The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Bubba's recycling project (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=365170)

Rich 5150 69 09-23-2011 10:42 PM

Re: Bubba's recycling project

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba327 (Post 4915165)
Today is the day for the new front window!!

Attachment 804497
Window guy was pretty excited to work on a classic!!

Attachment 804498
Not as much rust as I had expected!!!

Attachment 804500

I am now looking at wipers . I bought new LMC arms and blades last year, Has anybody found any better ideas for wipers ?? They were only marginal at best in a rainstorm.

If you can find the natural rubber refills, even if you can find really long ones with the small inner rib to fit those arms work great, the ones they sell at LMC all come with neopreme..the only problem is with the natural rubber life expectancy of them is about one year. That is what I buy when I can find them.

Alan's Classic 09-24-2011 12:38 AM

I wish I had a suggestion, but I don't have any right now. I tried to buy some last year and they were back ordered or not available for some weird reason. I never followed up.

daverod 10-09-2011 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You need this. Quick before I buy it.:lol::lol:

daverod 10-09-2011 07:10 PM

:lol::lol: To late..:lol::lol::lol:

Alan's Classic 10-09-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 4944309)
:lol::lol: To late..:lol::lol::lol:

Did you buy it?

daverod 10-09-2011 09:00 PM

shhhhhhhhhh. It's all very top secret.:lol::sumo: I really do have a few problems.

daverod 10-15-2011 10:50 PM

Passed on the 5 window. It was a long bed 3/4 ton guy wanted 1200 I offered 800. He said he would do 1000 I said meet ya at 900 he said no and I left. It was a repaint, painted grill ,very little rust. Figured I would put the cash in my truck instead.:smoke: How long does it take to kill a elk anyways?

bubba327 10-16-2011 10:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Awwww Dave I thought that five window was my birthday present... Well I did turn 50 years old last week.

Attachment 815417It is elk season in Idaho so we toughed it out for a couple of weeks and went to the woods to go Elk, Deer and Wolf hunting .. The first thing to be killed was a lime and Coronas while setting up the Flat screen TV and the dish. Note the camo on the Beer bottle . It works better for Him . I just lose my beer if it is camoed

Attachment 815422 We HAD to watch the Boise State Broncos games, And several other games too...
We had several generators and a satellite dish, 5 four wheelers and Enough RVs to be really comfortable and dry.

Attachment 815424 Dave I found fresh mountain maiden tracks in the snow....

No Wolfies showed up, We did see a black/grizzly crossbred bear but we never thought to take a picture , we were just kinda shocked and trying to figure out what it was and then it was gone .
Fish and Game guy said they are out there and really not uncommon , But then F & G have denied that grizzlies are even in this side of the state for years now.

daverod 10-16-2011 11:17 PM

Happy bday!!! The 5 window was a 3/4 ton long bed with a repaint. Pretty good shape but I just was'nt feeling the love. Turned it down over a bill. Kinda glad now I have more $$ for my truck. Did'nt know about the black grizz thing weird.

bubba327 10-17-2011 09:57 PM

Had a great birthday --even if it was the big 50..
I dont feel too old yet .
I just realized that Strodder and I share the same birth date on the 11th!!!
We will have to toast each other next year,
Here's to us!!!:barn:

daverod 10-17-2011 10:03 PM

That's just too weird.;)

Alan's Classic 11-23-2011 10:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I saw this shirt in Gatlinburg TN and thought of you and Dave. :lol:

bubba327 11-23-2011 09:02 PM

A 12 pack??? That sounds like Dave's day trips!!! :barn:
That would last me all season!
Thanks Alan!!

Daughter applied to attend Univ of GA next fall .
It is supposed to be a top shelf program for her major, But It is kinda a long ways from Idaho... hope she stays a little closer to home !
Glad I know people in Georgia who can fix an old truck!!:lol:

Alan's Classic 11-23-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba327 (Post 5027413)
A 12 pack??? That sounds like Dave's day trips!!! :barn:
That would last me all season!
Thanks Alan!!

