The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What did you do with your truck today, Part 3 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=713560)

MiraclePieCo 06-21-2020 04:35 PM

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

I took my panel truck out for a drive to blow the cobwebs off. Every time I drive it I am SO impressed with how smooth it runs and how well it handles. The Mustang II R&P has zero free-play so the steering feels like a go-kart.

Sorry, no pics. Next time I'll have my wife video from the passenger seat...

bowt1ed 06-21-2020 05:11 PM

For the first time in a long time (maybe a Father's Day miracle) I got to work on my truck this weekend. Started making stainless steel lines for rear Wilwoods. Gotta keep this press on to get the build done! Cheers!

idbeast 06-21-2020 08:34 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I spent the weekend working on front bumper mounts, then trying to decide emblems or not, what do you think?

DransportGarage 06-21-2020 09:14 PM

I vote no emblems. What a clean presentation!

62 Barnfind 06-21-2020 09:19 PM

Vote with! They make the truck look good! I’m putting it back on mine.

62 Barnfind 06-21-2020 09:23 PM

Vote with! They make the truck look good! I’m putting it back on mine.

bowt1ed 06-22-2020 09:53 AM

I personally vote without. Love the classic lines of a TF without them. Cheers, Jim

57tailgater 06-22-2020 11:38 AM

Well you do have some shiny pieces already with the grille, headlight rings and mirrors. Get the bumper on and see if it would be too much. One thing to consider is if you do want them there's no turning back unless you want to fill holes and repaint. To me the truck looks great either way. Do it how YOU would like to!

Zippi 06-22-2020 12:38 PM

I like the emblems on. Your truck is nice and clean but the emblems give you a little more eye candy to look at.

MiraclePieCo 06-22-2020 02:04 PM

Emblems ON. Those things are works of art.

bosco 06-22-2020 05:15 PM

Vote without, like the clean look.

idbeast 06-26-2020 12:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm still undecided about the emblems, but I needed to get my front bumper on and lined up before I decide, by is it fun with this nova subframe... did, I say anything about the major garage cleaning that happened so I can now get in the passenger door!

28TudorAZ 06-26-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbeast (Post 8764028)
I'm still undecided about the emblems, but I needed to get my front bumper on and lined up before I decide, by is it fun with this nova subframe... did, I say anything about the major garage cleaning that happened so I can now get in the passenger door!

Thats a hard decision. Truck looks great without but could equally look at great with. Comes down to what look you are going for. Restomod or more original.

NorCalGal 06-26-2020 01:34 PM

I vote with

mick53 06-26-2020 10:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have been working on my shop the last few weeks but today I figured out my brake caliper bracket, kinda. Wilwood does not make this kit for a straight axle. They also don't make this kit for a Chevy or Furd spindle pin profile. It requires a Heidts (probably spelled wrong but to tired to look it up) spindle profile. I had a Heidts pin put in a early Furd spindle. Super Bell custom made the axle. The brakes are 12.88" six piston Nickle plated calipers. So I have the brackets that fit the spindle and I have the brackets for the calipers. I also want to clock the caliper to the rear to match the back. Now I just need to mind meld them together. My engineer did such a great job on the spindles that the wheel side of the bracket will be flush at the seam. I was thinking of some kind of registration notch in the weld seam for strength. They are 6061 aluminum. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Sorry so long. Thank you for your time.

my56chevytruck 06-27-2020 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbeast (Post 8761658)
I spent the weekend working on front bumper mounts, then trying to decide emblems or not, what do you think?

what a great looking truck, I vote NO EMBLEMS!!

MARTINSR 06-27-2020 06:10 PM

I have such a hard time with the emblem question, it looks AWESOME with or without them. It's just two different awesomes. :D

Brian

Gregski 06-27-2020 10:53 PM

a ton, I had a super productive day on my '54
  • built and installed the exhaust system
  • first broke an exhaust manifold bolt then extracted it (LOL)
  • installed the new shortened and balanced drive shaft
  • installed the B&M shifter cable and bracket to the 4L60E (doing an LS Swap)

Johns327 06-27-2020 11:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I’d leave the badging off, you can always add them, but there a big job to remove later. Mine are in a box, but I don’t think I will ever put them back on.

As for stuff done, well I didn’t do the work, but I did pay for it. Had the side glass tinted to match the back glass. The wife wanted it all darker, but I just don’t see a lot of classics heavily tinted, score a win for the boys team, for now.:metal:

Sevens 06-27-2020 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally got around to putting my Chevrolet hood on...with the wiring complete and new parking lights installed.

Attachment 2028209

My truck is a GMC with a Chevy grill and tailgate; I prefer the appearance of the Chevy, so I completed the look. I also wanted to get rid of the GMC hood which had a skim layer of bondo which was starting to crack and really looked rough. The "new" hood needs a little work on the nose, but overall it is in better shape.

Old Truck Man 06-29-2020 12:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I went to a estate auction saturday. Bought what I think is a 1988 chevy 1500 with 4 wheel drive. The engine has the heads and intake taken off. It all there all the parts complete truck. 100% rust free. a few dents. I towed it home with my 1982 3/4 tom wrecker. They couldnt find the title So I dont know if I want to spent money on a bonded title and fix it or just part it out?

mick53 06-29-2020 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevens (Post 8765136)
I finally got around to putting my Chevrolet hood on...with the wiring complete and new parking lights installed.

Attachment 2028209

My truck is a GMC with a Chevy grill and tailgate; I prefer the appearance of the Chevy, so I completed the look. I also wanted to get rid of the GMC hood which had a skim layer of bondo which was starting to crack and really looked rough. The "new" hood needs a little work on the nose, but overall it is in better shape.

That looks way cooler to me.

Johns327 06-30-2020 11:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Getting my seat ready for upholstery, thought I would pull the cover off. Found an original part tag still on it. Found the part number in my manual, not sure if the 54 on the end was the year it was built but it’s in my 55.2 truck.

MARTINSR 07-03-2020 10:32 AM

Damn I can't wait to get back to my truck, I am close!

Brian

1project2many 07-03-2020 08:23 PM

I swapped out the 80s vintage K10 front sway bar I installed in my '20s for an OE bar I picked up a few years ago. I still have to get one clamp for the sway bar bushing but it's pretty close...