The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What did you do with your truck today, Part 3 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=713560)

Tempest67 09-17-2020 11:50 AM

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

congratulations of the new truck, looks like a Beauty. Enjoy

bosco 09-17-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell Ashley (Post 8809499)
I want to thank everyone for the good wishes. I feel pretty good other than the normal aches and pains from being 79 years old. My wife is in the early stages of Alzheimers and I have to look after her and that is why I didn't feel like I had time to do the things I wanted to do to the truck. I couldn't have found a better home for it. I liked the way it sat before, but the new owner has already ordered a set of two inch drop spindles from Scotts. I'm sure he will do more for it than I would have been able to do. I can't stand to be without a truck so I have replaced it with a 1996 Z71. It's a beauty, a 4X4 that has never been off road. I fell in love with it. The pics are from the sale ad and the buildings in the background are not mine. BTW, seeing the videos of the results of those fires is a real heart breaker. I wish the three inches of rain we have had in the last couple of days would have fallen there.

Beautiful truck. Looks brand new. Almost like it wasn't driven. Enjoy.

PDW HOTRODS 09-18-2020 11:44 PM

Thanks for the wish for rain, we got it today.

Black_Sheep 09-20-2020 08:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Second show of the year, I got to hang out with my friends and check out 300 + cool rides. To make a great day even better, I snuck out of there with some hardware...

DransportGarage 09-20-2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black_Sheep (Post 8811075)
Second show of the year, I got to hang out with my friends and check out 300 + cool rides. To make a great day even better, I snuck out of there with some hardware...

No surprises there! Great truck!

mick53 09-20-2020 09:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I got the outside of my oil filter delete done today. I practiced cutting the blind inside thread several times on scrap, failed a few times. Probably not the best thing to learn on. I made this thicker than I needed to in case I screwed up. It's only $7 worth of 6061 aluminum. I very carefully pulled it off and it fits well. now I need to trim it down and figure the back sealing surface out. Also of course some aerodynamic polishing so she slips right through air. I also spent 3 days working on the interior of the car hauler.

MJN 09-21-2020 08:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got my frame painted- glad I got it done before the cold weather hit. Nevermind the mess on the floor...

oldman3 09-21-2020 09:04 AM

Mark (Black sheep) Congrats on the win...Jim

Black_Sheep 09-21-2020 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman3 (Post 8811266)
Mark (Black sheep) Congrats on the win...Jim

Thanks Jim, it was just nice to spend time with my friends. My pops fell (again) in June and finally accepted that he should be in an assisted living environment. Between getting him moved, getting his house ready to sell, etc.. there hasn't much free time left for fun stuff. It was a much needed break...

mick53 09-22-2020 09:40 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I finished my oil filter delete plate and my valve cover and rockers came today.

Black_Sheep 09-22-2020 09:10 PM

Nice work Mick

daveshilling 09-25-2020 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick53 (Post 8811866)
I finished my oil filter delete plate and my valve cover and rockers came today.

Mick, you need a build thread for this stuff so it's all in one place! Looking good.

Black_Sheep 09-27-2020 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Made it to the 3rd show of the season...

MiraclePieCo 09-27-2020 09:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Pleasant Autumn weather and a combo car show-swap meet lured me 25 miles up the freeway today. The Panel runs smooth and sweet at 70 mph on the Intersate. I don't do shows, but I parked in the spectator lot and thought my truck looked good next to this similarly-colored '40 PU.

After decades of attending shows, I'm jaded by the endless procession of cookie-cutter cars, so I appreciate it when something different shows up. This riveted Falcon got my attention, and the Buick pickup conversion had a vanity license plate reading "DFRENT"

I came home with a windshield full of splattered bugs.

my56chevytruck 09-28-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo (Post 8814685)
Pleasant Autumn weather and a combo car show-swap meet lured me 25 miles up the freeway today. The Panel runs smooth and sweet at 70 mph on the Intersate. I don't do shows, but I parked in the spectator lot and thought my truck looked good next to this similarly-colored '40 PU.

After decades of attending shows, I'm jaded by the endless procession of cookie-cutter cars, so I appreciate it when something different shows up. This riveted Falcon got my attention, and the Buick pickup conversion had a vanity license plate reading "DFRENT"

I came home with a windshield full of splattered bugs.

You're truck looks great and bugs on the windshield and rock chips are trophy enough for me as well. Cool looking Olds "truck" also. I'm like you, drive em there and leave when you want to. Nice ride!!

mick53 10-03-2020 10:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Brake caliper brackets are ready to be welded. Some of you remember what I started with but it's the first picture. I have a friend in the orthopedic business and he is going to have them welded and x-rayed for me for free. I'm not qualified to weld important stuff. One step closer in the 3 year journey of "there's no way in h#*l you can put those brakes on a straight axle".

nvrdone 10-04-2020 06:03 PM

I recently installed a set of Juliano's 3 point belts in my truck. Unfortunately they kept locking up when i pulled the belt out to latch it. I talked with Juliano's and found that the reel should be mounted parallel with the frame rail, not with the cross sill under the seat.
Today i got busy and fabbed up a new pair of brackets. Now just need to get them welded in and see how they work.

slck57 10-04-2020 08:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got my Restomod Air A/C vents and controller installed. Also installed my tailgates hinges.

vintovka 10-04-2020 08:45 PM

Those are some snazzy hinges!!

evilokc 10-25-2020 02:29 PM

i haven't been on in a while. trucks running well minis throwing a belt a few weeks ago. ive started doing little things like chasing rattles and have started doing a little body work. nothing major just filling some low spots and spraying some nicer primer to clean up its appearance. hope everyone has a happy halloween. its getting cold here and i already hate it.

mick53 10-30-2020 08:36 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I have been down with a back problem for a week and a half but today decided to get some light work done. I got the proper ARP carb studs installed today on the 6-71and went through and straightened out the nightmare linkage adjustments. Most things are stainless fasteners in aluminum brackets on steel rods so I anti-seized everything. These were the worst instructions I have ever seen. It must be one of those things where if you buy it they figure you know how to put it together. I also got the proper mounting bolts for 4-71 "the other woman".

DransportGarage 10-30-2020 09:41 PM

A latta bling in those pictures, Mick!

evilokc 11-02-2020 09:53 AM

did a little more body work on the door. im slowly working my way around the cab. its labor intensive but satisfying work. im going to have to be careful. i might accidentally make it a nice truck if im not careful.

Koor 11-08-2020 12:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Installed lowering coils and 2" drop spindles. Kicking myself in the a** now, should have installed 3" spindles.

dsraven 11-08-2020 02:12 PM

Looks good. Give the Coils some drive time to get their "set" and it may drop some more.