The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Sold American! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=752564)

Ol Blue K20 08-06-2023 09:21 PM

Re: Sold American!

Awesome!

DeadheadNM 08-06-2023 09:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Speaking of home run, here are alternatives in US made baseball hats now that New Era has opted to use overseas labor.

Accelo 08-07-2023 12:27 AM

https://www.allamericanclothing.com/collections/jeans

kingsolver72 08-07-2023 10:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I’ve got about eight Triple Aught Design hats. Made in California.
I like these covers because they delete the squatcho.

DeadheadNM 08-31-2023 07:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
USA made pencils

davischevy 09-01-2023 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 9235620)
USA made pencils

Back to school!

Micmac 09-07-2023 02:54 AM

I couldn’t get a battery I needed over here in Maine, drove across the bridge and bought a battery at Canadian Tire, guess where it was made? Right here in the Big PX . I do have many snap on’ s made in Canada. I own 3 kubota tractors made in us (Tennessee)most likely parts made in Japan. The Ferd and John Deere tractors I looked at had Chi-Com engines . We’re my Dad living (he fought in the pacific USN) I wouldn’t have bought them. I don’t like buying anything but things manufactured buy our allies.

DeadheadNM 09-07-2023 07:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happened across this flagpole light

davischevy 09-07-2023 08:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My skid steer forks.

mr.mud1 09-07-2023 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micmac (Post 9237747)
I couldn’t get a battery I needed over here in Maine, drove across the bridge and bought a battery at Canadian Tire, guess where it was made? Right here in the Big PX . I do have many snap on’ s made in Canada. I own 3 kubota tractors made in us (Tennessee)most likely parts made in Japan. The Ferd and John Deere tractors I looked at had Chi-Com engines . We’re my Dad living (he fought in the pacific USN) I wouldn’t have bought them. I don’t like buying anything but things manufactured buy our allies.

i hear ya Pete.i do the same.i buy all i can made here in Canada or made in the U.S.A and more of us should try living that way,we'd be better off.I told the man at the tire shop looking for tires for my 72 truck a year ago the size and nothing made in China.he asked why and i told him why.i didn't want to support someone on the other side of the world and i didn't want junk.he said that's a myth?i told him if he wanted that crap on his car,help himself,i wasn't interested.when i ordered the Firestone Transforce tires i bought,from a dealer in Quebec,i was happy to see stamped on them "Made in Canada"beautiful,well built,quality tires.my wife is on Newfoundland visiting her folks but ordered 2 of those garden hoses that shrivel up when they're empty.they arrived yesterday,a 100 and a 50 footer.she drags the old garden hose about 125 feet to her greenhouse everyday and it's heavy.she had about 50 of them on her screen at Amazon,asking my opinion before she left.i said they're all made in China,one is going to be as good as the next,didn't matter,well they're here,the 100 footer is 65 feet and the 50 footer is 17??i guess you can pull them til they're about to snap to gain some length but that won't last??more China junk going back as soon as she gets home.

Micmac 09-08-2023 10:11 AM

Back when I lived in North Carolina a friend of mine lost an eye using one of those Chi-Com ball peen hammers. Only hammers you’ll find around my place are made by Estwing, Snap On and Craftsman (when they were made in USA). My father-in-law in New Zealand introduced me to Swazi outdoor clothing. They were a fine brand of clothing especially the rain gear and warm shirts. Unfortunately, last year they took their manufacturing out side of New Zealand to Communist China. My wife is presently over there helping her brother recover from a stroke, I told her if she gets a chance to look in second hand shops and find me some of the old New Zealand manufactured ones. I have some that have lasted 40 years with little to no wear.

special-K 09-08-2023 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I took this picture at work today of the tools I was using. No coincidence here

dmb 09-08-2023 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8104459)
I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember the Lucky Strike cigarette commercial where the auctioneer ended his chant with "Sold American!"

I am a "Buy American" kind of guy. I figure we are in this together, and when I'm buying goods I'm going to support a fellow American if I can.

This ramble was started by ITTR's SK ratchet thread. I started wondering how many wrenches and hand tools were still manufactured in the USA.

I wasn't aware that SK Tools as we know it filed bankruptcy, but were bought up by a bigger company and their quality is pretty much where it was in their heyday.

I actually found several brands still made in the USA, so I can still buy wrenches.

LSMFT Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco
David in VA

Micmac 09-09-2023 02:18 PM

Lucky Strikes were made not far from where I grew up, in Reidsville NC. That place was humming until about 25 years ago. CLOSED

Micmac 09-09-2023 02:25 PM

If you want tennis shoes not made by Victor Charlie, New Balance makes some nice shoes in Skowhegen Maine

dmb 09-09-2023 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micmac (Post 9238463)
Lucky Strikes were made not far from where I grew up, in Reidsville NC. That place was humming until about 25 years ago. CLOSED

I was raised on a tobacco farm about 25 miles north of South Boston. It was booming in south boston until about 30 years ago or so. Times have changed

DeadheadNM 09-09-2023 08:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
:chevy:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Micmac (Post 9238464)
If you want tennis shoes not made by Victor Charlie, New Balance makes some nice shoes in Skowhegen Maine

I’m a fan 😁

DeadheadNM 09-12-2023 03:22 PM

Decently priced, USA-made license plate frames here: https://www.customcargear.com/shopccg/patriotic

special-K 10-30-2023 08:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got a '99 GMC Sonoma this year for a little cheap on gas go getter. I want to do a few "sport truck" touches on it. Since the insides of the muffler decided to come apart on me, it was time for a new cat-back exhaust. I ordered up a Gibson kit... Made In USA

DeadheadNM 10-30-2023 11:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Good deal.

Saw these US made cattle prods the other day.

Shifty One 10-30-2023 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 9235620)
USA made pencils

John Wick approved!

DeadheadNM 12-01-2023 10:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
FWIW, here’s a 20% off coupon good through years end for many items at All American Clothing Co. https://www.allamericanclothing.com/

davischevy 12-09-2023 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These work great.

special-K 12-09-2023 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 9265237)
These work great.

I'm ready for one

LockDoc 12-09-2023 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 9265237)
These work great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9265253)
I'm ready for one

Me too. My wife has been complaining about the knives being pretty dull. I told her that they match me to a "T".... :)

LockDoc