The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   1966 SBBW pro street (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=448089)

QWYKTRUK 10-01-2011 03:10 PM

Re: 1966 SBBW pro street

Thanks Bud! They're 31x18.50x15 's I think that the same size Dino went with.

wutnxt 10-01-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QWYKTRUK (Post 4929814)
Thanks Bud! They're 31x18.50x15 's I think that the same size Dino went with.

=================================================
I have seen a few pictures of your truck and there is some great work on your ride. I just wish mine was together so i could enjoy some seat time ...but with winter on it's way here I have kinda shifted gears on my build. It might as well spend some time in a nice warm body shop getting prep'd while I bang out a few smaller projects.....

QWYKTRUK 10-01-2011 03:49 PM

That's why we live here in the desert! You can't shovel sunshine !

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product you are putting together.

Stay warm! It's 101 here today , cloudy and a chance of thunderstorms and 30% chance of rain. Haha! That means we ain't getting any!

wutnxt 10-02-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QWYKTRUK (Post 4929864)
That's why we live here in the desert! You can't shovel sunshine !

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product you are putting together.

Stay warm! It's 101 here today , cloudy and a chance of thunderstorms and 30% chance of rain. Haha! That means we ain't getting any!

===============================================
Well i am not home at the moment and am up north, it froze last night and is over cast and will probaly rain today. But hey if ya live in a place where ya don't need windshield wipers and ice scrappers your doing it the easy way.....lol

chad64chevy 10-03-2011 07:00 PM

damn bubba how many trucks do you have?? those seats look good, i would like to get a shop built too that way i got work year round on mine but i got two small kids and two cars payments so that will have to wait for another year or two, lol!!

wutnxt 10-03-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 4933135)
damn bubba how many trucks do you have?? those seats look good, i would like to get a shop built too that way i got work year round on mine but i got two small kids and two cars payments so that will have to wait for another year or two, lol!!

Dude....bubba?....who you calling bubba?...lol....Well I don't actually know how many more trucks i have excatly,but some are just parts trucks . I hear what your saying about shops and kids, but wait till you start sending them to university...ouch......that makes trucks look cheap

66-PMD-GMC 10-03-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutnxt (Post 4933178)
Dude....bubba?....who you calling bubba?...lol....Well I don't actually know how many more trucks i have excatly,but some are just parts trucks . I hear what your saying about shops and kids, but wait till you start sending them to university...ouch......that makes trucks look cheap

Yeah buddy! I have 5 kids, 3 on there own now and 2 still clinging to mama's apron but they will be on their own soon too. They do make trucks seem cheap! Yes they do... :lol: I sooooo here ya wutnxt:metal:

wutnxt 10-03-2011 11:21 PM

My plan is to run 3" exhaust through the side of the box infront of the back tires. So i am looking for something cool in stainless that would mount to the box with a flange on the back side of it. I was thinking something maybe from a boat?..But i really don't want just a trim piece that just goes around the exhaust...I want a piece that mounts to the box if you know what i mean....suggestions and ideas ?

66-PMD-GMC 10-04-2011 12:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Doesn't mopar have trimmed exhaust exit holes? Or is that ford?
I think a MK1 MG ZS trim would look cool and follow the shape pretty closely.
It's more of a notch than a hole.

Dieselwrencher 10-04-2011 02:22 PM

You should build something like Tow-guyz did for his wrecker build and then chrome it. That would look sweet! by the way, cool fire truck! And you weren't kidding about growing trucks there. :lol:

wutnxt 10-04-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 4934603)
You should build something like Tow-guyz did for his wrecker build and then chrome it. That would look sweet! by the way, cool fire truck! And you weren't kidding about growing trucks there. :lol:

===============================================

Ya from what i have seen so far i think i am going to have to make something and then powder coat it or chrome it.....so much for doing it the simple way....but hey thats how it goes sometimes......Ya i got a few wrecks in the " Field of dreams"

Dieselwrencher 10-04-2011 02:29 PM

Besides, if you build it, it will be unique to your truck as the rest of it is.

wutnxt 10-04-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 4934617)
Besides, if you build it, it will be unique to your truck as the rest of it is.

