The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

57taskforce 12-07-2020 02:29 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Larry, It’s definitely worth the time to go. I do really enjoy the architecture and culture of that area. There’s a lot of cool history and sites to see. I doubt you’ll regret it.

Rich84 12-07-2020 02:34 PM

So I was unable to solve the mystery of replacing my Daughter's Mini Cooper wiper blades.
It says that they fit 96% of vehicles..They don't fit hers. I hate that car.
Drank 1/2 bottle of Crown watching the Giants beat a good football team for the first time this year.

FleetsidePaul 12-08-2020 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8846114)
My wife was wrapping presents so she hung out here at home.

My wife was wrapping presents today too. She gave me "The look" and asked me why I wasn't helping.

Silly girl. She ought to know better. My idea of wrapping is taking the receipt out of the shopping bag.

Steeveedee 12-08-2020 10:04 AM

You're supposed to go and get one of those shiny bags from her stash. The ones with the tissue paper still in them. After enough years of mockery about badly wrapped presents, that's what I do. Or have it wrapped at the mall. I made a pair of earrings from mahogany and carved to look like acanthus leaves for my wife for her birthday. They were not wrapped at all.

davischevy 12-08-2020 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8846723)
My wife was wrapping presents today too. She gave me "The look" and asked me why I wasn't helping.

Silly girl. She ought to know better. My idea of wrapping is taking the receipt out of the shopping bag.

My daddy always told me, "Son, one of these days you will learn to just act like your not smart enough."

With me it's no act.

72c20customcamper 12-08-2020 05:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Had to do the brakes on the Envoy today of course its 26 ° out. Misses said there was a funny noise rear were metal to metal. New rotors and pads . Been 7 days since surgery have a week to go before the stitches come out, I dont think the dr will notice the greasy bandages:lol: Last week and today. Already cleaned the outer wrap on Saturday.

57taskforce 12-08-2020 05:58 PM

Shoot, that’s pretty dang clean for a mechanics hands! I bet that was miserable trying to work with stitches and bandages.

72c20customcamper 12-08-2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 8847029)
Shoot, that’s pretty dang clean for a mechanics hands! I bet that was miserable trying to work with stitches and bandages.

Ya it was . I have 5 stitches in my left hand too. But they will be out tomorrow morning was going to take them out today but the misses was adamant about them staying in the full 10 days.

weq92f 12-08-2020 06:37 PM

Utilized my Bug-a-Salt and fabulous marksman skills to hunt and kill a yellow jacket that had somehow lost its way and found itself inside my house.

-klb

FleetsidePaul 12-09-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weq92f (Post 8847049)
Utilized my Bug-a-Salt and fabulous marksman skills to hunt and kill a yellow jacket that had somehow lost its way and found itself inside my house.

-klb

I love my Bug-A-Salt. But I wouldn't think it could take out a yellow jacket. I've hit flies (I think) and they buzz away. But that may be my marksman skills. I probably missed.

Wasps and hornets make me nervous. I've had them go after me. Nasty little buggers. And if I missed it might get mad.

I could bust out the old 12 gauge. But then I'd have a lot of drywall work to do and a angry wife. :lol:

weq92f 12-09-2020 01:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8847362)
I love my Bug-A-Salt. But I wouldn't think it could take out a yellow jacket. I've hit flies (I think) and they buzz away. But that may be my marksman skills. I probably missed.

Wasps and hornets make me nervous. I've had them go after me. Nasty little buggers. And if I missed it might get mad.

I could bust out the old 12 gauge. But then I'd have a lot of drywall work to do and a angry wife. :lol:

It was an experiment that worked out well. First, my Bug-a-Salt is the 3.0 version so it's got a stronger spring and the yellow jacket was a juvenile. Second...the bug was already flying slow ( exhausted maybe ) so it was an easy target perched on the window glass.

One shot from about 2 feet rendered it unable to fly. It took another shot or two to make sure it was gonna die!

-klb

57taskforce 12-09-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8847362)

Yet another situation calling for selective hearing:lol:

FleetsidePaul 12-09-2020 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 8847414)
Yet another situation calling for selective hearing:lol:

Or deny everything.

What hole in the wall honey?

Oh my gosh. That wall is defective. It's got a big hole in it. How did that happen? :lol:

special-K 12-15-2020 12:39 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I got back to my move the barn project. It's all dug out now including the roots
Attachment 2067829
Attachment 2067830
Attachment 2067831

I dug piers where the posts will sit and one more in between each of those. This past weekend I formed up the wall, tied steel, and poured. I need to get pictures of that. I forgot to get any of that progress. Step by step

davischevy 12-15-2020 12:45 PM

Roots are the worst when you have to dig them out by hand.

davischevy 12-15-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8847518)
Or deny everything.

What hole in the wall honey?

Oh my gosh. That wall is defective. It's got a big hole in it. How did that happen? :lol:

Tyler, I'm pretty sure you should ignore Paul's advice regarding women. :lol::lol:

special-K 12-15-2020 01:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8850249)
Roots are the worst when you have to dig them out by hand.

I looked and saw I posted some of those pictures already. Yeah, especially mixed up with concrete. I hate using a chainsaw, even with a throw away chain. If the one was much bigger it would have been worse by hand. I was fretting on it a while, then went at it with the Sawzall using a pruning blade. Not too bad.

I went out and took these pictures before I finish stripping it.

davischevy 12-15-2020 01:50 PM

I'd say sawzall was a good choice.

57taskforce 12-15-2020 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8850252)
Tyler, I'm pretty sure you should ignore Paul's advice regarding women. :lol::lol:

Good call. Sleeping in my truck with the dog isn’t advisable this time of year... scratch that, the dog sleeps in the laundry room during the winter.

special-K 12-15-2020 02:38 PM

Taking woman advice from Paul would be as bad as me taking financial advice from my ex-wife :lol:

Boog 12-15-2020 03:35 PM

Oooh good point.

Getter-Done 12-15-2020 10:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by special-k (Post 8850305)
taking woman advice from paul would be as bad as me taking financial advice from my ex-wife :lol:

Attachment 2067948

Dieselwrencher 12-16-2020 06:29 AM

Tim, that tree root looked like no fun at all!

special-K 12-16-2020 06:52 AM

I was feeling I had underestimated the challenge I accepted in moving this building for a while. Spent some time frettin' on it for sure. But when it came down to it I got then out fairly easily. Another daggone pier footer to dig up, too! Once the pier came out it was easier to deal with the root. I wanted to get this concrete done before freezing weather, which we have now. 20s at night this week, low-40s days. Supposed to maybe snow a foot this afternoon into tomorrow morning. I think today will be in the 30s.

Dieselwrencher 12-18-2020 06:27 AM

Tim, did you get any of that snow???

Yesterday I was able to get the 350 fired up in my 71 K10 parts truck. I was really surprised. It actually runs really well and doesn't smoke. It'll make a good addition in my K20 project.