The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Photos ‘You took’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794025)

Stocker 06-22-2023 10:38 PM

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:

Originally Posted by best view (Post 9214389)
Bet that paint dried quickly

As long as it's just paint and not graboids, it's all good.

weq92f 06-23-2023 02:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)

This isn't supposed to happen...

-klb

yuccales 06-23-2023 10:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Up in Reno today. Stopped at a little diner called Beefy's. Fantastic, real big burgers! Lots of fries with the order. Darn good! All I could do to finish mine off. ;)

68bowtie 06-23-2023 10:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Old stuff

Attachment 2275501

Attachment 2275502

special-K 06-24-2023 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weq92f (Post 9214531)

This isn't supposed to happen...

-klb

Cute couple
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9214651)
Up in Reno today. Stopped at a little diner called Beefy's. Fantastic, real big burgers! Lots of fries with the order. Darn good! All I could do to finish mine of. ;)

They got the name right. Truth in advertising. eating out is expensive. It's not so bad when they give you plenty for your money. The skimpy places? Good luck with your plan for profit. You got my last dollar.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 9214652)
Old stuff

Old Iron! Is that a park or steam engine association grounds type of thing? I love that kind of stuff

FleetsidePaul 06-24-2023 01:21 PM

My wife went through KFC and picked up some fried chicken when she went down to Bakersfield. She ordered a large Pepsi and they gave her this colostomy bag looking thing. She said no, I want a large Pepsi with ice in a cup. I've never seen such a thing.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...medium/KFC.jpg

68bowtie 06-24-2023 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9214667)
Old Iron! Is that a park or steam engine association grounds type of thing? I love that kind of stuff

Some kind of museum we happened to walk by on a mission for fishin. Here are some photos of photos that go along with those old thingies.

Attachment 2275560

68bowtie 06-24-2023 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2275561

68bowtie 06-24-2023 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One pic at a time apparently…

Attachment 2275562

yuccales 06-24-2023 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9214733)
My wife went through KFC and picked up some fried chicken when she went down to Bakersfield. She ordered a large Pepsi and they gave her this colostomy bag looking thing. She said no, I want a large Pepsi with ice in a cup. I've never seen such a thing.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...medium/KFC.jpg

What the heck is that? Their version of a bota bag? :lol:

Boog 06-24-2023 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9214747)
What the heck is that? Their version of a bota bag? :lol:

Well that is just silly. KFC would save money by just selling pepsi in a bottle..

special-K 06-25-2023 08:35 AM

Pepsi in a bottle is very expensive compared to the bulk price they pay for syrup and CO2. The soda companies about give product away to have their name on KFC's drinks and to produce at higher volume. That's why free refills became a thing, move product not generosity.

But what king of an excuse for a container is that? Do instructions for use come with it? How is this a good thing in anybody's eyes? I want to see the KFC CEO drink out of that thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQOq3...Ygc29kYQ%3D%3D

FleetsidePaul 06-25-2023 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9214872)
Pepsi in a bottle is very expensive compared to the bulk price they pay for syrup and CO2. The soda companies about give product away to have their name on KFC's drinks and to produce at higher volume. That's why free refills became a thing, move product not generosity.

But what king of an excuse for a container is that? Do instructions for use come with it? How is this a good thing in anybody's eyes? I want to see the KFC CEO drink out of that thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQOq3...Ygc29kYQ%3D%3D

4 posts? Your computer hates you Tim. :lol:

I think that I could recycle it and use it on long road trips as a pee bag if I didn't want to stop. Like when I have to drive to LA to argue with my brother. I could give him the bag and tell him that I got him some lemonade from KFC. :lol: :D

That's a funny video. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one scratching my head on this one.

As far as the price of syrup vs bottled. You are exactly right. Restaurants make more money on drinks than food. That's why there's a dollar menu at fast food joints, because you need an overpriced drink to wash it down. That's where the money is.

But I wonder how much that packaging cost? Pepsi owns KFC. But I read that KFC will now start selling Coke? What's up with that? Maybe the bag is just a ploy to make the Coke taste bad. The guy on the video said that the soda was flat. Why else would you distribute your main competitors brand in your restaurants?

