The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   MY build thread... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=332884)

shortbed70 04-29-2011 08:18 AM

Re: MY build thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 4652701)
That's a cool box!!

Thanks and it fits in the stock location!
Posted via Mobile Device

Steve_aka_Violent_J 05-01-2011 04:22 PM

nice build.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=461989

shortbed70 05-01-2011 11:25 PM

Well had to fab a piece I lost over the two years in pieces to connect the throttle rod to the pedal so now I have throttle, tranny fluid in and console in! Going to start laying out some wire this week!!! I am getting this thing running complete or not this month!
Posted via Mobile Device

shortbed70 05-03-2011 10:24 AM

Had to change directions on my fuel system, AN fittings are expensive so I got away from the mechanical pump and went to electric. Should be here this weekend. Got my brakes all bled out last night, old fuel line out, fuel pump block off plate put on and going to get line tonight so pics to come!!! Thanks guys for all the comments and views! This site rocks:metal:
Posted via Mobile Device

chad64chevy 05-03-2011 02:07 PM

cool!! you need to do another video of it running!! to bad i did have the thorottle rod for you! i bet your ready to drive it! just remember you got to take it easy the first drive just to see how it handles, atleast thats what my dad told me!! i said no i'll just hold it to the floor it will straighten out, jk! lol!!! good luck man, trucks awsome! i've always loved these year trucks since my uncle first had one when i was 5-6!!

shortbed70 05-03-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 4659990)
cool!! you need to do another video of it running!! to bad i did have the thorottle rod for you! i bet your ready to drive it! just remember you got to take it easy the first drive just to see how it handles, atleast thats what my dad told me!! i said no i'll just hold it to the floor it will straighten out, jk! lol!!! good luck man, trucks awsome! i've always loved these year trucks since my uncle first had one when i was 5-6!!

Thanks man. Next time she runs it will be under her own power! This things heavy to push around. I will have a video of it soon as I get a few more things done.
Posted via Mobile Device

baggedout81 05-03-2011 11:38 PM

Hell yeah!!!! Knock stuff out left an right. Feels good getting both these projects that much closer.

Should post up a couple pics of your handy work on here on my cutty.

shortbed70 05-04-2011 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baggedout81 (Post 4661159)
Hell yeah!!!! Knock stuff out left an right. Feels good getting both these projects that much closer.

Should post up a couple pics of your handy work on here on my cutty.

I will b glad when they r done. Its been a long process of trial and error with little error just small road blocks. I will post some when I get back on the computer. Been posting from my phone lately.
Posted via Mobile Device

shortbed70 05-06-2011 06:47 PM

This could be the last post for a while guys. With everything in todays world going up except for my wages things are getting kinda tight so I have to stop spending on the truck and get some stuff paid down. Hopefully something changes pretty quick....Ill still be on just no updates unless someone wants to fund my project...:banghead:

daverod 05-06-2011 07:07 PM

Same here. I have 3 project that I need someone to fund,:lol: Maybe we'll get lucky.;) Till then I think I'll be looking for another yob.:ito: or 2

shortbed70 05-06-2011 08:02 PM

Yea it sucks right now. Part of it is my fixed mortgage keeps going up because insurance keeps going up because building material keeps going up because ...... Well you get the idea! Something has to change and it isn't my spending!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

shortbed70 05-10-2011 10:00 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Heres some pics of what I was workin on its finally mobile again...baggedout81 cutlass. He wanted a hopper on air so we completely redesigned the front suspension and boxed and plated everything. Here you go mark.

shortbed70 05-10-2011 10:07 PM

youtube under shortbed70 you can find some videos. Bag over spring is the most recent of the car.

wutnxt 05-11-2011 10:38 PM

Hey thanks for stopping by and checking out my build.....

You have done some great work to your truck, looks great I bet you can't wait to get it out on the road.

shortbed70 05-11-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutnxt (Post 4675536)
Hey thanks for stopping by and checking out my build.....

You have done some great work to your truck, looks great I bet you can't wait to get it out on the road.

No problem.

Thanks it's been a LONG time since I have drove a truck this one I have never drove. I am super stoked and hoping to get it mobile this weekend... Burnout video will be taken!!! I've had my eye on yours for a while it's looking good.
Posted via Mobile Device

wutnxt 05-11-2011 11:06 PM

Thanks...

I really haven't driven that one almost at all before i tore it all apart and now the race is on to get it together for summer. So i completely understand you being Stoked....I will be checking out the thread for a rubber burning clip...lol...good luck man

shortbed70 05-11-2011 11:25 PM

Good luck to you too we just got my buddies race truck together for this weekend and took it on the maden voyage yesterday. 417 sbc, 550-570 solid cam, 3800 stall,4.10 gears th 350. It should run good we will see. Check my videos on YouTube under this screen name...
Posted via Mobile Device

shortbed70 05-15-2011 08:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well started running some wire and got a headache pretty quick so I took some pictures then got board and took the bed off so I could start working on it and got it kinda running...http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...5-15-11004.jpg Click on the first pick to play video.

Captainfab 05-16-2011 01:22 AM

Looking and sounding good :thumbs:

shortbed70 05-16-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captainfab (Post 4682638)
Looking and sounding good :thumbs:

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

shortbed70 05-18-2011 09:03 PM

Well since I have no money to spend I figures it was time I started on the bed so I welded on the last patch piece then just some final few things to weld on then epoxy primer! So hopefully I will have some pics this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device

shortbed70 05-22-2011 11:05 PM

Haven't been on my computer lately to load pics but the bed is in epoxy and started the mud work tonight. Had a buisy weekend out at the spring nationals helping my uncle win his first national event in supercomp and get a cool trophy. I'll try to get pics up this week then it's mud and sand, repeat!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

shortbed70 05-23-2011 10:31 PM

Well I decided to do a little work on the truck and low and behold my front pan seal is leaking so guess I need to pull the pan off and put a different pan on. Stupid chrome, I knew better, now I pay! Beds got some mud on it though!
Posted via Mobile Device

shortbed70 05-23-2011 11:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Heres a few

shortbed70 05-30-2011 08:36 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here is the fun Ive been having lately...