The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   my 65 fleetside build (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=442370)

flips72 04-23-2012 09:56 PM

Re: my 65 fleetside build

5 Attachment(s)
thanks for the picture of the truck, that thing was crazy. well i got my frame home today, sprayed it and started doing some assembly,heres a few pics, hope to button up the frame tommorrow if we dont go fishing

66ChevyMax 04-23-2012 10:15 PM

Looking great. Always good to get the clean frame back.
Posted via Mobile Device

allaboutchevelles 04-24-2012 03:43 PM

Frame is looking very nice. You almost ready to drop the engine in and the cab back on I see. I cant wait to see a video of the motor camming!!!

chad64chevy 04-24-2012 05:00 PM

flips the frame is looking good, and i agree with allabout, i want to see a video of the motor!! keep it up, cause all you got to do now is put it all back together, right!!

Alan's Classic 04-24-2012 11:36 PM

Hope i win TOTM so I don't have to compete against you later!! Looking good. :metal:

flips72 04-25-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66ChevyMax (Post 5332224)
Looking great. Always good to get the clean frame backPosted via Mobile Device

thanks and yes it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by allaboutchevelles (Post 5333525)
Frame is looking very nice. You almost ready to drop the engine in and the cab back on I see. I cant wait to see a video of the motor camming!!!

thanks, its going to be a little while but not as far off as it was. i will have to get some help on the video for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 5333655)
flips the frame is looking good, and i agree with allabout, i want to see a video of the motor!! keep it up, cause all you got to do now is put it all back together, right!!

thanks chad, but there are still lots of stuff to buy. but i am on my way

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 5334458)
Hope i win TOTM so I don't have to compete against you later!! Looking good. :metal:

you are going to win for sure, just voted for you myself and that put you to 66 way above the others, and there is no way my truck could even come close to yours but thanks for the compliment.

flips72 04-27-2012 09:55 PM

5 Attachment(s)
well the frame is back on its shoes, got all my brake lines bent, flared and installed, shocks are on, just waiting on sway bar bushings and still trying to make up my mind about my steering box, mine is new but its not the quick ratio and also thought about going to maybe a 87model so my lines will be o-ring instead of flares so all my hydroboost will be easier to run. i did order my timing cover, springs, retainers and locks for the roller set-up today so maybe i can get the engine set in next week, along with the fuel system, enough gabbing heres a few pics of the frame

CRGRS 66 04-27-2012 10:02 PM

Looks absolutely fantastic! Mere words cannot express...

flips72 04-27-2012 10:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 (Post 5340114)
Looks absolutely fantastic! Mere words cannot express...

thanks craiger hers a few of the front lines

CRGRS 66 04-27-2012 10:28 PM

A damn shame to have to hide all of that lovely workmanship with the cab and sheet metal! Thanks for the great pics.

Alan's Classic 04-27-2012 10:31 PM

Frame looks very nice!! great job!!

likaroc13 04-27-2012 11:32 PM

niiiice!!!

chad64chevy 04-29-2012 02:10 PM

looking good. the 6 lug rim on the side of your house you need to send it to me, lol!! i looking for a set of these kind of rims, i have a lead on a set and some other parts from a guy from work i will post ore in my thread!!

McMurphy 04-29-2012 10:24 PM

Looking very good Flips.
Someday I hope to turn out that level of quality workmanship as well.
You are certainly smoothing along on this!

flips72 05-04-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 (Post 5340177)
A damn shame to have to hide all of that lovely workmanship with the cab and sheet metal! Thanks for the great pics.

thanks and i have been waiting to see some suspension parts being ripped off your truck, have you made up your mind on the drop yet

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 5340183)
Frame looks very nice!! great job!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 5340303)
niiiice!!!

i have tried to get your photobucket to come up but i must be doing something wrong, not been able to see the pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 5342854)
looking good. the 6 lug rim on the side of your house you need to send it to me, lol!! i looking for a set of these kind of rims, i have a lead on a set and some other parts from a guy from work i will post ore in my thread!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 5343812)
Looking very good Flips.
Someday I hope to turn out that level of quality workmanship as well.
You are certainly smoothing along on this!

