The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   intro + 66 black bagged long fleet (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=449548)

clemdaddy 04-22-2013 08:10 AM

Re: intro + 66 black bagged long fleet

Quote:

Originally Posted by coulter (Post 6026962)
ahh nice!! i would love to come check out ur truck!! where is the show at?

downtown, around the square... sigshooter is grilling burgers.

Jmorales3181 04-22-2013 10:16 AM

Ahhh i need one of those baby's! :chevy:
Posted via Mobile Device

coulter 04-23-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 6026984)
downtown, around the square... sigshooter is grilling burgers.

ahh cool ill have to come check it out :metal::metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmorales3181 (Post 6027189)
Ahhh i need one of those baby's! :chevy:
Posted via Mobile Device

for some reason i have been dreading doing the driveline on this thing.. im glad i finally broke down and bought the stuff to do it
btw ive been doing some cool work to my gauge bezel. so i should have another update hopefully tomorrow
also bout to take a week off work so i can hopefully get this thing all wired up and running. just mainly gotta tie of alot of loose ends. ive been way too scatter brained on this truck..lol

McMurphy 04-23-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coulter (Post 6029132)
ahh cool ill have to come check it out :metal::metal:

for some reason i have been dreading doing the driveline on this thing.. im glad i finally broke down and bought the stuff to do it
btw ive been doing some cool work to my gauge bezel. so i should have another update hopefully tomorrow
also bout to take a week off work so i can hopefully get this thing all wired up and running. just mainly gotta tie of alot of loose ends. ive been way too scatter brained on this truck..lol

Oh snap! I cannot wait to see what you come up with on your guage bezel !!
I was real scatter brained on mine too, till I decided to focus on getting the cab done!

I am not saying there is any hurry..... but

B63Zombie 04-24-2013 02:08 AM

Love your build, been following it for a while, just joined a few weeks ago so now i can comment.

I wish my truck had that patina yours does looks sick.

coulter 04-24-2013 07:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanx guys. welcome to the forum B63Zombie!!!
Here is a lil preview. I didnt want to mount the switches in the factory location so i decided to make a block off plate out of some stainless. I welded 3 studs to the back to attach it. Also my first attempt at engraving a design. Still more engraving and polishing needs to be done but u get the idea
Posted via Mobile Device

coulter 04-24-2013 07:52 AM

btw the pics are reversed..lol the second pic is before the engraving

Jmorales3181 04-24-2013 09:46 AM

Awesome work as usual man! Always have some cool ideas!:chevy:
Posted via Mobile Device

flips72 04-24-2013 06:47 PM

very nice:metal:love the engraving.

Bomp 04-24-2013 09:36 PM

http://www.clicksmilies.com/usersmil...e-flatter1.gifI vont to say you'vv gotz zome zerious skillzzz.

Keep Killin' it man!!!!http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/fe...smiley-019.gif

coulter 04-25-2013 01:32 AM

hahaha thanx for the cool comments guys.. im officially on vacation now so i got 10 days of freedom!!!! time to get some s@#t done :metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

OLDIRON69 04-25-2013 08:47 AM

just caught back up, bad azz man.

McMurphy 04-25-2013 01:11 PM

Any chance you could show how you are doing your engraving?
It looks soooooooo clean and awesome man, I knew it was going to be something special when you hinted at it!!

You never disappoint dude :metal:

coulter 04-26-2013 11:29 AM

thanx guys!!!

McMurphy ill take some pics of the engraver today. its just a cheapo from harbor freight that i bought to engrave my name on my tools at work.. figured i would see if i could do somthing cool with it..

Bomp 04-26-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coulter (Post 6035763)
thanx guys!!!

McMurphy ill take some pics of the engraver today. its just a cheapo from harbor freight that i bought to engrave my name on my tools at work.. figured i would see if i could do somthing cool with it..

