The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Photos ‘You took’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794025)

72c20customcamper 05-15-2023 05:12 PM

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

3 Attachment(s)
Managed to get the instructions for the 50s Anco wiper tool . Internet is good for some things

special-K 05-16-2023 06:34 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Since I went AWOL before Spring Carlisle, here's a chance to share a picture of my meager offerings for a single space. Had a great time. Saw all the good people I always see and met more new ones. Good food and good fun

special-K 05-17-2023 05:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This place in Hanover, PA stood out enough I got my camera out while sitting at a light and took a shot. In this world of change some things seem to stay the same

FleetsidePaul 05-17-2023 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9204771)
This place in Hanover, PA stood out enough I got my camera out while sitting at a light and took a shot. In this world of change some things seem to stay the same

If I'm ever in Hanover then I know where I'm going. That looks like my kind of place. I just love hot dogs. (Yeah I know save the jokes :lol:).

I just got this new toy. It's a hot dog steamer. I haven't even used it yet. No idea how it works but I'll figure it out. I have the roller type already and a hot dog cart too. I like those Red Hot's. :lol:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...og_Steamer.jpg

special-K 05-17-2023 01:16 PM

You could buy a wiener in Hanover, PA and drive straight through back home for three day old. But I'm sure you'd get hungry along the way. Maybe pre-order hot dogs along the route three days in advance. Then again, I bet you enjoy those fresh as well as possibly other foods.

I like the finer things in life, try to eat healthy, etc. But I can't imagine giving up greasy spoon food. It's so American! :flagw:

CG 05-17-2023 02:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We rented this place last week. Just off the Columbia River in Stevenson WA. Weather was super nice. Did a little sight seeing and a lot of lazin’ around.

LockDoc 05-17-2023 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9204875)
We rented this place last week. Just off the Columbia River in Stevenson WA. Weather was super nice. Did a little sight seeing and a lot of lazin’ around.

Man, that looks like a great cabin. I could make that home for a week or two.... Have you ever taken a river boat cruise up or down the Columbia?

LockDoc

Sheepdip 05-17-2023 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9204848)
If I'm ever in Hanover then I know where I'm going. That looks like my kind of place. I just love hot dogs. (Yeah I know save the jokes :lol:).

I just got this new toy. It's a hot dog steamer. I haven't even used it yet. No idea how it works but I'll figure it out. I have the roller type already and a hot dog cart too. I like those Red Hot's. :lol:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...og_Steamer.jpg

You brought back memories! In the early to mid 70's I bought a hotdog cooker that had two wires that went in each end, you kind of bowed the hotdog like a banana between them and sent electricity through it to heat/cook it. It caught them on fire! Lol!:lol::lol:

Killer Bee 05-17-2023 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9204875)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9204939)
Man, that looks like a great cabin. I could make that home for a week or two.... Have you ever taken a river boat cruise up or down the Columbia?

LockDoc

ya really, I can laze with the best of 'em! :lol:

looks big enough, why weren't we invited? :confused:

CG 05-17-2023 09:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Never taken a river boat cruise but we had lunch one day by where it was docked.

Yeah it was roomy in the house for sure. It had an open loft with two twin beds on each end with a bathroom separating them. It was just my wife and I so we didn’t use that area at all

special-K 05-17-2023 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 9204966)
ya really, I can laze with the best of 'em! :lol:

looks big enough, why weren't we invited? :confused:

I guess it's up to us guys to book our own week up there. Can you imagine that?

3757chevy 05-17-2023 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdip (Post 9204959)
You brought back memories! In the early to mid 70's I bought a hotdog cooker that had two wires that went in each end, you kind of bowed the hotdog like a banana between them and sent electricity through it to heat/cook it. It caught them on fire! Lol!:lol::lol:

I had the same hotdog cooker and yeah it overcooked 'm .

FleetsidePaul 05-18-2023 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdip (Post 9204959)

:haha: Reminds me of when we got a microwave way back when and I went to cook a hot dog in it. I knew nothing about microwaves and the dang hot dog exploded and made a big mess in my mothers new oven. She was so mad at me. She called me all kinds of names and just about kicked me out of the house. :lol:

special-K 05-18-2023 07:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
zzz

yuccales 05-18-2023 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9204970)
Never taken a river boat cruise but we had lunch one day by where it was docked.

Yeah it was roomy in the house for sure. It had an open loft with two twin beds on each end with a bathroom separating them. It was just my wife and I so we didn’t use that area at all

Love those flags!

FleetsidePaul 05-18-2023 09:51 AM

Floor is coming along. I might actually have some furniture soon.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...lway_Floor.jpg

3757chevy 05-18-2023 06:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Guess who I thought of when I saw this today?

special-K 05-21-2023 06:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw a brand new '85 with utility body while in the '78 dually I had and grabbed a shot. I miss that truck (same as the others), 454/4spd, Detroit Locker, Camper Special, wood bed floor

weq92f 05-21-2023 12:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)

68bowtie 05-21-2023 01:31 PM

Truck catheter?

special-K 05-22-2023 05:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Check out the curb on this traffic circle. That's been hit more than a couple times

68bowtie 05-22-2023 09:58 PM

I might see the culprit

Stocker 05-22-2023 10:40 PM

^^^ Could be! :lol:

special-K 05-23-2023 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 9206335)
I might see the culprit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 9206346)
^^^ Could be! :lol:

People in that area can not drive. I can only assume that driver ed teacher is instructing the newbie how not to drive. I did think it was ironic, so I took a picture. but really, I drive down there to work and every time, without fail, as soon as I'm in the area I see people doing all the dumb driver stuff. This is one of the most affluent counties in the nation and from my point of view they all have their heads up their ying yang. A sea of fools. How many times do you think that curb has been hammered for it to be totally busted up like that? Probably dozens of times. And these are the people who would embrace the traffic circle idea. In the evening it gets a huge backup because these people can't figure out how to make it flow. Now, instead of the road that had to stop to cross (and get backed way up) flows a steady stream through while the one that had the right of way gets backed up. All the circle has done is swap who has to sit and wait. It didn't serve the intended purpose due to idiots... high paid idiots

dieseldawg142 05-23-2023 10:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
my wife asked me what in heck is wrong with me lately...twice in the last week i had to get her to bring my truck spare keys down to the shop after locking mine in...then the other day i washed my crewy, decided to do under the hood as well. bagged up the air cleaner and went at it. left the hood open to dry, couple hrs later went to the store, seen the hood open so i shut it and started it up...well there was a loud bang/pop as my air filter decompressed from having a bag wrapped on it still...
i actually straitened it out a bit, but it's crimped so ordered a new one...$152 screw up...
Attachment 2271773Attachment 2271774