The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

mr.mud1 06-05-2023 11:18 AM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

5 Attachment(s)
a week ago this past weekend,we took off in the Mustang for almost a week in Grand Falls,Newfoundland so we could help my wife's folk with some chores,getting an old motorhome ready to sell,a shed to clean out and so on.i had to come home to get a rest??it's all good.we were back Saturday and expecting our friends from Ohio to arrive Sunday but the airline cancelled their flight?they are due here later today,hope to see them today.in order to get to the ferry,we have to travel from the house,about 5 hours to catch the ferry to Newfoundland,then about an 8 hour trip if you do it at night,we did and get a berth to sleep,then another 5 hours to the in-laws.we didn't do much but work but one afternoon we did take off and head north to a little fishing village to see some icebergs floating by.pretty cool.

Stocker 06-05-2023 03:13 PM

Today I took a seldom-used section of trail on my morning walk, and in the process, discovered where this year's ticks are hanging out.

First ones of the year and I found a baker's dozen. Twelve on my pantlegs and a bonus tick on the back of my right hand.

Compared to most of you guys, I lead a boring existence. :rolleyes:

special-K 06-05-2023 08:12 PM

You must have been the first mammal to come along after they hatched.

Steeveedee 06-05-2023 08:34 PM

I Vant your Blud! :lol: Seriously, sorry about your infestation! One of the Boy Scouts in a troop I was active in back in the '90s got lime disease from a tick. Nobody else in the entire group (including my two sons and me) got it. Interesting fact- the western fence lizard has an enzyme it its blood that neutralizes the disease. We get a lot less lime disease out here as a result.

Stocker 06-05-2023 10:23 PM

Not a problem. None were dug in, and there were only a few. Several years ago I walked about a mile of back-country phone line and removed more than 70 ticks, the worst I have ever seen it. Found one digging in to a place where you really don't want one to be. The joke was on him though..... the little guy might have starved!

Steven, I never knew that about fence lizards. Never too old to learn, I guess.

special-K 06-06-2023 06:14 AM

I got infected by a deer tick. I usually feel a tick crawling and catch it. I didn't feel this teeny tick and it bit in on my shoulder blade of all places. I'm lucky I felt it while in the shower. It was in the hard to reach area. It wasn't swelled up yet. Kept an eye on it, which was hard to do, and sure enough it showed the mark of lyme disease. I got some heavy duty antibiotics that wiped it out

Boog 06-06-2023 06:27 AM

My BIL once caught the lime disease. He was in the woods a lot deer and turkey hunting, etc. Doctors had a tough time figuring out just what was wrong with him. Tick had long been removed. Fact is he is a heart patient and they really thought he was dying of heart failure. Took him a very long time to recover from it.

special-K 06-06-2023 06:33 AM

When it first came about doctors had no clue. some caused more harm than good. My ex-wife, who is a nurse, got a bullseye on her leg and doctors at work poo-poo'd it saying probably just a spider bite. I said, "Spider bite!!?? That can be very bad. There are spider bites that rot your flesh". I was more concerned than the doctors. It got worse, she got symptoms, doctors started figuring out this is serious, and she was put on a pic-line for months on antibiotics. I'm not sure that got it all. I think she still has some issues

Micmac 06-06-2023 05:26 PM

I have had Lyme disease. It is no joke. My wife bought me some leggings to wear as I am always out in the woods. I have no stock in this company but they make tick repellant products right here in Maine. I got the gaiters they work
https://www.dognotgone.com

Getter-Done 06-06-2023 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micmac (Post 9210233)
I have had Lyme disease. It is no joke. My wife bought me some leggings to wear as I am always out in the woods. I have no stock in this company but they make tick repellant products right here in Maine. I got the gaiters they work
https://www.dognotgone.com

Thanks for sharing this.

I am a Gadget guru for sure.;)

So these Socks are of interest to me.

1st Question I have is ???

When/If you wash them ??

Are these a One time use.
And then spray with bug repellent after that?

I am interested for sure:chevy::chevy::chevy:

Gotenntitans 06-07-2023 01:59 AM

Caught a few white perch. Made a great supper!
https://i.ibb.co/KFDZ74j/3-BE58-EF9-...9921-A3128.jpg

Getter-Done 06-07-2023 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotenntitans (Post 9210340)
Caught a few white perch. Made a great supper!

That's a big perch:metal:

Gotenntitans 06-07-2023 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9210355)
That's a big perch:metal:

He was a good un. Ended up with 5 like that. Turned the small ones loose. Man, them fried up crappie fillets are fine! Only thing missing was the fresh sliced tomatoes……still about a week or so away. I’m ready!

Getter-Done 06-07-2023 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotenntitans (Post 9210472)
He was a good un. Ended up with 5 like that. Turned the small ones loose. Man, them fried up crappie fillets are fine! Only thing missing was the fresh sliced tomatoes……still about a week or so away. I’m ready!

Yes Sir :metal:

There is nothing like a Big Red Juicy Homegrown Tomato:metal:

4u2nv 06-08-2023 05:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Bought a 1931 ford 5 window coupe the other day and spent half the day with the mothers polish and gave this a good going over , rims are next

LockDoc 06-08-2023 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4u2nv (Post 9210609)
Bought a 1931 ford 5 window coupe the other day and spent half the day with the mothers polish and gave this a good going over , rims are next

Looks like a lot of nooks & crannies to clean to me... :) .... How about a picture of the whole thing.

LockDoc

FleetsidePaul 06-08-2023 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9210679)
Looks like a lot of nooks & crannies to clean to me... :) .... How about a picture of the whole thing.

LockDoc

Yeah. More pic's. I had a 31 too. They are fun.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/.../31_ford_9.jpg

Lost in the 60's 06-08-2023 07:02 PM

Started the day at the chiropractors, got home, mixed up 20 gallons of systemic insect "vitamins" and finished spraying the last of my yard for sod web worms and japanese beetle larvae.
Thought I had enough oil and a filter to change the CR-V and had to go back out to Wally world for those. Got that done and then changed out the right front wheel bearing on the 2011 Silverado. A person would think GM could figure out how to get those bearings to last beyond 125k, since this has been going on for 20 fricken years with these trucks.

4u2nv 06-08-2023 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9210731)

Steel or glass ???

FleetsidePaul 06-09-2023 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4u2nv (Post 9210788)
Steel or glass ???

All Henry steel. It was a nice car. :) I almost bought a glass roadster. But I saw that one and that was it.

4u2nv 06-09-2023 05:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9210731)

In the process of clay bar , polish and ceramic , lot of work and beer

4u2nv 06-09-2023 05:28 AM

$$$$ goes up big time on a all steel

FleetsidePaul 06-09-2023 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4u2nv (Post 9210845)
$$$$ goes up big time on a all steel

Oh yeah. The glass roadster was less. But in the end I wanted something that I could dent up.

And I didn't want to mess up my hair.

That's a nice ride you have there. :metal:

mr.mud1 06-10-2023 11:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
no Model A hot rods for me today.my old car project is waiting for me but mowed grass in my back yard again today,a full time job around here,once it starts.no complaints,all good.i made several laps by an old apple tree full of blossoms,what's not to like about that?

Warrens69GMC 06-11-2023 12:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Vegetation removal