The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Tootsie build for my mother with cancer (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=516741)

superflysteiny 09-24-2014 02:53 PM

Re: Tootsie build for my mother with cancer

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTI (Post 6854201)
I look forward to seeing this one in person.

We are leaving on Tuesday night and headed that way

widewhite70 09-24-2014 09:04 PM

Looking as good as ever! Are you taking it to Goodguys Texas to take home the Truck of the Year Late Finalist?

Blown06 09-24-2014 10:45 PM

I've spent the better part of three nights reading this thread, I'm speechless. Seen many pics of it on the net and briefly looked at this thread before the cab went on. Just perfect in every way, congrats on it and it's a hell of a way to honor your mom.

Now I'm gonna go throw gas on mine and burn it, it will never measure up. lol somebody bring the marshmallows!

supercheyenne 10-05-2014 10:25 PM

1st) Sorry I missed you on Saturday Eric, we were there when Goodguys were paging you to return to Tootsie but you must not have heard them. Thank you for bringing it to Texas and sharing her with some non west coasters.

2nd) WOW! This truck looks awesome in pictures. It looks PERFECT in real life. Amazing truck and you deserve all the accolades that come your way.

superflysteiny 10-06-2014 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blown06 (Post 6855721)
I've spent the better part of three nights reading this thread, I'm speechless. Seen many pics of it on the net and briefly looked at this thread before the cab went on. Just perfect in every way, congrats on it and it's a hell of a way to honor your mom.

Now I'm gonna go throw gas on mine and burn it, it will never measure up. lol somebody bring the marshmallows!

We can have a marshmallows but not while burning your truck. No need to measure up. I would never build another truck like this. Show trucks are over rated. I would rather have my old poos 72 over this truck. Don't get me wrong I am proud and love my truck but is nerve racking owning the truck. I am proud of the truck just would not do it again

superflysteiny 10-06-2014 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercheyenne (Post 6868616)
1st) Sorry I missed you on Saturday Eric, we were there when Goodguys were paging you to return to Tootsie but you must not have heard them. Thank you for bringing it to Texas and sharing her with some non west coasters.

2nd) WOW! This truck looks awesome in pictures. It looks PERFECT in real life. Amazing truck and you deserve all the accolades that come your way.

Thank you so much. I am sorry I missed you to. I joke you enjoyed the show. ;)

Hart_Rod 10-06-2014 08:44 AM

So are you bringing it down to Cruising the Coast? You are so close....just saying....:D

supercheyenne 10-06-2014 12:06 PM

Not a surprise but Congratulations!

Quote:

-Sacramento, California’s Eric Steinbrecher drove off with the Truck of the Year-Late finalist award! The overall winner will be announced Saturday, November 15th at Goodguys’ 17th Southwest Nationals in Scottsdale, AZ
https://www.good-guys.com/?p=8595&op...ss&Itemid=1228

rodstored-72 10-06-2014 05:30 PM

RELATED TO THE ABOVE AWARD WINNING.... ARE YOU GOING TO BRING IT HERE TO THE SOUTHWEST NATS IN NOV THEN?? IF SO THEN I WILL MAKE SURE I BRING MY TRUCK & MAKE YOUR TRUCK A DEFINATIVE STOP!!!:metal:

AGAIN THANKS FOR INCLUDING US IN THIS PROJECT FOR YOUR FAMILY... I THINK WE ALL CAN SAY THAT WE ARE A PART OF YOUR EXTENDED FAMILY TOO;)

TAKE CARE!!... & STILL IN OUR THOUGHTS!!!;)

Winmon 10-06-2014 07:47 PM

Big congrats Eric on the TOTY finalist pick! It will be real tough to beat next month..

https://www.good-guys.com/#

superflysteiny 10-08-2014 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercheyenne (Post 6869136)
Not a surprise but Congratulations!

Thank you

https://www.good-guys.com/?p=8595&op...ss&Itemid=1228

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodstored-72 (Post 6869489)
RELATED TO THE ABOVE AWARD WINNING.... ARE YOU GOING TO BRING IT HERE TO THE SOUTHWEST NATS IN NOV THEN?? IF SO THEN I WILL MAKE SURE I BRING MY TRUCK & MAKE YOUR TRUCK A DEFINATIVE STOP!!!:metal:

AGAIN THANKS FOR INCLUDING US IN THIS PROJECT FOR YOUR FAMILY... I THINK WE ALL CAN SAY THAT WE ARE A PART OF YOUR EXTENDED FAMILY TOO;)

TAKE CARE!!... & STILL IN OUR THOUGHTS!!!;)

Thank you and I do considered all of you guys my extended family. I was telling my wife today that truck guys are the best.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Winmon (Post 6869641)
Big congrats Eric on the TOTY finalist pick! It will be real tough to beat next month..
I hope you are right. But if I don't win I feel like a winner. Thank you
https://www.good-guys.com/#

C10Greg 11-05-2014 05:19 PM

Just saw a picture of your truck at SEMA. Looks great! Are you set up in the Marquez Booth?

mooseknuckles 11-05-2014 06:40 PM

saw a few pics as well...tootsie's lookin' effin' awesome!

hotrod1 11-06-2014 12:54 AM

Was at Sema and saw a lot of people taking pictures of it. Looking good.

K20chevy 11-06-2014 02:38 AM

Looks great! Congratulations!!!

Notso 11-06-2014 03:24 AM

Truck looks great. I've been seeing it in a lot of SEMA shots. Great job!

72 Chev C10 11-09-2014 02:44 AM

Hi Eric. I wanted to thank you for taking the time at Sema to talk with me. The truck is amazing and even better in person than in the pictures. I have been following your build and am amazed at the quality you have attained.

I understand your comment about not building another as I can only imagine having to look after something of that level of finish.

If you ever make it to Vancouver, be sure to let me know.

Kevin

superflysteiny 11-11-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C10Greg (Post 6904984)
Just saw a picture of your truck at SEMA. Looks great! Are you set up in the Marquez Booth?

yes we were in there booth
Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseknuckles (Post 6905063)
saw a few pics as well...tootsie's lookin' effin' awesome!

Thank you
Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrod1 (Post 6905602)
Was at Sema and saw a lot of people taking pictures of it. Looking good.

Thank you
Quote:

Originally Posted by K20chevy (Post 6905655)
Looks great! Congratulations!!!

Thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by Notso (Post 6905668)
Truck looks great. I've been seeing it in a lot of SEMA shots. Great job!

Thank you very excited
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 Chev C10 (Post 6908981)
Hi Eric. I wanted to thank you for taking the time at Sema to talk with me. The truck is amazing and even better in person than in the pictures. I have been following your build and am amazed at the quality you have attained.

I understand your comment about not building another as I can only imagine having to look after something of that level of finish.

If you ever make it to Vancouver, be sure to let me know.

Kevin

Good talking to you to if you ever need anything please let me know

Precision Parts 11-13-2014 11:49 AM

Hi Eric,

Sorry we didn't get a chance to connect. Tootsie was looking good!

Derek

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../Sema14-52.jpg

Low Elco 11-14-2014 01:04 PM

Good Luck this weekend!

Rod Run 11-15-2014 11:05 AM

Goodguys has a picture of Tootsie on their Facebook page, showing the finalists for LMC's truck of the year, to be announced at 1PM

superflysteiny 11-17-2014 12:50 PM

Thank you guys we had a great time at sema and Scottsdale. We did not win truck of the year but we had a blast. Hanging out with great people. I will try to get more pics of the truck up on the thread. Please check out my new build thread I will be starting on my new truck in the next few days.

superflysteiny 11-17-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precision Parts (Post 6916564)
Hi Eric,

Sorry we didn't get a chance to connect. Tootsie was looking good!

Derek

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../Sema14-52.jpg

Sorry I missed you buddy .

oldman3 11-17-2014 04:11 PM

Eric, will you post up a link to the new build on here?...Jim

superflysteiny 11-18-2014 12:26 PM

I will post it soon