Ya....and i want it to look cool....and protect the body from the exhaust....so it looks like the way to go...

McMurphy 10-04-2011 07:32 PM

Awesome build!
I am not sure which to be more jealous of, the build or the shop you are doing it in... :metal:

I am currently stationed in Alaska, but when I retire I will be back in Spokane, too cool to know some of you are local. I cannot wait to see how this rig turns out, then see it in person some day!!

Dinos63 10-10-2011 06:24 PM

move ya back up

wutnxt 10-10-2011 10:18 PM

Sorry.....more updates soon

I have been working on my shop getting it cleaned and sorted out before all the crappy weather hits.....

Well did a little more work on the truck and it's stuck in the chassis shop behind a 3 ton international....for those of you heading to SEMA this year the 3 ton truck is going to be there . I will take some pics maybe tomorrow and show you what that looks like. It's freaking wicked...built from the ground up and detailed to the max.....My big block is down at the machine shop with my blower and it looks like i have everything i need now to put it together. My buddy is building a 47 along side of mine and they will be side by side at the body shop soon and thats going to be pretty cool. His lays running boards,has a big back window,set back firewall,smoothed out it's a really nice ride....can't wait to go rolling side by side.

wutnxt 11-02-2011 05:15 PM

Poured another floor in one of my shops to give me enough room for 4 more trucks......just finishing closing it up before the winter hits so progress has been slow on the truck front.

But i have been considering lowering the bumper a inch.....lose the bumper bolts and do it as a hidden bolt bumper. Shaving it and bringing it in to the body more so it hugs tighter. Then i think i want to extend the factory look while lowering the front pieces of my front fender so that when the truck is aired down it looks like it sits more level.Should be back onto the prostreet truck in a week or so with some of these mods.....

Dieselwrencher 11-02-2011 07:34 PM

Sounds good to me. More shop space, who can't use that right? :lol:

wutnxt 11-12-2011 07:27 PM

Well good news....

Shop floor is poured and more then half the shop is up......Ready to start moving tools soon and i can't wait.

On the truck front .....bit the bullet and made some changes. Lowered the front bumper 1" and cut out the fenders for more clearance. Rad support and front end bracing is well under way now and have begun to figure out how to finish the hood. Have a host of body mods in progress and a bunch more in my head once i see how some out it turns out. I should have pictures for next week and i hope to finally move it over to the body shop next week.

Dinos63 11-12-2011 08:02 PM

CONGRATS ON MORE SPACE:metal: HOW ABOUT A FEW PICS OF THE SHOP??

wutnxt 11-12-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinos63 (Post 5005952)
CONGRATS ON MORE SPACE:metal: HOW ABOUT A FEW PICS OF THE SHOP??

Maybe after i put the urinal on the shop wall.......still trying to think of the caption to put abouve it ....has to say something about ford and dodge huh ?....lol

By the way I dig your truck man it sure turned out sweet dude....you build a bad a$$ ride

McMurphy 11-13-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutnxt (Post 5005960)
Maybe after i put the urinal on the shop wall.......still trying to think of the caption to put abouve it ....has to say something about ford and dodge huh ?....lol

By the way I dig your truck man it sure turned out sweet dude....you build a bad a$$ ride

Over my urinal it will say "Congressional plans for your tax money go here"

wutnxt 11-15-2011 03:54 PM

Cracks up ...okay that was funny and i am canadain.........

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 5007303)
Over my urinal it will say "Congressional plans for your tax money go here"

wutnxt 11-15-2011 04:04 PM

Is feeling a little bad i have not done any picture updates.......will see if i can get some pictures taken tomorrow and then load something up .

McMurphy 11-15-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutnxt (Post 4933764)
My plan is to run 3" exhaust through the side of the box infront of the back tires. So i am looking for something cool in stainless that would mount to the box with a flange on the back side of it. I was thinking something maybe from a boat?..But i really don't want just a trim piece that just goes around the exhaust...I want a piece that mounts to the box if you know what i mean....suggestions and ideas ?

Egads... I have read entirely too many of these builds.
In one of them (sorry I am not a search guru) someone used Corvette body exhaust trims to do what you are talking about. If I can find it again I will post the thread link here for you.