thanks to everyone for the kind words, and chad come get the wheel and its yours, just bring me something else to hang my water hose on:lol:murph, i think your skills are just as good as mine and i hope that dont hurt your feelings:lol:

CRGRS 66 05-04-2012 09:54 PM

Flips, good to hear from you. My suspension will be intact until the fall. I have waited a long time to get the truck I have wanted for many years, will be enjoying it this summer, and collecting parts leading up to fall.
Craigerr

flips72 05-04-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 (Post 5353657)
Flips, good to hear from you. My suspension will be intact until the fall. I have waited a long time to get the truck I have wanted for many years, will be enjoying it this summer, and collecting parts leading up to fall.
Craigerr

cant blame you for that, sometimes i still wish i would have just drove mine too.

likaroc13 05-04-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5353641)
i have tried to get your photobucket to come up but i must be doing something wrong, not been able to see the pics.

nope, not anything on your part...looks like the links for my S-10 & the '66 were both broken...not sure what happened or how long it's been like that :lol:....thanks for letting me know!...try it again now, & it should work for ya :chevy:

flips72 05-04-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 5353674)
nope, not anything on your part...looks like the links for my S-10 & the '66 were both broken...not sure what happened or how long it's been like that :lol:....thanks for letting me know!...try it again now, & it should work for ya :chevy:

it worked and boy am i ever envious, your truck is very very nice, i would not change nothing on the outside at all,cant blame you one bit for wanting disk brakes though, again very nice:metal:

likaroc13 05-05-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5353702)
it worked and boy am i ever envious, your truck is very very nice, i would not change nothing on the outside at all,cant blame you one bit for wanting disk brakes though, again very nice:metal:

thanks for the compliments :) ....i must admit, it looks a little prettier in pictures & suffers from some of the typical issues of this era...but i'm happy with it as a starter project...only thing i've debated fixing on the outside is the emblems, as well as the back-up lights which were poorly filled in for some reason...but i wanna keep it original-looking...i can't wait to drive it with disc brakes & power steering! gotta have some modern amenities to make it more pleasurable to drive, ya know...overall i just want a decent looking, reliable driver...then later down the road i might fancy it up a bit more

keep up the great work on yours! it's coming together nicely :metal:

flips72 05-07-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 5354009)
thanks for the compliments :) ....i must admit, it looks a little prettier in pictures & suffers from some of the typical issues of this era...but i'm happy with it as a starter project...only thing i've debated fixing on the outside is the emblems, as well as the back-up lights which were poorly filled in for some reason...but i wanna keep it original-looking...i can't wait to drive it with disc brakes & power steering! gotta have some modern amenities to make it more pleasurable to drive, ya know...overall i just want a decent looking, reliable driver...then later down the road i might fancy it up a bit more

keep up the great work on yours! it's coming together nicely :metal:

you better be careful on the fancy part it will snowball, trust me:lol:

flips72 05-07-2012 08:47 PM

4 Attachment(s)
its been kinda slow around here for the last few days, i kinda got the fishing bug so i have have been on the water more than in the garage, but i did get the fuel tank and lines installed, also swapped the cam shes a retro roller motor now cant wait to hear it. started claning it up a little now im waiting on the big brown truck, heres some pics

flips72 05-07-2012 08:50 PM

5 Attachment(s)
heres a few of the motor and the timing cover with the built in cam button that captain fab suggested(thanks capt)

allaboutchevelles 05-07-2012 09:00 PM

Looking real nice flips. I love the look of that motor. I cant wait to hear that cam. I hope you caught some nice fish and we need to see some pics of them. Im the same way I havent been in the shop much either. I just got off the phone with a buddy planning a fishing trip also. Your truck is coming along very nice though.

CRGRS 66 05-07-2012 09:11 PM

Flips, the rolling chassis and the engine look outstanding!