The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   MY build thread... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=332884)

daverod 04-03-2011 11:17 PM

Re: MY build thread...

I like the center thing.;) Do you have your power steering pump on yet? I'm pissed I have 2 pumps and I can't get ether to fit?

shortbed70 04-03-2011 11:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh yea didnt get any pics but I did get the pump and lines on. Heres a poser shot in the truck. Two years to get too here. Man I can almost smell the burnt rubber now...Gotta wear the flat spots off the tires. My brake lines look like crap because they are temporary until I get a good tool to bend with. I really suck at bending lines but I can fab just about anything...HUH!

shortbed70 04-04-2011 08:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 4598620)
I like the center thing.;) Do you have your power steering pump on yet? I'm pissed I have 2 pumps and I can't get ether to fit?

Heres some pics of mine.

shortbed70 04-05-2011 11:00 PM

Well we tried to bleed the brakes and the front bleed great but the back I got NOTHING! I am thinking maybe something is blocking the line but I'm unsure. Any ideas on where to start?Help...
Posted via Mobile Device

Captainfab 04-06-2011 01:20 AM

Start at the master or prop valve, cracking the line connection and check for fluid. Work your way towards the back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbed70 (Post 4603170)
Well we tried to bleed the brakes and the front bleed great but the back I got NOTHING! I am thinking maybe something is blocking the line but I'm unsure. Any ideas on where to start?Help...
Posted via Mobile Device

shortbed70 04-12-2011 11:04 PM

Well after breaking and stripping brake lines left and right I desided to just do the whole rear half also so tomarrow its too the parts store and get new lines. Found my brake problem BTW, The rear soft line had colapsed not letting fluid in or out. I have narrowed it down to 7 things to drive this thing for the first time in two years....
Rear brakes,lines and lights
windshield
WIRE the truck!
mount the shifter
install alt and battery...
rebuild new console
get some guages.
WHATS THAT LIGHT????????

Alan's Classic 04-12-2011 11:30 PM

Man your close. ;) :metal:

shortbed70 04-13-2011 12:18 AM

I'm leaving out alot like put hood, latch and hardware on, door seals, side windows, sound deadening, and all the other stuff but being able to back out of the shop and drive out of the way sure beats pushing it around or just talking about it... Thanks Alan I was wondering if anybody was still watching this thing...
Posted via Mobile Device

daverod 04-13-2011 12:18 AM

You don't really need a windshield.:lol:

shortbed70 04-13-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 4621383)
You don't really need a windshield.:lol:

I've thought about some goggles and open faced helmet!!! It will make a trip through town without one with video to come of that as proof!
Posted via Mobile Device

Captainfab 04-13-2011 01:53 AM

Yeah, windshields are over rated.....just one more thing that needs cleaned :lol:

shortbed70 04-17-2011 07:02 PM

Well got some parts primed up today and tailgate/rollpan is fully welded in. Going to try some all metal filler on the gate area and see how I like it. Pics tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device

chad64chevy 04-19-2011 06:34 PM

man, i just went through your whole build and you've done really great work with it!! if you ever start fabbing a fuel cell let me know! i think i would like one maybe if i got afford it!

shortbed70 04-19-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 4634254)
man, i just went through your whole build and you've done really great work with it!! if you ever start fabbing a fuel cell let me know! i think i would like one maybe if i got afford it!

Thanks. I doubt I will start gabbing cells, there's already a few guys that do them on here but they are custom and pretty nice but you have to pay for them. Too much liability for me messing with fuel... If you need anything made look me up.
Posted via Mobile Device

fryco 04-19-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbed70 (Post 4634604)
Thanks. I doubt I will start gabbing cells, there's already a few guys that do them on here but they are custom and pretty nice but you have to pay for them. Too much liability for me messing with fuel... If you need anything made look me up.
Posted via Mobile Device

sell it as a "race only" product. no product liability or warranty.:lol:

Don't know if it holds water, but it sounds good!

shortbed70 04-19-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fryco (Post 4634657)
sell it as a "race only" product. no product liability or warranty.:lol:

Don't know if it holds water, but it sounds good!

I should huh? Probably wouldn't hold water in court though.
Posted via Mobile Device

shortbed70 04-23-2011 12:59 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well I finally got to do some work on the truck and now I can post the pics. All the extra sheet metal for the front of the truck is ready to paint so maybe sunday have some after shots.Also got my rallies painted just need trim rings and caps.

shortbed70 04-25-2011 12:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Todays work.

baggedout81 04-25-2011 12:47 AM

Thanks for covering up my car bud.

shortbed70 04-27-2011 09:21 PM

Got the grill hung and glove box door installed and decided to modify the center console so it goes up to the dash and down to the floor. I havent decided what I want to do with the center. Carpet or aluminum sheeting on sides and carpet top or just mold and paint it....IDEAS?

chad64chevy 04-27-2011 09:52 PM

i say vinyl or leather in the sides to match seats and sheet metal the center paint to match the dash

shortbed70 04-28-2011 07:58 AM

I think that's the way I'm going to go. Wrap the entire thing then do accent panels on the top.
On a build note I ordered the rear brake hose I needed to finish my brakes to get it mobile today so hopefully when it's time to move it I won't have to push the tank!!! If it runs when I do move it you guys will see a video of it!
Posted via Mobile Device

daverod 04-28-2011 11:54 PM

Cool box. Must be nice to get paid to work on your truck.:lol::lol: How close does your steering column shaft come to hitting your upper arm when its laying low.?

shortbed70 04-29-2011 12:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Got slow at work so I fabbed up a battery tray,something other than stock and when I got home my buddy was ready to try some powdercoating on his car so I said lets do these...The bug has started!!!!

Alan's Classic 04-29-2011 07:13 AM

That's a cool box!!