The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

joedoh 06-01-2023 10:24 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

1 Attachment(s)
replaced the foam on the radiator of my mower. it overheated (not really, it triggered a high temp switch that shut the pto deck off) and i learned that the radiator probably had grass in it. i was blowing it out every mow and noticed the scraps of old foam.

john deere sold replacement foams for I-am-not-kidding $643. i ordered some adhesive foam for $18 on amazon. works great!

you can see the grass pulled against the mesh by the vacuum of the radiator fan, previously it was sneaking around the edges of the foam directly to the radiator.

Getter-Done 06-01-2023 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedoh (Post 9208744)
replaced the foam on the radiator of my mower. it overheated (not really, it triggered a high temp switch that shut the pto deck off) and i learned that the radiator probably had grass in it. i was blowing it out every mow and noticed the scraps of old foam.

john deere sold replacement foams for I-am-not-kidding $643. i ordered some adhesive foam for $18 on amazon. works great!

you can see the grass pulled against the mesh by the vacuum of the radiator fan, previously it was sneaking around the edges of the foam directly to the radiator.

They are Proud of the Green.:lol:

I have created a Good Habit.

I flip the Hood and use a blower on the deck and the engine compartment after I finish mowing.

Boog 06-02-2023 12:07 AM

House painting. Since I completely re-sided the shop and got it all painted, I just had to paint the house too. So here I am.

3757chevy 06-02-2023 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9208673)
You got in mind building another 67-72 stepper? ;)

I almost have enough parts now.:lol:

FleetsidePaul 06-02-2023 12:46 AM

I spent some money today. It only took me 2 years to finally get a good deal. ( actually my wife did it) She's picking it up on Saturday. 1,900 miles on it. It's old. :smoke:

I kinda like Corvettes. :rolleyes:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/data/500/C81.jpg

Sheepdip 06-02-2023 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9208779)
I spent some money today. It only took me 2 years to finally get a good deal. ( actually my wife did it) She's picking it up on Saturday. 1,900 miles on it. It's old. :smoke:

I kinda like Corvettes. :rolleyes:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/data/500/C81.jpg

She's a Beauty!

FleetsidePaul 06-02-2023 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdip (Post 9208812)
She's a Beauty!

Thanks. I can't wait to get her home.

joedoh 06-02-2023 05:28 PM

nice find!

i like the mid engine corvettes, more so now that the z06 has a flat plane crank. but i wish they didnt stagger the wheel diameters. always reminds me of a steamroller with a smaller wheel up front.

FleetsidePaul 06-02-2023 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedoh (Post 9208937)
nice find!

i like the mid engine corvettes, more so now that the z06 has a flat plane crank. but i wish they didnt stagger the wheel diameters. always reminds me of a steamroller with a smaller wheel up front.

Thanks. I found it at a Buick dealership in Bakersfield of all places. Go figure. :lol:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/data/500/C8--2.jpg

Boog 06-02-2023 06:42 PM

So the real question is: how much beer can it haul? ;)

Stocker 06-02-2023 06:46 PM

Nice, Paul. Really nice. Question is, will your wife ever let you drive it? :devil:
I live way out in the sticks, so I only just saw one of those in person last week, in the supermarket parking lot.
I have seen a lot of magazine pictures, but pics absolutely don't do it justice. The car itself was very impressive, with an amazing presence about it that reminded me of a true exotic. I love that Chevy created it.

Of course, I don't get out much. But I'm not easily impressed, and that C8 impressed me.

FleetsidePaul 06-02-2023 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9208950)
So the real question is: how much beer can it haul? ;)

We'll see. It's got two trunks. Where there is a will there is a way. :)

FleetsidePaul 06-02-2023 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 9208952)
Nice, Paul. Really nice. Question is, will your wife ever let you drive it? :devil:
I live way out in the sticks, so I only just saw one of those in person last week, in the supermarket parking lot.
I have seen a lot of magazine pictures, but pics absolutely don't do it justice. The car itself was very impressive, with an amazing presence about it that reminded me of a true exotic. I love that Chevy created it.

Of course, I don't get out much. But I'm not easily impressed, and that C8 impressed me.

