The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Getter-Done 05-05-2023 09:15 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.mud1 (Post 9201926)
i am now the proud owner of the most expensive ice cream EVER but all for a good cause.we're leaving in the morning for Medina,Ohio to visit our friends that we saw last October in Ohio.Bob is fighting pancreatic cancer,a battle we know we won't win.he loves ice cream and we have been bragging about the Trueman Berry Farm not far from here and their homemade ice cream,so we're taking him some.i drove today,80 miles to get a cooler 1/2 full of dry ice,then stopped at Trueman's on the way back.the Mustang is ready to go,the cooler is packed and in the trunk.hopefully we'll get there with the cargo in good shape.Trueman told me they travel to friends in PA often and take their ice cream in dry ice and it does fine.hopefully this will work?take care.Greg.

Wow:metal:

Great gesture to your Friend.

This is a Great thing you are doing. :metal::metal:

Steeveedee 05-05-2023 09:37 PM

Bought a motorhome to replace our travel trailer. I'm going to have to live to be 90 to pay it off. :( Guess they'll get it back, before that. :lol:

FleetsidePaul 05-06-2023 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9201961)
Bought a motorhome to replace our travel trailer. I'm going to have to live to be 90 to pay it off. :( Guess they'll get it back, before that. :lol:

Don't be such a tease Steven. What motorhome did you get?

Steeveedee 05-06-2023 10:32 AM

2023 E450, 24 feet long. First time I've bought that brand of vehicle. 🤷*♂️

tutone 05-06-2023 01:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Went to a car show with some friends this morning and there were some nice 67-72 chevy trucks. There was one in particular that I really like. I've seen it 3 times so today I took a picture. Its the 4x4.

allchevy58 05-06-2023 10:44 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Poured the footings for our house today.

68bowtie 05-07-2023 12:11 AM

Looks like some legit footings.

FleetsidePaul 05-07-2023 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9202065)
2023 E450, 24 feet long. First time I've bought that brand of vehicle. 🤷*♂️

What brand is that?? :lol::lol:

Sounds like a nice rig. Lot's of good camping places in Lake Isabella and Kernville. ;)

Rickysnickers 05-07-2023 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allchevy58 (Post 9202180)
Poured the footings for our house today.

House??? Looks like a mansion!! Congrats :)

Steeveedee 05-07-2023 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9202248)
What brand is that?? :lol::lol:

Sounds like a nice rig. Lot's of good camping places in Lake Isabella and Kernville. ;)

Coleman. Ford chassis

best view 05-07-2023 04:48 PM

That’s what I would say is not having neighbors

Gotenntitans 05-07-2023 09:01 PM

Got out today and washed & waxed Dad’s 2003 Silverado. “Ole Purple” never looked so good! I didn’t think I was ever gonna get to the end of that job…..that’s a lotta purple there!!!!
https://i.ibb.co/qCftWBF/E8-AF184-A-...60480-A0-B.jpg

allchevy58 05-07-2023 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 9202192)
Looks like some legit footings.

They are, more than county requires.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickysnickers (Post 9202263)
House??? Looks like a mansion!! Congrats :)

Just over 3000 sqft, I wanted smaller than we have now, but wife wanted bigger. This has a 30" deep three car garage.
Quote:

Originally Posted by best view (Post 9202354)
That’s what I would say is not having neighbors

We have ten acres and BLM behind us.

We pulled boards today and will start forming for the stem walls.

68bowtie 05-07-2023 11:25 PM

Nice to build your own, and get things like that 30-ft deep garage. 20-ft might be a good standard for economic reasons considering most people just park in there. Personally I’d give up a ton of bedroom and living room space (they often throw in useless space there like a “sitting room”) in exchange for more garage space and storage space if I was to build a custom.

4u2nv 05-08-2023 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotenntitans (Post 9202410)
Got out today and washed & waxed Dad’s 2003 Silverado. “Ole Purple” never looked so good! I didn’t think I was ever gonna get to the end of that job…..that’s a lotta purple there!!!!
https://i.ibb.co/qCftWBF/E8-AF184-A-...60480-A0-B.jpg

Dad has a nice ride there, sure is shinny

Gotenntitans 05-08-2023 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4u2nv (Post 9202469)
Dad has a nice ride there, sure is shinny

Yeah, over $5 in quarters at the car wash to blast the bugs & hardened yellow pine pollen off, then about 4-5 hours of elbow grease to get Ole Purple that clean. I couldn't wax the top of the camper shell and I couldn't get between the cab & camper shell really good, but I got the rest in top notch shape. I noticed some mildew between the cab & camper shell.......I may have to try a wash mit secured somehow to a yard stick. High pressure car wash didn't get it all.

