The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Project Vitamin C-10 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=248460)

198plus 12-21-2012 04:51 PM

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Time to vote for (Alan's 65) for truck of the year. Come on guys let's help him out

Click the link and show his beautiful truck some love !!!!!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=557205

flips72 12-21-2012 07:14 PM

good luck buddy, you know where my vote went;)

Alan's Classic 12-21-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 198plus (Post 5771105)
Time to vote for (Alan's 65) for truck of the year. Come on guys let's help him out

Click the link and show his beautiful truck some love !!!!!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=557205

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5771313)
good luck buddy, you know where my vote went;)

Thanks guys, hanging in a distant 2nd
Posted via Mobile Device

Strodder 12-21-2012 10:06 PM

I did my part. :metal:

Ta2Don 12-21-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 5771557)

Me Too!!!! Merry CHRISTmas!!!!!!!!:chevy:

Fleet '66 12-22-2012 01:15 PM

Congrats on the nomination for TOTY Alan. I put my vote in for you.
There are a lot of nice trucks in the running but I'm a little bias as well Alan.

Come on folks get your votes in !!

cAlvis165 12-22-2012 01:27 PM

You got my vote too, sir. Beautiful job on your truck. Merry Christmas!

Chad

Alan's Classic 12-22-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 5771557)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 5771604)
Me Too!!!! Merry CHRISTmas!!!!!!!!:chevy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleet '66 (Post 5772379)
Congrats on the nomination for TOTY Alan. I put my vote in for you.
There are a lot of nice trucks in the running but I'm a little bias as well Alan.

Come on folks get your votes in !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cAlvis165 (Post 5772399)
You got my vote too, sir. Beautiful job on your truck. Merry Christmas!

Chad

Thanks Guys!! I wonder if mine was on bags, would change the vote. His is the only competitor that's on the ground. No disrespect at all, just an observation. It as well as the rest are very solid trucks. Just trying to figure out what I'm lacking. ;) If the vote ends like it is now, I will feel honored to be runner up due to the quality of the rest of the trucks. It is a very difficult vote for ya'll, it wasn't too hard for me. :lol:

Merry Christmas!!

pdxhall 12-23-2012 05:20 AM

Merry Christmas Alan. You've got my vote. Not only for a very nice truck but for all the great info you've shared over the years during your build. You've been an inspiration to many.:metal:

Solo2002 12-24-2012 02:37 AM

You got my vote the trucks awesome and your advise is great to have keep working on it cause it just keeps getting better and better every time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bomp 12-24-2012 10:48 PM

:agree:
I've learned tons.
You got my vote.

88Lt1wagon 12-26-2012 11:52 AM

I just read through your whole build, and like so many on here, you've inspired me :) I also voted for you, good luck, and nice work.

Alan's Classic 12-26-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdxhall (Post 5773514)
Merry Christmas Alan. You've got my vote. Not only for a very nice truck but for all the great info you've shared over the years during your build. You've been an inspiration to many.:metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solo2002 (Post 5775078)
You got my vote the trucks awesome and your advise is great to have keep working on it cause it just keeps getting better and better every time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 5776408)
:agree:
I've learned tons.
You got my vote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Lt1wagon (Post 5778343)
I just read through your whole build, and like so many on here, you've inspired me :) I also voted for you, good luck, and nice work.

Thanks guys for the support during the vote and the encouraging words.

Jason, thanks for taking the time to read the novel!! Thanks again for the comments.

I went back and scanned the first 16 pages of the build. I was actually looking for a pic for someone and got lost in the moment. It's amazing to see where I started. I'm so glad that I stuck with it.

likaroc13 12-29-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 5772609)
Thanks Guys!! I wonder if mine was on bags, would change the vote. His is the only competitor that's on the ground. No disrespect at all, just an observation. It as well as the rest are very solid trucks. Just trying to figure out what I'm lacking. ;) If the vote ends like it is now, I will feel honored to be runner up due to the quality of the rest of the trucks. It is a very difficult vote for ya'll, it wasn't too hard for me. :lol:

Merry Christmas!!

Got my vote, Alan. I'm sure there's a little bias towards the ground scraper, as that seems to be the rage these days. I mean no disrespect either, because there are many bagged trucks I like as well. As a follower of yours since I joined, I feel something has to be said for voting for one of the true "good" guys of the forum. While the other guys might be just as great, I just haven't been quite as involved or familiar with their builds. You deserve every bit of attention you get from your truck, & I feel like you'll still be rewarded in time, even if not lucky enough to win now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Strodder 12-29-2012 11:17 AM

I didn't even think about it not being bagged. It's just a really nice truck. I don't think anybody would chose a bagged one over yours for that reason. For the hell of it do a Photo Shop of your truck on bags. :uhmk:

daverod 12-29-2012 12:55 PM

At this point of the game I don't think it even about the truck. You're a great guy Alan and I hope you win. Every part of your truck is done right and you have the close ups to prove it. So when are you bagging it?

Alan's Classic 12-30-2012 12:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 5782991)
Got my vote, Alan. I'm sure there's a little bias towards the ground scraper, as that seems to be the rage these days. I mean no disrespect either, because there are many bagged trucks I like as well. As a follower of yours since I joined, I feel something has to be said for voting for one of the true "good" guys of the forum. While the other guys might be just as great, I just haven't been quite as involved or familiar with their builds. You deserve every bit of attention you get from your truck, & I feel like you'll still be rewarded in time, even if not lucky enough to win now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks man!! The win would have been another feather in the old hat. I seriously thought the burb would win the whole thing. I love it. I like the ground scrapers as well. My wife can't stand them. I would like to bag a truck just to do it. Until I get a succesful business going on, that is out of the question right now. This truck bout broke me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 5783401)
I didn't even think about it not being bagged. It's just a really nice truck. I don't think anybody would chose a bagged one over yours for that reason. For the hell of it do a Photo Shop of your truck on bags. :uhmk:

I might just do that, photo shop that is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 5783565)
At this point of the game I don't think it even about the truck. You're a great guy Alan and I hope you win. Every part of your truck is done right and you have the close ups to prove it. So when are you bagging it?

Thanks Dave!! This won't be bagged by me, unless something drastic happens.

For your entertainment.

Strodder 12-30-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 5784724)
This won't be bagged by me, unless something drastic happens.

Yeah like when you need new ball joint boots. :haha:

Alan's Classic 01-01-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 5785169)
Yeah like when you need new ball joint boots. :haha:

:thumbs:

Happy New Year to all my friends and faithful followers. Stay safe and use a designated driver or a tow truck if your drinking.

God Bless

If your wondering what I'm working on since there is no progress with mine. Check out Gregs65 build

or the 65 Mustang

Alan's Classic 01-02-2013 12:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I saw this rear bumper and really like it. Don't know what it came off of, but it looks familiar. I'm guessing Dodge right now.

Palf70Step 01-02-2013 08:24 AM

That bumper does look good on there. I think you are correct in that it is from a RAM.

Strodder 01-02-2013 11:10 AM

That does look good. I've been thinking of that for a while now. I have a rear bumper off a 90's Chevy truck that I shaved smooth. Just waiting for the time to try it on my step side. Maybe shorten it to fit better? :uhmk:

65Custom 01-04-2013 11:34 AM

yep it does look good I hadn't thought of that for mine now I got another option if I ever can get back on it.

Alan's Classic 01-10-2013 01:32 PM

Wondering what it would look like. Glad I did it the way I did. ;)

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/t...5844F888A6.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Strodder 01-10-2013 01:43 PM

Looks good the way you built it. :metal: If it ain't broke , don't fix it. :lol: