The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What did you do with your truck today, Part 3 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=713560)

Fitz57 06-11-2020 10:08 PM

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Thanks, It’s a blast To drive. Came out better than I expected. Nice ride with the coil overs, plenty of power with the tune for the L33 5.3. Still got a few things to do like get the front diff to work, etc.

MARTINSR 06-12-2020 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo (Post 8755580)
I don't understand. Was your motor still in California? If so, why didn't you just bring it with you when you moved?

I had left it at my brothers to rebuild.

Brian

vintovka 06-12-2020 10:36 AM

Wow. The "blue flame six" was a legend when i first got my AD in 69!! Almost nice enough for a display in a man cave or museum. Very nice!!!

Russell Ashley 06-12-2020 12:11 PM

That Blue Flame engine looks too good to put in a truck. I'd bring it into my living room so I could look at it all of the time, LOL. If you do put it into your truck please be sure to put dual exhaust with good sounding pipes and dual carbs. Nothing sounds better than a six with pipes. That's what I'd rather have than the 350 I have.

MARTINSR 06-12-2020 11:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell Ashley (Post 8756384)
That Blue Flame engine looks too good to put in a truck. I'd bring it into my living room so I could look at it all of the time, LOL. If you do put it into your truck please be sure to put dual exhaust with good sounding pipes and dual carbs. Nothing sounds better than a six with pipes. That's what I'd rather have than the 350 I have.

It's going to be a Corvette motor. I have Fenton headers for it (the Vette ones were CRAZY expensive.) The theme of the truck is a Corvette Pickup a "Cameo" if you will.

Brian

MARTINSR 06-12-2020 11:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My "five minutes" tonight was used to get these front motor mount pieces straightened out and cleaned up.

Brian

idbeast 06-14-2020 02:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Asking for a friend...

MARTINSR 06-14-2020 10:52 AM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

And the cash, why so much?

Brian

MARTINSR 06-14-2020 11:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I know it's not working on my "truck" but getting my compressor sound suppressing box built will allow me to work on my truck! I worked all day on it yesterday and got a lot done. I just need to insulate it and make the intake and exhaust boxes. Just in that thing it's a lot quieter but I need to fan some air into it so it doesn't cook in there.

Brian

Black_Sheep 06-14-2020 11:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I gave the truck a much needed bath and hit the Coon Rapids cruise night. When I checked my phone later, 3 different friends had texted pictures of the '58 rollin' by...

nvrdone 06-14-2020 01:25 PM

brian - do you know which is your left hand and which is your right????

MARTINSR 06-14-2020 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvrdone (Post 8757516)
brian - do you know which is your left hand and which is your right????

Yeah, pretty much, my left had is the one I jab with, and my left kidney punch. My right hand is the one I pick the strings on my guitar with.

Why do you ask?

Brian

MARTINSR 06-14-2020 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ohhhhhhh, I got you. LOLOL I put those signs up in my garage back when I was a Cub Scout Den leader and would have meetings in the garage teaching them how to change a flat tire on a car and stuff like that. Damn I had a good time doing that. Our Den had the fastest pinewood cars that's for sure!

And I made sure their dad's didn't build the cars for them. We got together and taught those kids about the fundamentals of speed and they made their own cars. Great times for sure!

Brian

dsraven 06-14-2020 05:25 PM

Brian, if you can modify your compressor air intake to be from outside or garage attic it will lessen the noise in the shop.

nvrdone 06-14-2020 06:44 PM

I thought it might be a reminder on how open that door knob.

MARTINSR 06-14-2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsraven (Post 8757610)
Brian, if you can modify your compressor air intake to be from outside or garage attic it will lessen the noise in the shop.

My thing is I don't want it noisy for the neighbor either!

Brian

MARTINSR 06-14-2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvrdone (Post 8757657)
I thought it might be a reminder on how open that door knob.

LOLOL, I am getting there I'll tell you that!

Brian

dsraven 06-14-2020 08:03 PM

Easy fix for compressor noise for the neighbor is just to turn up the music or leave your lawnmower running in a different neighbors yard Haha

vintovka 06-14-2020 08:28 PM

earmuffs when its running

MARTINSR 06-14-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsraven (Post 8757709)
Easy fix for compressor noise for the neighbor is just to turn up the music or leave your lawnmower running in a different neighbors yard Haha

Yeah, my neighborhood is SOOOOO nice without anyone doing stupid crap, I don't want to be "that guy." But I do have one with a barking dog ALL THE TIME. Just what do they think this does? I mean if there was an alarm going all the time that would be the house to break into because no one is going to do anything about it!

Brian

vintovka 06-14-2020 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR (Post 8757733)
Yeah, my neighborhood is SOOOOO nice without anyone doing stupid crap, I don't want to be "that guy." But I do have one with a barking dog ALL THE TIME. Just what do they think this does? I mean if there was an alarm going all the time that would be the house to break into because no one is going to do anything about it!

Brian

Being a good neighbor is very important for peace of mind. Some folks are just back door orifices. We had a renter in a house next door with 4-5 dogs constant barking. Was head cop of our small town and is somewhat intimidating and abuses his position. After 10 hours of barking i Called the COUNTY sheriff (who can't stand him) and the barking not only ended but he moved out.

MARTINSR 06-15-2020 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintovka (Post 8757792)
Being a good neighbor is very important for peace of mind. Some folks are just back door orifices. We had a renter in a house next door with 4-5 dogs constant barking. Was head cop of our small town and is somewhat intimidating and abuses his position. After 10 hours of barking i Called the COUNTY sheriff (who can't stand him) and the barking not only ended but he moved out.

I have such an amazing neighborhood, I want it to stay that way (outside of the barking dog I hear at this very minute.)

Brian

vintovka 06-15-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR (Post 8758065)
I have such an amazing neighborhood, I want it to stay that way (outside of the barking dog I hear at this very minute.)

Brian

I understand dog owner can be cited but it takes multiple complaints. If dog is unlicensed some areas may take the dog and owner gets bill for vet exam, shots and all other expenses. This, on top of the initial citation. Sounds silly but cash strapped areas are getting tough on pet owners who will pay. Dog barking calls now looked at as easy cash for cops.

mick53 06-16-2020 01:38 PM

I try to keep noisy things during regular hours. My Basset hounds bark when needed but since I used to raise them I have populated the neighborhood with them and just say it's the other guys hounds. It more of a group bark anyway.

Janky59 06-21-2020 10:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I installed a new carburetor, a Weber clone from Langdon’s Stovebolt 6. What an improvement! Clearly the last 2 carbs I tried needed rebuilds. It’s been the best $300 I’ve ever spent on it, the drivability is much, much better. Sorry for the sideways image.