"Something cool with it"
You did!:metal:

Jmorales3181 04-29-2013 10:42 AM

So you enjoying your vacation or are you jamming out on ur truck lol! I'm taking the end of the week off to paint my frame.... Definitely excited feel like this part is taking forever but hopefully will be worth all the hard work if it all comes together like I am planning lol!
Posted via Mobile Device

coulter 04-29-2013 03:15 PM

5 Attachment(s)
thanx bomp!!

and Jmorales ya i been loving it so far!! been riding my dirtbike a little bit and working like crazy repainting my harley.. i wonted to get that done over the winter but never got around to it.. so i had to knock it out real quick.

cant wait to see how that frame turns out!! i bet it gonna look really good with ur paint skills!!!!

here are some pics of my repaint project on my bike
i ended up using plasti dip because its pretty durable and the matte finish is very nice!! overall pretty happy with it for a 40 dollar paint job!! its nice and thick so it hides imperfections pretty well too

also mcmurphy here is the engraver i am using. its just a cheapo from harbor freight but it works pretty good

coulter 04-29-2013 03:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
my bright halogen lights make the color look kinda weird on the pics above but here are some pics of how it turned out before i finished my bags

im gonna go ride to a cool spot later and take some good pics now that its all done. also gonna start on the truck today :metal::metal::metal::metal:

likaroc13 04-29-2013 03:35 PM

Cool bike! My dad rides a "Hog." The plasti-dip looks good. Seems like that stuff has really gotten popular lately.
Posted via Mobile Device

coulter 04-29-2013 03:51 PM

i can see why!! its a great product.. after about 8 hrs i could try to scratch it with my fingernail and i couldnt scratch it like normal paint.. and you can peel the hole thing off whenever you want!! its pretty cool stuff

McMurphy 04-29-2013 07:02 PM

So..... I have engraving tips for my Dremel, but what I was REALLY wondering was if you were free handing your designs, or if you were using a template.
Then the next questions would be, are you making your templates or buying them?
And on and on and on and on.....sometimes I feel like a 4 year old constantly asking "why?" :smoke:

Just went back thru your build from page one.... like reading an old favorite book for me. I wanted to ask you how you liked your radiator, I need to get one.

coulter 04-29-2013 07:41 PM

i just used a fine tip sharpie and drew it on. i know there are better ways of doing that but it worked

as far as the radiator goes i like it so far.. we will have to wait and see how well it does its job.. hopefully pretty soon ill find out!!

Dinos63 04-29-2013 07:52 PM

very slick!

Jmorales3181 04-29-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coulter (Post 6041573)
thanx bomp!!

and Jmorales ya i been loving it so far!! been riding my dirtbike a little bit and working like crazy repainting my harley.. i wonted to get that done over the winter but never got around to it.. so i had to knock it out real quick.

cant wait to see how that frame turns out!! i bet it gonna look really good with ur paint skills!!!!

here are some pics of my repaint project on my bike
i ended up using plasti dip because its pretty durable and the matte finish is very nice!! overall pretty happy with it for a 40 dollar paint job!! its nice and thick so it hides imperfections pretty well too

also mcmurphy here is the engraver i am using. its just a cheapo from harbor freight but it works pretty good

Thanks man! Ill have to try that stuff out on something. Bike looks nice !
Will look cool in your bed or on a trailer behind your truck....oh yeah I have that hitch if you want it....if not I may cut it up and throw it on my truck lol.

By the way as far as your bed goes Did you have to do alot of trimming for your wheels....mine are 15x10 and I'm thinking they might be a bit wide and am hoping I don't have to narrow my rear for 15x 10 rims although I may want to do some 20x8.5 and 20x10s or some new tahoe Ltz rims...any suggestions?:waah:
Posted via Mobile Device

McMurphy 04-29-2013 11:46 PM

Now see, I may never have thought of drawing with the felt pen first....
and I use a sharpie all the time !!! :dohh:

Thanks man, I may try some of that while I wait for paint to dry.
Speaking of which.....

coulter 04-30-2013 12:38 AM

5 Attachment(s)
thanx man!! i dont think im gonna worry about a hitch for a while cause i dont have a trailer anyway. thanx for the offer though!!
ya i had to do some trimming.. wasnt a whole lot. the 15x10s will prolly work if they are like a 6 inch backspacing.. a watts link would make that alot easier to get the clearance u need cause it took a while to find the sweet spot on my panhard bar so it wouldnt rub at all during travel.

btw i took the bike out and snapped a few pics. i like it so much better than that goofy tribal graffics it had before

coulter 04-30-2013 12:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
more

Jmorales3181 04-30-2013 06:42 AM

You definitely have good taste man! Looks clean!!! My buddy builds some insane bagger bikes out here on the east coast.

