The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   My Daughters First Truck (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=484601)

Palf70Step 04-19-2015 01:32 PM

Re: My Daughters First Truck

Very nice!

4dranch 04-19-2015 07:20 PM

Thanks, everyone for the comments

Justin@EntropyRad 04-20-2015 09:52 AM

Your brother can frame some nice shots! The first is a touch over-exposed, but would clean up perfectly with a little darkening!

Love the color of the truck too!

4dranch 04-20-2015 10:43 AM

he took dang near 200 shots.:lol: thanks for the reply.

Dieselwrencher 04-20-2015 04:25 PM

Very nice pics! It's great the truck got done for her to be able to enjoy while still in high school!

4dranch 07-06-2017 06:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Darrah figured out what she wanted for her rims and I think she did great, she saved up and had to buy 5 sets. proud of her, And she's now a junior in college. majoring in biomedical engineering, and working at the same tome.

Palf70Step 07-06-2017 07:56 PM

Very nice choice!!

4dranch 07-06-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 7984936)
Very nice choice!!

Thanks Bill

Dieselwrencher 07-06-2017 09:19 PM

That looks really nice! How is she liking school/college?

likaroc13 07-06-2017 10:07 PM

Good to hear from ya! It's been a while. She made a great choice on the wheels, IMO. Sounds like she's a very bright young lady as well.:chevy:

4dranch 07-06-2017 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 7984997)
That looks really nice! How is she liking school/college?

Thanks DW, She loves School.

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 7985061)
Good to hear from ya! It's been a while. She made a great choice on the wheels, IMO. Sounds like she's a very bright young lady as well.:chevy:

Been busy, glad to be back. she's quite the kid. Thanks

rustbucket66 07-07-2017 10:36 AM

You raised her right. You should be proud. That truck looks so good with the hubcaps and trim rings.

Johns 66 07-07-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4dranch (Post 7984886)
Darrah figured out what she wanted for her rims and I think she did great, she saved up and had to buy 5 sets. proud of her, And she's now a junior in college. majoring in biomedical engineering, and working at the same tome.

David and Darrah.....First to David....I have followed this thread for awhile and today I re-read the entire thread from beginning to end. You are a very good man...not many men today would take the time or have the patience to do what you did to this ole truck but I think you did more for Darrah than you know...She now has lifes lessons learned that are priceless...I do think the title of the thread should have been...My daughters last truck because from the joy I have seen in her eyes I highly doubt that anyone else will ever own this truck. David you did a GREAT job!!!

Ms. Darrah..very impressed that you are getting your degree in biomedical engineering but I am more impressed at the discipline, perseverance and dedication you had to this lil truck. In todays society you do not see many young people who have this drive and willingness to work. There will never be a time when you will not have some memory of things you and your Dad did on this truck...sometimes just sitting in it will flood you with memories.

Chevrolet did a commercial a few years back about an ole truck that was on its last legs and the guy couldn't sell it...just told the man to "Fix It"

A lot of things will come your way in this life, some good, some not so good...just know who Controls all in this life, rest in His Grace, Trust Him and He will direct your paths.

I do not know either of you but am so very proud of you both.....it just does the heart good....

Don't be a stranger here...keep us updated on the travels of the ole truck....Not sure if you are on instagram but I would like to follow you...I feel I know you just from this build...If you do not want to publish you account you can PM me.........till we meet.

John

TJ's Chevy 07-07-2017 08:55 PM

Great to hear from you again! Truck is looking great! You both have done an awesome job. :chevy:

4dranch 07-08-2017 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustbucket66 (Post 7985337)
You raised her right. You should be proud. That truck looks so good with the hubcaps and trim rings.

Thanks yeah a little proud. she's a good kid

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johns 66 (Post 7985404)
David and Darrah.....First to David....I have followed this thread for awhile and today I re-read the entire thread from beginning to end. You are a very good man...not many men today would take the time or have the patience to do what you did to this ole truck but I think you did more for Darrah than you know...She now has lifes lessons learned that are priceless...I do think the title of the thread should have been...My daughters last truck because from the joy I have seen in her eyes I highly doubt that anyone else will ever own this truck. David you did a GREAT job!!!

Ms. Darrah..very impressed that you are getting your degree in biomedical engineering but I am more impressed at the discipline, perseverance and dedication you had to this lil truck. In todays society you do not see many young people who have this drive and willingness to work. There will never be a time when you will not have some memory of things you and your Dad did on this truck...sometimes just sitting in it will flood you with memories.

Chevrolet did a commercial a few years back about an ole truck that was on its last legs and the guy couldn't sell it...just told the man to "Fix It"

A lot of things will come your way in this life, some good, some not so good...just know who Controls all in this life, rest in His Grace, Trust Him and He will direct your paths.

I do not know either of you but am so very proud of you both.....it just does the heart good....

Don't be a stranger here...keep us updated on the travels of the ole truck....Not sure if you are on instagram but I would like to follow you...I feel I know you just from this build...If you do not want to publish you account you can PM me.........till we meet.

John

Thanks John for the kind words. I thank God every day for the blessings he put under my care. Darrah said Thanks also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ's Chevy (Post 7985774)
Great to hear from you again! Truck is looking great! You both have done an awesome job. :chevy:

Thanks TJ

71ray-soncraft 09-30-2017 07:23 PM

one of the coolest threads I have seen. Thank you for sharing that with us.

65chevysub 10-07-2017 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4dranch (Post 4910320)
Really had a great time today Darrah started learning to drive her truck and she did great. I took her to a friends pasture and the fun started. Made dad proud. Took a phone video enjoy.

learning to drive a 3 on the tree - YouTube

David

I love the Three on a Tree Had one in my 65 Chevy II 4 door and it was fun to drive Don't have to worry too much about someone stealing it as the "now" generation wouldn't know how to use one.

LostMy65 10-07-2017 08:57 PM

2 years a 3 months. I almost forgot about this cool thread.
Looks absolutely beautiful!

Ta2Don 10-08-2017 04:53 PM

Looks great, digging' the caps n rings... :metal:

4dranch 11-12-2017 10:40 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This is Darrah. Just sharing some pictures I have that dad doesn't.
One is from my senior prom, one from a veteran's car show, one is of the blanket I got a while back in Mexico for my truck, and one of mine and my dad's truck at the drag strip.

Captainfab 11-13-2017 12:36 AM

Thanks for sharing your pics with us Darrah :)

How did you do on the drag strip?

Grizz1963 11-13-2017 03:40 AM

Great to see the photos Darrah, thank you for sharing.

Please do remember that there are many of us that are addicted to, or at least like random updates and photos, so do continue to post up pics and updates.

Palf70Step 11-13-2017 06:19 AM

Thank you Darrah. As Rian has stated, we are addicted to seeing updates.

likaroc13 11-13-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4dranch (Post 8081102)
This is Darrah. Just sharing some pictures I have that dad doesn't.
One is from my senior prom, one from a veteran's car show, one is of the blanket I got a while back in Mexico for my truck, and one of mine and my dad's truck at the drag strip.

Thanks for sharing. The one from prom will no doubt be a special memory, & the blanket from Mexico looks like a perfect match! Hope you're enjoying the ole truck. :chevy:

4dranch 11-15-2017 12:26 AM

We didn't drag, just drove up there to watch others drag