The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Lost in the 60's 07-31-2023 09:00 AM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

It's been another unseasonably hot and dry summer up here too. Way behind on rain and in another drought year.
My previous shop was built into a hillside with 3 sides 80% below grade and heavily wooded old growth trees for shade. The roof was a light beige color as well. The shop area was well insulated and even in 90 degree temps, it stayed 72 degrees inside, as long as I kept the doors shut.
My "new" place, the shop building has a dark green roof and receives direct sun most of the day. It gets mid to upper 80's in there, even being heavily insulated now. I gave up trying to work in there in that heat and ordered a mini-split A/C system, but who knows when I will get that installed. It's too damned hot to work on that too..:lol:

Steeveedee 07-31-2023 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by best view (Post 9224147)
Good luck they deliver my neighbors packages to my house constantly when I confront them with my house number difference they say they don’t look for numbers they have this hand held device that pings them some technology suc.s

Turns out it was at my neighbor's house. If it had been in front of the garage like the delivery person said, we'd've seen it. It was behind a pillar with lots of plants blocking the view, next to his front door. That's quite a ways from the front of the garage.

72c20customcamper 07-31-2023 01:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got the bed up into my Dodge . I would have left it on the trailer but my plan is to tow the 68 to Carlisle it’s a process whomever buys it will need a few guys or pay the forklift guy to get it off .

Steeveedee 07-31-2023 02:06 PM

My elderly (older than I, anyway) next-door neighbor came over this morning and asked if I had bought a grill for a Chevrolet truck. He thought that someone had sent him a present (didn't read the label :rolleyes: ). A friend of his looked at it and told him it belonged at my house. It was on his porch, behind a pillar that is covered with ivy. No way to see that from the street. Well, it's here, it's shiny, and undented. Time to start putting hardware on it. :)

FleetsidePaul 07-31-2023 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9224803)
My elderly (older than I, anyway) :)

That guy must be pretty old. :lol:

Ol Blue K20 07-31-2023 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9224890)
That guy must be pretty old. :lol:

:lol::lol:

Steeveedee 07-31-2023 05:46 PM

What!? I can't hear you. The hinges on my coffin lid are squeaking too loud! :P

Getter-Done 07-31-2023 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9224917)
What!? I can't hear you. The hinges on my coffin lid are squeaking too loud! :P

You should see 72 tigger 's that He has built.

I like It. :metal:

Maybe He will see this and share the picture;)

:chevy::chevy:

Steeveedee 07-31-2023 11:05 PM

:lol: Pretty sure I've seen it. Truth is, when I'm dead my ashes would just make a "poofing" noise, though I'm considering having my body buried for a tree to grow out of. But then, who needs another crab apple tree? :D

yuccales 07-31-2023 11:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One of the coolest things on this forum I've seen! ;)

farmall 08-01-2023 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9224301)
Kinda sorta. ;) The wheels and axle were from a John Deere baling machine that I saved from the cutting torch 40 years ago. I was given 16 cultivator wheels that were being used to break up ice in a parking lot, also considered scrap! The bench part is a piece of metal fence. The bench is not welded to the axle nor are the discs. Did not want to really mess with the axle. If we want it to recline further, just step on the discs to press them deeper in the dirt. :lol:

I am going to keep my eye out for something to modify. I think that would sell up here.
Thanks for the pics.

Getter-Done 08-01-2023 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9225094)
:lol: Pretty sure I've seen it. Truth is, when I'm dead my ashes would just make a "poofing" noise, though I'm considering having my body buried for a tree to grow out of. But then, who needs another crab apple tree? :D

:haha::haha::haha:
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9225100)

Yep that it.:chevy::chevy::chevy:

FleetsidePaul 08-01-2023 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9225100)

That sure would look good in the back of my hearse.

Boog 08-01-2023 01:02 PM

It looks more like a bench to me fellas.

special-K 08-02-2023 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9224796)
Got the bed up into my Dodge . I would have left it on the trailer but my plan is to tow the 68 to Carlisle it’s a process whomever buys it will need a few guys or pay the forklift guy to get it off .

Something tells me you thought that out first. Been there, done that. One of my favorite sayings is "If there's a wheel, there's a way". Comes from doing whatever needs done concerning vehicles in a one man show

yuccales 08-02-2023 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9225396)
It looks more like a bench to me fellas.

Until that day you become permanently horizontal. :lol:

mr.mud1 08-05-2023 03:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i decided it was time for the old 67 wagoon to get a little TLC.the pinion seal is leaking,oil,filter needed done and lube the 400 grease fitting in the chassis(not really 400 but lots more than today with cars with none)the gas gauge stopped working,traced that to a bad ground,all good now,new seal on monday and she'll be ready to roll.

72c20customcamper 08-10-2023 06:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Looked at another one .looks to be a Real k10 by the vin wasn’t able to open the door so I couldn’t check the tag or spid , bed looks to have come off a 3/4 ton as it has the 3/4 ton tire mount and fender . Truck is a standard transmission and factory air

Steeveedee 08-10-2023 07:29 PM

Nice looking rig, and AC is always nice (though that one needs a bit of work).

I spent some time converting over to a better fence for my table. Going to buy some metal tomorrow to finish up the adapters. Converting from the factory "infinitely adjustable" fence to an Incra fence that is repeatable any time to a high degree of precision.

72c20customcamper 08-10-2023 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9228787)
Nice looking rig, and AC is always nice (though that one needs a bit of work).

I spent some time converting over to a better fence for my table. Going to buy some metal tomorrow to finish up the adapters. Converting from the factory "infinitely adjustable" fence to an Incra fence that is repeatable any time to a high degree of precision.

Really don’t want another stepper and I just sold the fleet side bed I had at Carlisle . It’s always the way ain’t it have something around a couple years sell and then need it

Steeveedee 08-10-2023 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9228790)
Really don’t want another stepper and I just sold the fleet side bed I had at Carlisle . It’s always the way ain’t it have something around a couple years sell and then need it

I'd love a step side, but don't have room for another vehicle. If my econobox starts costing me after the warranty is up, it'll be a goner and I'll buy something old. There are only so many things to fix on the old vehicles, and then they run a long time, especially if not driven a lot. My econobox is 7 years old and only has 24k miles on it.

special-K 08-14-2023 07:04 AM

Longbed Stepside 4wds are the coolest! Especially 4spd with A/C? Fogedaboudit. Buy it. Once you ditch those Atlas wheels you can put 16s on it and the spare mount will be just right.

72c20customcamper 08-14-2023 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9229662)
Longbed Stepside 4wds are the coolest! Especially 4spd with A/C? Fogedaboudit. Buy it. Once you ditch those Atlas wheels you can put 16s on it and the spare mount will be just right.

I made an offer on it . It’s probably worth what he wants for it from someone but not to me .

72c20customcamper 08-16-2023 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Needed new tires for my Aluma car trailer . I called the manufacturer about putting 15 inch tires on it instead of the 14s the original size tires don’t last long even radials . Thinking even though they are rated for the load it’s just to much for them . They answered the phone right away no stupid prompts and the operator put right through to a tech . The tech was very knowledgeable she asked for the vin told her it was hard to read on the trailer so I used the tittle . She told me 15 inch are the norm on my trailer now and there would be no trouble using 15 on my trailer . She asked for my address to send out a new vin ID label . Sure enough this came yesterday . Nice dealing with with American customer support

mr.mud1 08-17-2023 11:34 PM

5 Attachment(s)
i decided after not giving my old wagon some needed and deserved attention and TLC,that now was a good a time as ever to get her done.oil change,filter,grease,air up tires,a little tune-up,repair a non-working gas gauge that i thought a sunk float,turns out to be a ground problem.discovered a left rear spring out of place at the top for some reason.i took the spring out and re-posistioned the top to where it should be,before i got the tires back on,it was back out??i gave up for today and discovered a leaky pinion seal.i pulled it apart,found a mess with some bearings and races in horrible shape so a friendly Fed-Ex man brought me box of Rock Auto parts today and i made the repairs.new carrier bearings,pinion bearings and seal and wheel seals and bearings.all good but tomorrow i'll put the metal shield back in front of the gas tank and figure out why that spring isn't happy?always something.