I haven't opened my bag yet but I'll bet that it's flatter than my junior high girlfriend

But if you need a bag of coke cheap. KFC is the place.

weq92f 06-25-2023 01:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Took the girls to B&N, they love browsing through the kids books. As we were leaving, we went past the magazine rack and there was this...

Next time I'll pick one of these up and leaf through it.

-klb

special-K 06-26-2023 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9214931)
4 posts? Your computer hates you Tim. :lol:

I think that I could recycle it and use it on long road trips as a pee bag if I didn't want to stop. Like when I have to drive to LA to argue with my brother. I could give him the bag and tell him that I got him some lemonade from KFC. :lol: :D

That's a funny video. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one scratching my head on this one.

The duplicate posts are a glitch with this site, not my computer. I never saw a double double post. I edited to add that video. Looks like the edit doubled AND added to the original post rather than replace it. Weird. I forgot to check back for double post. I can tell because it takes a couple minutes to post. This time I opened another tab to carry on, then forgot to check for duplicates when I came back.

I knew that Coke/Pepsi was going to be flat. Then when he opened it, obviously flat. I think it's a way to give more drink for carry-out. You dine in and get all the drink you want. You get carry-out for the same price but just one cupful. I'd rather get one good cup than a whole lot of something I won't drink

FleetsidePaul 06-26-2023 01:38 PM

I've gotten double posts when I know darned well that I only hit the button once. I was just yanking your chain.

I agree that I'd rather have a fizzy icy cold drink that is refreshing than a warm bag of flat goo. I don't know who thought that was a good idea.

I don't drink coffee. I have a little bottle of Pepsi in the morning. I down it until it stings the back of my throat. That'll wake you up! If it didn't have that fizz it just wouldn't work.

FleetsidePaul 06-26-2023 01:38 PM

I've gotten double posts when I know darned well that I only hit the button once. I was just yanking your chain.

I agree that I'd rather have a fizzy icy cold drink that is refreshing than a warm bag of flat goo. I don't know who thought that was a good idea.

I don't drink coffee. I have a little bottle of Pepsi in the morning. I down it until it stings the back of my throat. That'll wake you up! If it didn't have that fizz it just wouldn't work.

Boog 06-26-2023 05:27 PM

Ok Paul. Now how'd you do that? A double post and at the exact same time, 12:38, about double posting? :lol:

dieseldawg142 06-27-2023 11:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
passed this for sale rig yesterday...looks like that poor dually is staggering under the weight of that "camper"
Attachment 2276006Attachment 2276007

special-K 06-27-2023 09:00 PM

They should at least put the stands down to ease the pain while parked. That thing must be 20' fore to aft

72c20customcamper 06-28-2023 12:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wonder how old these are ? Found them in the attic of my home when I bought it it in 1991 . Schaefer beer Brooklyn NY .

72c20customcamper 06-28-2023 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Have had this about as long as the coasters .

special-K 06-28-2023 07:31 PM

I never knew Schaefer was brewed in Brooklyn.

72c20customcamper 06-28-2023 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9215848)
I never knew Schaefer was brewed in Brooklyn.

I think I have a couple of cans that were brewed in Brooklyn

From Wikipedia

“Schaefer Beer is a brand of American beer first produced in New York City during 1842 by the F. & M. Schaefer Brewing Company.[1] The company relocated to Brooklyn in the early 20th century. It went public in 1968 with a $106 million stock offering”

dieseldawg142 06-29-2023 12:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9215745)
Wonder how old these are ? Found them in the attic of my home when I bought it it in 1991 . Schaefer beer Brooklyn NY .

i got an un-opened bottle of beer from '91.
did a roof for a guy in '92 and he brought us out a cooler of beer. every bottle in the cooler had 1991 felt marked on it. we're like is this beer a yr old?
he's like yup, buys his beer and lets it "age" for a year.....OOOO-K then.
first and last time i ever drank that brand. a couple of them ended up in my truck so i just threw them in my shop fridge.
i did have 2 bottles, but when we got drinking i would dare my buddies to drink 'em, and sure enough after a couple bottles of Wiser's, bud drank one.
i won't describe how he said it tasted, but he didn't touch the second one.
still sitting in my shop fridge going on 30+ yrs
Attachment 2276216

weird, the cap is all rusty except for the polar bear and stripe
Attachment 2276217