hh:

Blinded by the brilliance, lost in my own fog. :uhmk:

aka: Danny

Alan's Classic 04-12-2012 09:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 5308954)
I have nothing else to say that I didn't say before. I'll say it once more.

:metal:AWESOME!!!! :metal:

Thanks again Dennis!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65Custom (Post 5309673)
Looking sweet!! things have been on a roll I have not checked in lately, and man what a lot of progress shes got to be getting close to being finished now!! ( I know they are never finished but you do get close sometimes)

Thanks Kevin, it is definately close.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66BowTieBoy (Post 5309840)
Hey Alan,

You are my hero and I want you to adopt me so I can inherit your truck. :c2:

I hate to be a DUMBASS (that's what my mother affectionately called me), but I can't see any plumbing to the A/C pump. You have more than impressed me with your innovative technology as you always do such trick stuff, so who knows.???

I paged back thru the NOVEL but couldn't find it, so what did I miss....? DUH:hh:

Blinded by the brilliance, lost in my own fog. :uhmk:

aka: Danny

Danny, the AC and heat might be a winter project if I don't get to it before then. If my plan works you won't be able to see much of the hoses. BTW thanks!!

All the trim is in place. I just need to remove the door trim panels to install a few nuts.

I also got the lights in the hood wired, just need to clean it up some. I didn't do the sliding door contacts for several reasons. I'll get some pics of the wiring when i finish it.

duallyjams 04-12-2012 10:13 PM

I know what you will be driving on 4-21.
Congrats on a great build that gives us alot of great inspiration.

Palf70Step 04-13-2012 07:48 AM

:metal:

66ChevyMax 04-13-2012 09:24 AM

Man those last little details make all the difference. One very COOL truck.

:metal: :thumbs:

Strodder 04-13-2012 10:02 AM

You're almost done with your truck, So what's next? Do you have any other projects in the wingshttp://wtriders.com/WTR/Smileys/default/icon_shrug.gif

Alan's Classic 04-13-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duallyjams (Post 5310232)
I know what you will be driving on 4-21.
Congrats on a great build that gives us alot of great inspiration.

Yes Sir, that's the plan!! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 5310821)
:metal:

:thumbs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66ChevyMax (Post 5310930)
Man those last little details make all the difference. One very COOL truck.

:metal: :thumbs:

The bad thing is most will not noticed all the little details, but it pays off when people notice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 5310978)
You're almost done with your truck, So what's next? Do you have any other projects in the wingshttp://wtriders.com/WTR/Smileys/default/icon_shrug.gif

I can't afford another project like this. Maybe it will bring me some work. I'm still plugging away at the Mustang. One thing i plan to do is get caught up on all the builds here. I've neglected the board for the past 2 months due to me trying to get this thing ready for the cruise and parade.

No progress today, but Monday I hope to get it on the alignment rack. Then get it back home.

Strodder 04-13-2012 08:59 PM

What's funny is, I have the work but no time to do my own..:waah: :lol:

198plus 04-13-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 5310978)

He can come help finish mine ;)

sdailey 04-13-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 198plus (Post 5312076)

Ronnie,

He's already got experience on the 60-66 body style, now he needs to practice on a 67-72, preferably a '69.:lol:

Keep up the good work Alan.:metal:

Hubscrub 04-13-2012 09:55 PM

that truck has turned out great very nice!!!!! i love all the details you put into it gets my mind moving:lol:

LIVE RUST 04-13-2012 10:19 PM

This thread should be in the FAQ section titled How to completely rebuild an entire 60-66 truck and do it right. Nice job Alan.

Strodder 04-13-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

You have plenty of help Ronnie. Alan can come visit here in So Cal for a while, and help me finish mine..:haha:

Alan's Classic 04-13-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 5312058)
What's funny is, I have the work but no time to do my own..:waah: :lol:

I've seen it too many times, bodymen with their own projects sitting in the corner. I vowed to myself that that wouldn't happen. ;)

Quote:

See bottom line. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdailey (Post 5312144)
Ronnie,

He's already got experience on the 60-66 body style, now he needs to practice on a 67-72, preferably a '69.:lol:

Keep up the good work Alan.:metal:

Thanks neighbor, when do you want to start on yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hubscrub (Post 5312185)
that truck has turned out great very nice!!!!! i love all the details you put into it gets my mind moving:lol:

Thanks and be careful when your mind is moving. It prolongs your project. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIVE RUST (Post 5312260)
This thread should be in the FAQ section titled How to completely rebuild an entire 60-66 truck and do it right. Nice job Alan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 5312310)
You have plenty of help Ronnie. Alan can come visit here in So Cal for a while, and help me finish mine..:haha:

All expenses paid?? :lol:

Looks like I'm up for the highest bidder. :haha: