The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Project Vitamin C-10 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=248460)

bossmanivy 11-26-2012 08:25 PM

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Thank you guys so much for the encouragement. I really appreciate it. Thanks Alan for being a part of my build. I will resist the shortcuts.

CRGRS 66 11-27-2012 11:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Alan
Hydro-Craft is a product that comes to mind, if I think of others, I will let you know. You should be able to get this product through a local hydraulic shop. If you go to their site, they may hook you up with a local distributor. The rail pieces come in 6 foot lengths, you cut it down to size and use the appropriate inserts. Just some food for thought. If anything else comes to mind I will post.

aggie91 11-27-2012 11:35 AM

Alan - your hose routing looks great. I am curious about what the floor is going to look like on the passenger side when your done. Is it going to be covered with carpet and some type of sheild under the carpet?

I held off as long as I could on making the next statement...As nice as your truck is, you really need to do something about that rusty hub on the brake rotor...:lol:

As always your truck is top notch.

Alan's Classic 11-27-2012 11:55 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy_man5 (Post 5723602)
Keep up the good work Chris!

You too Alan!!

:thumbs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5724229)
very nice, such clean work:metal:

Thanks man, much appreciated!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bossmanivy (Post 5724519)
Thank you guys so much for the encouragement. I really appreciate it. Thanks Alan for being a part of my build. I will resist the shortcuts.

I think we are all part of each others builds. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 (Post 5725753)
Hey Alan
Hydro-Craft is a product that comes to mind, if I think of others, I will let you know. You should be able to get this product through a local hydraulic shop. If you go to their site, they may hook you up with a local distributor. The rail pieces come in 6 foot lengths, you cut it down to size and use the appropriate inserts. Just some food for thought. If anything else comes to mind I will post.

I might have to take a peak at these. Thanks for the help!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 5725783)
Alan - your hose routing looks great. I am curious about what the floor is going to look like on the passenger side when your done. Is it going to be covered with carpet and some type of sheild under the carpet?

I held off as long as I could on making the next statement...As nice as your truck is, you really need to do something about that rusty hub on the brake rotor...:lol:

As always your truck is top notch.

I wondering the same as far as the lines inside the cab. I think if I build a speaker pod I will build it to cover them up.

I was waiting on someone to comment on the rusty rotor. I did do something about it, I put the wheel back on and installed the center cap. SSSHHHH, don't tell anyone. haha

No hands on today, but Shannon and I went to a local guy that had some bumper fillers. I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I was in awe everytime I turned a corner. The pics below is a taste. The short fleet setting outside is a very solid truck that is for sale. The price of $6500 is too steep for me. But he has a good price for the panel. We are going back in the daylight too look. I want to inspect the panel some more. It seems to be solid, but i want to see how much filler is in it. It's a 6 cylinder.

greg65 11-28-2012 04:06 PM

He wouldn't happen to have a spare passenger swb bedside would he? Nice collection.

sdailey 11-28-2012 05:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by greg65 (Post 5728292)
He wouldn't happen to have a spare passenger swb bedside would he? Nice collection.

Greg,

Alan asked him about one, but he didn't have any. I'm assuming he was asking for you.;)

Couple more pics from last night.

greg65 11-28-2012 05:27 PM

That's cool, i will keep looking. If all else fails a road trip out west may be in order. Thanks for the pictures.

flips72 11-28-2012 06:40 PM

great pics,looks like heaven to me:lol:

Alan's Classic 11-28-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg65 (Post 5728292)

I know Shannon answered your question. I'm keeping an eye out. If I can remember who needed inner fenders. Someone asked me and I can't remeber who.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdailey (Post 5728392)
Greg,

Alan asked him about one, but he didn't have any. I'm assuming he was asking for you.;)

Couple more pics from last night.

Thanks for answering the question and pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg65 (Post 5728433)
That's cool, i will keep looking. If all else fails a road trip out west may be in order. Thanks for the pictures.

Did someone say road trip. :exit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5728532)
great pics,looks like heaven to me:lol:

That is exactly what I texted my wife when i was there.

Alan's Classic 12-02-2012 06:32 PM

Heater system pressurized so far so good. I've got heat. ;)

Palf70Step 12-02-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 5735924)
Heater system pressurized so far so good. I've got heat. ;)

Heat?!?....we live in da south...we don't need no stinkin' heat....we need AC. :lol:

Strodder 12-02-2012 06:53 PM

Kewl, I mean Hot.:lol: Just when you need it. :metal:

Alan's Classic 12-02-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 5735964)
Heat?!?....we live in da south...we don't need no stinkin' heat....we need AC. :lol:

This way I can run down the road with the windows down and 40* outside. AC isn't too far off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 5735965)
Kewl, I mean Hot.:lol: Just when you need it. :metal:

Yes Sir, I do need to run it down the road and double check every thing. It didn't build full summertime pressure idling in the driveway. Anytime the Vintage Air controller is turned on the engine fan kicks on.

Now I need to do some googling to see how much PAG oil goes in a 89 S10 AC compressor. It might be on the side of it.

Found it 8 oz

Also found this AC hose and fitting supplier. Their prices look good, but I have ordered all that I need. ACparts.com

flips72 12-04-2012 09:38 PM

yeah, i am curios as well as to how you like the air system?

Alan's Classic 12-05-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woogeroo (Post 5736002)
woo hoo...

ya like the quality of that Vintage Air system Alan?

-W

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5740232)
yeah, i am curios as well as to how you like the air system?

I can't give it an honest review just yet. I will say this, so far I am very pleased. I have yet to get the AC done. Waiting on one fitting. It should be here tomorrow.

I've got to do a few other things on the punch list this week. I need to move it to the basement to make room in the shop for another truck coming in. It's not mine, but it is a board members truck. I won't say who yet.

McMurphy 12-05-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 5740665)
I can't give it an honest review just yet. I will say this, so far I am very pleased. I have yet to get the AC done. Waiting on one fitting. It should be here tomorrow.

I've got to do a few other things on the punch list this week. I need to move it to the basement to make room in the shop for another truck coming in. It's not mine, but it is a board members truck. I won't say who yet.

Since I am sure everyone is wondering, let me just let you all know, it isnt my truck pulling into Alan's garage....
I know how disappointing this news is to eveyone, so please imagine how low I feel about it too....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that would be a trip !! :metal:

greg65 12-05-2012 05:29 PM

Michael,
you are only 4120 miles (71 hours) away from Ball Ground Ga. Come on down and I'm sure Alan will take care of you. Now that a road trip.

bossmanivy 12-06-2012 08:46 AM

I'm pretty sure its not mine, either! Unless I didn't get the memo. Maybe Alan is starting his own show and even the owner doesn't know he's about to be Alanhauled!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Strodder 12-06-2012 10:53 AM

It's mine. I'm shipping it to Alan to finish because I hit the LOTTERY. Oh wait this isn't April Fools Day.:uhmk: :haha: :haha: :haha:

likaroc13 12-06-2012 12:33 PM

I've said on more than one occasion that I plan to drop mine off with Alan one day, but it's not mine just yet. He's built a great name for himself on this site, & whoever lets him work on their truck will no doubt be in good hands!

Jeff La 12-06-2012 12:45 PM

I wish it were mine, but that's not happening anytime soon. However if any of you get bored and want to donate some of your time and money I'll trailer to you. LOL

Alan's Classic 12-07-2012 12:51 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 5741394)
Since I am sure everyone is wondering, let me just let you all know, it isnt my truck pulling into Alan's garage....
I know how disappointing this news is to eveyone, so please imagine how low I feel about it too....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that would be a trip !! :metal:

You could just go TDY for a while to Georgia or maybe a short tour. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg65 (Post 5741779)
Michael,
you are only 4120 miles (71 hours) away from Ball Ground Ga. Come on down and I'm sure Alan will take care of you. Now that a road trip.

:thumbs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bossmanivy (Post 5742933)
I'm pretty sure its not mine, either! Unless I didn't get the memo. Maybe Alan is starting his own show and even the owner doesn't know he's about to be Alanhauled!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

That's funny right thar!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 5743101)
It's mine. I'm shipping it to Alan to finish because I hit the LOTTERY. Oh wait this isn't April Fools Day.:uhmk: :haha: :haha: :haha:

:haha:

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 5743262)
I've said on more than one occasion that I plan to drop mine off with Alan one day, but it's not mine just yet. He's built a great name for himself on this site, & whoever lets him work on their truck will no doubt be in good hands!

I appreciate the words of support!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff La (Post 5743291)
I wish it were mine, but that's not happening anytime soon. However if any of you get bored and want to donate some of your time and money I'll trailer to you. LOL

If I hit the lottery that might be an option. ;)

While I've got y'all guessing, when it gets here I will post a pic of it and see if anyone recognizes the truck and owner.

Well, tonight I managed to get all the lines crimped and in place. I just have one more nut to tighten. It's the hardest to get too and I need a fresh brain. I had to go with the redneck hose seperator again until I get something nicer.

6772owner 12-07-2012 10:26 AM

Looking good, I love the way you routed everything, very clean.

McMurphy 12-07-2012 01:51 PM

I would have to get stationed at Ft Benning I think in order to be closer to your shop. Even then it looks like an hour ++ drive.

But it would be worth the drive ...... in case that needed to be said !! :smoke:

flips72 12-08-2012 09:50 PM

well.....has it got there yet? the suspense is killing me. oh yeah, ac lines look great by the way....atention to detail is what its all about and you definitly have a gift when it comes to that.