Lost in the 60's 05-09-2023 07:41 AM

Finally feel we MIGHT be done getting snow, so spent all Sunday swapping snow tires off 3 vehicles. My Silverado and sons' MaliBlu have 2 sets of wheels/tires so, basically swap out. BUT the Silverado tires are stored in a loft above a work space at the back of the shop and the son's and DD's are on a rack, high on the wall, so require the use of the forklift. That hasn't been used for several months, so gets buried under "stuff" and took 30 minutes to dig out by itself. The Silverado, also, has to have the TPMS reset for the wheel sensors. The summer tires are load range E with an 80lb max pressure. The timer on the reset in the ECM is 2 minutes. I learned the first time I installed them that inflating to 70 lbs ran the timer out before I got them all deflated enough for the ECM to recognize. Now they get 40lbs for that task. Also found the source of the whine I have been hearing the last couple times I drove it. The infamous front bearing hub on the right side needs replaced. Got 125k out of it, which is more than the previous 2 trucks got on the OEM.
I don't have the summer tires for the CR-V on wheels, so that takes almost 2 hours to remove/break down, remount and balance. I seem to get slower at this task every year. :rolleyes:

allchevy58 05-09-2023 11:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 9202446)
Nice to build your own, and get things like that 30-ft deep garage. 20-ft might be a good standard for economic reasons considering most people just park in there. Personally I’d give up a ton of bedroom and living room space (they often throw in useless space there like a “sitting room”) in exchange for more garage space and storage space if I was to build a custom.

As soon as we get the house enclosed, we'll start our shop, 50' by 100'. We'll divide it 40' and 60'. Shop will be 40' and 60' for the old cars to park in. Right now we have a 40' by 50' shop and a 50' by 50' garage for the cars.

Gotenntitans 05-10-2023 09:31 AM

You got some cool stuff in there. I'm digging the '58. My dad had a copper & cream '56 when he was in high school and his friend had a black '58 Convertible. They kept the girls AND the deer running at night!

I like '58's best of the '55-'58 years. Maybe it's from watching American Graffiti, but I just think it's a prettier car.

GOPAPA 05-10-2023 10:04 AM

Yesterday I moved a short wall over in my shed where we have a stand up freezer ,, getting a new one this comin Sunday and its wider.

As for the nice cars AllChevy 58 has ,,and they are really nice

the 58 reminded me of when I was staying with my SIS in Possum Grape Arkansas and my BIL sent me to Newport Ar to buy and anttena and speaker for the radio the 58 Biscayne he had in it ,,and install them,,, it was a used cop car and not sure what motor was in it ,, but to me it had a lot of horse power ,,and I did get on it a bit going and coming .. this was 1962

GOPAPA 05-10-2023 10:05 AM

Yesterday I moved a short wall over in my shed where we have a stand up freezer ,, getting a new one this comin Sunday and its wider.

the 58 reminded me of when I was staying with my SIS in Possum Grape Arkansas and my BIL sent me to Newport Ar to buy and anttena and speaker for the radio the 58 Biscayne he had in it ,,and install them,,, it was a used cop car and not sure what motor was in it ,, but to me it had a lot of horse power ,,and I did get on it a bit going and coming .. this was 1962

tutone 05-11-2023 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Put the Log Hogger to work. Skids a 12' -25" red oak without any trouble.

72c20customcamper 05-11-2023 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutone (Post 9203310)
Put the Log Hogger to work. Skids a 12' -25" red oak without any trouble.

Looks like it works well . I just use the backhoe on mine

tutone 05-11-2023 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9203341)
Looks like it works well . I just use the backhoe on mine

There are many times a backhoe would be handy. But I just don't have one.

allchevy58 05-12-2023 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotenntitans (Post 9202978)
You got some cool stuff in there. I'm digging the '58. My dad had a copper & cream '56 when he was in high school and his friend had a black '58 Convertible. They kept the girls AND the deer running at night!

I like '58's best of the '55-'58 years. Maybe it's from watching American Graffiti, but I just think it's a prettier car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 9202992)

Thanks. My grandma bought the 58' brand new and always said it would be mine. When she passed in 1980, I drove the car from southern California with 51,000 miles.