I doubt that I'll ever see the keys. But I'll get my Gladiator back. Maybe... :o

I live in the sticks too. I've only seen two around here, not often. It might have just been tourists. I saw a McLaren at the gas station once. They are a rare sight around here but it happens. I'm really looking forward to getting this car. Tomorrow is the day. :)

72c20customcamper 06-03-2023 01:59 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Went from high 80s- low 90s all week to low 60s today cloudy and misty perfact weather for firewood . Pile I picked up this morning with the dump trailer state was cutting in the main rd . There’s a lot more but I’m running out of room need to process more then I can go back for it next week.

FleetsidePaul 06-03-2023 03:09 PM

She's home. Resting comfortably under a 100 year old oak tree next to her older sister.

Taking my wife out tonight. But I need to stop at the gas station first. The car was on dead empty when they delivered it. :mad:

And I have to figure out how to start the dang thing. :confused:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ter_Vettes.jpg

Getter-Done 06-03-2023 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9209127)
She's home. Resting comfortably under a 100 year old oak tree next to her older sister.

Taking my wife out tonight. But I need to stop at the gas station first. The car was on dead empty when they delivered it. :mad:

And I have to figure out how to start the dang thing. :confused:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ter_Vettes.jpg

That is Nice:metal:

How to start it because of (Out of gas issue) ?
Try disconning the battery and fill it with gas and reconnect the battery.
Or different Key fob system?
Maybe that battery is dead in the key fob.

FleetsidePaul 06-03-2023 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9209144)
That is Nice:metal:

How to start it because of (Out of gas issue) ?
Try disconning the battery and fill it with gas and reconnect the battery.
Or different Key fob system?
Maybe that battery is dead in the key fob.

No. It starts and runs just fine, I just couldn't find the start button because I'm an idiot.

Getter-Done 06-03-2023 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9209148)
No. It starts and runs just fine, I just couldn't find the start button because I'm an idiot.

:haha::haha::haha:

My FIL got a rental at the airport one time.
He had to walk back in and ask,
Where's the key you gave me this thing with no keys on it:lol:

FleetsidePaul 06-04-2023 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9209150)
:haha::haha::haha:

My FIL got a rental at the airport one time.
He had to walk back in and ask,
Where's the key you gave me this thing with no keys on it:lol:

:lol: Yeah it took me a while to figure that I had to push on the brake pedal or depress the clutch on some of these newer cars to get them to do anything. I got stuck in a McDonalds drive thru once because I couldn't get the dang rental car to go back in gear and all I had to do was step on the brake pedal.

But this time was different because GM only put a giant button with the word "Start' written on it right in front of my face. Who knew? :confused: :rolleyes:

Boog 06-04-2023 05:26 AM

You've got a thing for twos haven't you? 2 porsches, 2 jeeps, 2 vettes, etc. Only one hearse and one packard, so far. ;)

special-K 06-04-2023 07:35 AM

Two Baja Bugs, and the hearse counts as the second Cadillac. What??? No Chevy Trucks in your signature?

yuccales 06-04-2023 11:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Went to a local plane/car show raising money for young aviator scholarships. Great pancake breakfast. Took a flight in this Husky. Fun time!

FleetsidePaul 06-04-2023 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9209317)
What??? No Chevy Trucks in your signature?

They're there. Right on top in bold letters. Hey Tim, where's the start button on the Vette? :lol:

I do have some double vehicles but my Corvette's and Chevy trucks are triples.
I never sell anything so they kind of pile up. Kind of like my ex wives although I'd be glad to see them go down the road but I can't seem to get rid of them either. :lol:

special-K 06-05-2023 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9209414)
They're there. Right on top in bold letters. Hey Tim, where's the start button on the Vette? :lol:

Oh there they are. Up top in bold print, huh? No wonder I missed them.

Start button on the Vette? I just figured out cars from the '90s and newer require the brake pedal to be depressed to put in gear! And the dang car locks you in once you get going!!

72c20customcamper 06-05-2023 08:39 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I’m a sucker for anything 50 to75%off retail . I bought a new Coleman 13x13 pop up canopy real heavy duty with straight legs . Normal price online about $199 paid $69 . Only thing wrong with it the label and the bag had some scuffs .

I also bought a Core 10 person lighted 4season tent . Cheapest I found on it was at Amazon for 369 . Paid $100 for it going to set it up when the kids and grandkids come up . Brand new the canvas carrying bag was ripped