Well I'm hoping to not to have to go the watts link route....bout to paint the frame this week and I waited for my porterbuilt panhard bar for like 2 months and already painted it so I guess I will have to make it work lol! :chevy:
Posted via Mobile Device

dr69burb 04-30-2013 08:16 AM

Damn brotha the bike looks good. Was that the plasti dip in the rattle can? I can't wait to get a bagger. Can't wait to see some killer work on the truck.
Posted via Mobile Device

coulter 05-05-2013 05:10 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmorales3181 (Post 6043061)
You definitely have good taste man! Looks clean!!! My buddy builds some insane bagger bikes out here on the east coast.

Well I'm hoping to not to have to go the watts link route....bout to paint the frame this week and I waited for my porterbuilt panhard bar for like 2 months and already painted it so I guess I will have to make it work lol! :chevy:
Posted via Mobile Device

thanx man!! ur paint on all ur parts turned out soo nice man :metal::metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr69burb (Post 6043152)
Damn brotha the bike looks good. Was that the plasti dip in the rattle can? I can't wait to get a bagger. Can't wait to see some killer work on the truck.
Posted via Mobile Device

ya it took 5 cans to do the bike and so far i love it.. after the first day u could scratch at it with your fingernail and it wouldnt scratch.. its pretty tough stuff

anyway i got alot of work done this week.. pretty much just trying to finish up on like 10 different projects that i got 80% done and moved on to somthing else.. lol ive wasted too much time .. o well its my first build like this so i really dont have a good routine yet..lol

the pics are kinda random.. i wasnt really taking good progress pics i just snaped a few when i got done with stuff
some things i got done:
finished up my fuel line and heat wrapped with insulating tape
finished up my brake lines ( still need to fill with fuild and bleed everything but ready to test out)
got the engine wiring done
gauges installed and hooked up
finally got around to mounting my tranny crossmember. had to redrill most of the holes cause they didnt line up :metal::metal::metal: ive been dreading doing that !! but really wasnt as bad as i thought
removed rear trailing amrs for modification
got belts put on the engine ( not pictured yet)
secured all air lines, and wiring to frame with rubber lined p clamps

anyway here are some pics

coulter 05-05-2013 05:19 PM

5 Attachment(s)
got some exhaust goodies!! im pumped about that part of the build :metal::metal::metal:
i needed new u bolts and was haveing a hard time finding some so i just bought a drop kit.. gonna redo my trailing arm setup because of clearance issuses
redrilled holes and mounted tranny crossmember
also a pic of some wiring:metal::metal:

coulter 05-05-2013 05:23 PM

5 Attachment(s)
finsihed up my rear brake line. everything is tight and ready just gotta make 1 mounting tab for the flex hose at the rear end the fill it with fuild and start bleeding
also you can kinda see how im gonna fix my clearance issues since im gonna run 15" wheels
gonna trim the trailing arms then box them in

coulter 05-05-2013 05:24 PM

i was wanting to hear the motor run after that week of vacation but i decided it was more important to work on other things that were not completed yet. more pics coming soon

plainred65 05-05-2013 09:09 PM

I like where you're heading with this build, awesome!

baggedbigblock 05-05-2013 09:21 PM

Coulter, it's looking good. I am switching to porterbuilt rear trailing arms because I am not happy with the scrub line with drop blocks on 15's. They aren't too bad priced and have a 3" drop built in, with adjustable ends to center the wheel in the well. I really like your truck.

coulter 05-05-2013 10:23 PM

Well i thought about that bit i wasnt sure how that round tubing would hold up with my bags mounted where they r. Im gonna stretch mine an inch when i do the mods to center up the wheels
Posted via Mobile Device

66 GMC Truckin 05-06-2013 12:52 AM

I really like the clean look of your wiring. Where did you get the wire wrap/loom? How much does it cost? Great Job. :D

BrokeTillDone 05-06-2013 02:03 AM

Awesome build!!! I had to read through all 28 pages. Great work I hope I can get my truck to this level.

clemdaddy 05-06-2013 09:41 PM

nice work man... making good headway with your off week. love the bike, came out really good.

Jmorales3181 05-07-2013 10:53 AM

Man your rockin out! Nice progress! So your changing thing up on me lol? Can't wait to see what your next move is
Posted via Mobile Device