The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What did you do with your truck today, Part 3 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=713560)

Russell Ashley 05-27-2020 06:08 PM

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Very nice job on the arm rests. How did you attach them to the doors?

idbeast 05-27-2020 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell Ashley (Post 8747325)
Very nice job on the arm rests. How did you attach them to the doors?

My door inserts are 1/8" plastic sheets with 1/4" foam then it is backed with 18 gauge stainless with screws going into the armrest then door clips are holding everything to the door which was drill for the push in clips.

idbeast 05-29-2020 08:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Does this count for using your truck to haul things?

bosco 05-29-2020 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbeast (Post 8748146)
Does this count for using your truck to haul things?

Beautiful truck, and yes it does. ;0)

dsraven 05-30-2020 01:28 AM

Sometimes I put stuff in the box too.

Johns327 05-30-2020 09:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Assembled and installed my new third brake light. I printed the mount and installed some red LEDs. It mounts low in the window but seems pretty bright. Trying to not get rear ended.

idbeast 05-31-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsraven (Post 8748662)
Sometimes I put stuff in the box too.

LOL, I had stuff in the back too, that was overflow!

Rusti 05-31-2020 10:58 AM

Hello all
First ride!
It was a lot of fun, with some small problems which will have to be fixed but that’s the reason we do first rides to see what works and what not.
http://www.casa-blistyar.de/Hook/h169.jpg
http://www.casa-blistyar.de/Hook/h170.jpg
http://www.casa-blistyar.de/Hook/h171.jpg
http://www.casa-blistyar.de/Hook/h172.jpg
But the feeling was grate this old piece of iron being back on the road in the sun!
So long
A.

MiraclePieCo 06-03-2020 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusti (Post 8749403)
Hello all
First ride!
It was a lot of fun, with some small problems which will have to be fixed but that’s the reason we do first rides to see what works and what not.
But the feeling was grate this old piece of iron being back on the road in the sun!
So long
A.

Congratulations Arnd. Looks like you have an empty gravel road and a beautiful day for a test run.

evilokc 06-05-2020 08:56 AM

ive still been hammering away at my hood/front fender gaps. they are coming along slowly. I have the hood and driver fender sitting really nice. ive just started on the passenger side. I think I may have a bad rear cab mount.

Tempest67 06-05-2020 09:57 AM

Rusti - congrats on the first ride.

Getting parts in Germany must make the project even more challenging.

Keep up the great work, and enjoy

Fitz57 06-06-2020 05:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got my 57 on 05 Silverado 4X4 frame going down the road. Just got it out of alignment shop. Still a few things left to do, but can drive it now without worries. Pretty happy how it turned out

idbeast 06-06-2020 09:53 AM

Looking very nice! Jim W

Black_Sheep 06-06-2020 12:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Took a nice long cruise and found out how easy it is to get 2nd gear scratch at WOT...

oldman3 06-06-2020 11:29 PM

Mark, with my one wheel wonder it wants to kick out a little, when it hits second...Jim

nvrdone 06-07-2020 06:46 PM

so I really didn't do any thing on the truck today. I did install a flat screen tv in the garage & then my wife & I sat in the truck eating popcorn & watching "Smoky & the Bandit". does that count????

la hi 06-07-2020 08:50 PM

so I really didn't do any thing on the truck today. I did install a flat screen tv in the garage & them my wife & I sat in the truck eating popcorn & watching "Smoky & the Bandit". does that count????

Now that's a good one!!!

la hi 06-07-2020 08:50 PM

so I really didn't do any thing on the truck today. I did install a flat screen tv in the garage & them my wife & I sat in the truck eating popcorn & watching "Smoky & the Bandit". does that count????

Now that's a good one!!!

evilokc 06-07-2020 09:45 PM

worked on my fender gap again. its so freaking hot in the garage. I need a fan badly. I have a very small gap in the front that I cant close. I think its bad sheet metal not an alignment issue. I have the front and rear of both fenders looking good but there is a small gap in the middle that I don't know how to close up. granted its small but I still want to try and close it.

MiraclePieCo 06-07-2020 11:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilokc (Post 8753720)
its so freaking hot in the garage. I need a fan badly.

My truck is staying in the garage! High temps are tunning 20-30 degrees below average here. A friend went hiking yesterday and almost didn't make it out due to a snowstorm.

Here are some pics of the approaching storm, and him trying to beat feet out of the woods before he got snowed in - in JUNE for crying out loud!

evilokc 06-08-2020 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo (Post 8753795)
My truck is staying in the garage! High temps are tunning 20-30 degrees below average here. A friend went hiking yesterday and almost didn't make it out due to a snowstorm.

Here are some pics of the approaching storm, and him trying to beat feet out of the woods before he got snowed in - in JUNE for crying out loud!

it was 97 degrees with full sun and 90% humidity yesterday.

Johns327 06-09-2020 10:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had removed the cross bar between the passenger and driver side seat slides in my ‘55 to make room for the electronics and the sub woofer. So in order to move the seat forward and backward, I had to add a small tab to the passenger side slide. Not a big job, but now I can make a handle to screw on, like on the driver’s side. I don’t really plan on moving the seat (my big behind needs all the room available) and now it’s definitely a two person job, but I felt I needed to add the ability.:sumo:

MARTINSR 06-10-2020 11:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got my motor shipped to my house, can't wait to get it in the truck! It's going to be a while, I have a bunch of work to do first. But damn I can't wait to get it in there!

Brian

MiraclePieCo 06-11-2020 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR (Post 8755540)
I got my motor shipped to my house, can't wait to get it in the truck! It's going to be a while, I have a bunch of work to do first. But damn I can't wait to get it in there!
Brian

I don't understand. Was your motor still in California? If so, why didn't you just bring it with you when you moved?

Russell Ashley 06-11-2020 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz57 (Post 8752720)
Finally got my 57 on 05 Silverado 4X4 frame going down the road. Just got it out of alignment shop. Still a few things left to do, but can drive it now without worries. Pretty happy how it turned out

You should be happy, That's a beauty.