Daughter applied to attend Univ of GA next fall .
It is supposed to be a top shelf program for her major, But It is kinda a long ways from Idaho... hope she stays a little closer to home !
Glad I know people in Georgia who can fix an old truck!!:lol:

I'll do what I can if needed, just let me know.

bubba327 11-23-2011 09:11 PM

Thanks Alan- She is not having any trouble getting accepted. It is now which University has the better programs and is the most generous with the money!!!!!

likaroc13 11-23-2011 09:15 PM

just curious, what is her major?

bubba327 11-23-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 5027435)
just curious, what is her major?

Her major will be mass communications. I am told it starts with journalism and communications but also includes everything from mass marketing to advertising ,graphic design and photography.
She is trying for the honors program at some other schools. Kansas ,UGA and NC Chapel Hill have the top programs we are told.
Have to see where the money and scholarships are best.
The mail that comes addressed to her every day from places like Stanford, Tulane, Columbia ,Cornell, Princeton and Brown Etc etc is just staggering and only exceeded by the cost to attend!!!
I cannot afford to get her to those schools. It is a good thing she has the high test scores , good looks and leadership skills to get the offers.

It still cracks me up that she is student body president this year and still driving her sweet little '64 truck to high school!!

allaboutchevelles 11-24-2011 01:54 AM

Bubba, chapel hill is only 40 minutes from my house. you could drive your chevelle down and check out mine and my truck, lol

likaroc13 11-24-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba327 (Post 5027615)
Her major will be mass communications. I am told it starts with journalism and communications but also includes everything from mass marketing to advertising ,graphic design and photography.
She is trying for the honors program at some other schools. Kansas ,UGA and NC Chapel Hill have the top programs we are told.
Have to see where the money and scholarships are best.
The mail that comes addressed to her every day from places like Stanford, Tulane, Columbia ,Cornell, Princeton and Brown Etc etc is just staggering and only exceeded by the cost to attend!!!
I cannot afford to get her to those schools. It is a good thing she has the high test scores , good looks and leadership skills to get the offers.

It still cracks me up that she is student body president this year and still driving her sweet little '64 truck to high school!!

that's awesome...sounds like a very intelligent young lady...so cool that she drives the ole truck as well...no doubt she was raised "right" :chevy:

bubba327 11-28-2011 10:34 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The radiator finally rotted out and dumped in the driveway. At least it waited until the girls got home from school!!!
Attachment 834810
I ordered a new three row radiator from NAPA and it fits right in!!
I will post some pictures or the top bracket that needed worked over and the transition hose.

My youngest daughter's new toy- a 94 GMC. She will get her learners permit in January 2012, But I had a chance to buy the 94 from a friend who upgraded and went to a newer dually. He bought this truck new and after 156K it is still running strong. He was good about the service and oil changes and it was never wrecked. I really could not pass it by.
Attachment 834813
Daughter is pretty excited as she is a truck girl too!!! She has always driven my trucks and tractors here on the farm, and now is just jumping up and down with joy!! she spent all afternoon Sunday cleaning and detailing !! we went up to the hills to let her drive for awhile on the back country dirt roads
Attachment 834815 Go BSU Broncos

daverod 11-29-2011 12:03 AM

Who are these Broncos. Is that Denver?

bubba327 11-29-2011 12:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You may be 5 hours away in the eastern side of the state but I think you still get the headlines. Ya we have family in SE Colorado who know all about BOTH Bronco teams
Attachment 834919 this is Hotsauce, one of my older team roping horses.

Alan's Classic 11-29-2011 12:48 AM

Congrats on the 94 and raising girls that love trucks. I can only pray mine like cars ion general especially trucks. At what age did yours start showing an interest?

cokeb 11-29-2011 12:51 AM

Nice truck! But isn't it sittin a little high?

Craig

bubba327 11-29-2011 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 5036630)
Congrats on the 94 and raising girls that love trucks. I can only pray mine like cars ion general especially trucks. At what age did yours start showing an interest?

My wife grew up going to car shows and rod runs. they had a T-bucket and a 28 roadster coupe, followed by a long list of muscle cars.
In high school she drove a 66 Charger until she blew the motor, then she had a 68 RS clone Camaro when we were married
We have followed the same path .. Kinda a family tradition . We always had a well tuned truck built for pulling horse trailers to rodeos or a fast car to cruise in .
Both daughters have been trained to stop and look when ever somebody in a hot car or truck opens up a 4 barrel and makes the pipes roar and the tires burn.. :burnout:
That sound always makes me smile.