The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My Facetruck thread. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=752660)

special-K 02-18-2018 07:14 PM

Re: My Facetruck thread.

I've never seen Tillamook ice cream. They must keep the good stuff over on your side. Maybe I can buy it online :lol:

The Kerrigold 1# blocks of cheese I buy all cost the same at the big grocery stores. We have three in my town. Let's say its $6. Where I like to get it is at the country market that is getting into it's 3rd generation. It's a meat market but a darn good grocery store stocked with good stuff. They sell it for $4 something. Goes to show all the smoke and mirrors used by these big grocers with their sales, club cards, Just4U, whatever. I thought the whole benefit "to the consumer" for having huge conglomerate corporations supplying our food was paying less through their buying more. This little mom & pop store can sell an item for about 25% less and they have less than 1% the buying power

davischevy 02-18-2018 09:27 PM

This thread is sure getting cheesy.

special-K 02-19-2018 08:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Gettin' corny now

davischevy 02-19-2018 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If I had some bread I would leave this place.

Dustmaker65 02-19-2018 05:06 PM

Wish I would of taken a picture...but yesterday for breakfast I had everything I have been craving for the last few months! Skillet with hash browns, sausage, bacon, ham, 2 over easy and ALL covered in sausage gravy! Man was it good! Didn't have a lot, just enough to knock the edge off :)

GOPAPA 02-19-2018 06:32 PM

At one time I really liked Chocolate Gravy ,,but that was when I was 18 and my sis made it for me a number of times when living with her in Arkansas .. now it would be too sweet and thats saying it like it is even now that the pimples have not been a problem since I was 18.. :)

davischevy 02-19-2018 07:07 PM

I liked chocolate gravy as a kid, but I'll take sausage gravy now. Once a month.

I've slowed to one or two beers a month.

I've started wondering what it is I am wanting to live so long for. :lol:

Boog 02-19-2018 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustmaker65 (Post 8192213)
Wish I would of taken a picture...but yesterday for breakfast I had everything I have been craving for the last few months! Skillet with hash browns, sausage, bacon, ham, 2 over easy and ALL covered in sausage gravy! Man was it good! Didn't have a lot, just enough to knock the edge off :)

So Jimmy. I guess you had some big ol cathead biscuits to go with all that too? Wooboy that sounds good.

Boog 02-19-2018 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 8192297)
At one time I really liked Chocolate Gravy ,,but that was when I was 18 and my sis made it for me a number of times when living with her in Arkansas .. now it would be too sweet and thats saying it like it is even now that the pimples have not been a problem since I was 18.. :)

You know I've lived in Arkansas all my life and I have never had that chocolate gravy everyone talks about. I didn't grow up with it so I've never had a hankerin for it. Like you Larry, just thinking about it makes me feel bumps under the facial skin. :lol:

Dustmaker65 02-19-2018 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8192402)
So Jimmy. I guess you had some big ol cathead biscuits to go with all that too? Wooboy that sounds good.

LOL...no biscuits, just one slice of dry whole wheat...watching my figure :)

Dustmaker65 02-19-2018 10:40 PM

I have never had chocolate gravy either...and I LOVE anything chocolate!

davischevy 02-19-2018 10:46 PM

I don't know how Larry Larry had his but other Larry opened the biscuit, installed lots of butter, put the biscuit back together and then covered the whole biscuit with chocolate gravy.

It's great with a pile of bacon.

I wonder if my bride would get up and fix me some right now?

I'll let you know how that goes.

Ol Blue K20 02-19-2018 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8192548)
I don't know how Larry Larry had his but other Larry opened the biscuit, installed lots of butter, put the biscuit back together and then covered the whole biscuit with chocolate gravy.

I never had it. But it sounds delicious. Good luck getting your wife to make some....

Boog 02-19-2018 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustmaker65 (Post 8192543)
LOL...no biscuits, just one slice of dry whole wheat...watching my figure :)

Oh I see. You've got that balancing thing going on. Kind of like having a Milkyway and a diet coke. One offsets the other? ;)

Boog 02-19-2018 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8192548)

She might just tell you if you want it to fix it yo self! And be sure to clean up afterwards too. :lol:

davischevy 02-20-2018 12:22 AM

Yeah, I think ole Dale was funnin' me when he said good luck gettin' my wife to make me some.

In all honesty, she does ask me once in while on a weekend if I want chocolate gravy. She makes it when the kids are here.

That's what I will have tomorrow night.

I will give a report.

How's it going Dale?

special-K 02-20-2018 07:27 AM

I'm not going to talk about any food better than hospital food till Dale gets out. I guess there's nothing to talk about. I'm just bummed my bed has no adjustments, just a flat mattress. No one ever comes into my room to check on me, either. I just had to change my own sheets, too. Life is rough out here.

Ol Blue K20 02-20-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8192653)
Yeah, I think ole Dale was funnin' me when he said good luck gettin' my wife to make me some.

In all honesty, she does ask me once in while on a weekend if I want chocolate gravy. She makes it when the kids are here.

That's what I will have tomorrow night.

I will give a report.

How's it going Dale?

It's going, it's not much fun but I'm sure looking forward to March 9. Looking forward to your report on the gravy.

Ol Blue K20 02-20-2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8192768)
I'm not going to talk about any food better than hospital food till Dale gets out. I guess there's nothing to talk about. I'm just bummed my bed has no adjustments, just a flat mattress. No one ever comes into my room to check on me, either. I just had to change my own sheets, too. Life is rough out here.

Tim, I need food talk or I won't eat this swill......lol

davischevy 02-20-2018 12:34 PM

Dale you might raise Tim's spirits if you describe how bad your food is, and how that dude (nurse) roughed you up changing the sheets.

Tim might not feel like he has it so rough out there.

flashed 02-20-2018 01:27 PM

Hey Dale ,if you need to get the Nurses attention and they dont come when you mash that little button ,just unplug everything on your drip station . That gets their attention real quick ,ask me how I know .

Ol Blue K20 02-20-2018 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8192989)
Dale you might raise Tim's spirits if you describe how bad your food is, and how that dude (nurse) roughed you up changing the sheets.

Tim might not feel like he has it so rough out there.

I'll take a pick of lunch for him.....lol

davischevy 02-20-2018 03:39 PM

If you get a hot nurse, get Tim a picture of her too.

We won't look.

Ol Blue K20 02-20-2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashed (Post 8193080)
Hey Dale ,if you need to get the Nurses attention and they dont come when you mash that little button ,just unplug everything on your drip station . That gets their attention real quick ,ask me how I know .

I found if you pull the cord of the wall at the toilet. They even bring the crash cart. Somehow that cord got stuck to my slipper;):lol::lol:

davischevy 02-20-2018 03:48 PM

Just don't touch anything, OK?

leddzepp 02-20-2018 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8193185)
I found if you pull the cord of the wall at the toilet. They even bring the crash cart. Somehow that cord got stuck to my slipper;):lol::lol:

Happens all the time around here. We just stopped responding :lol:

davischevy 02-20-2018 04:01 PM

leddzepp doesn't have to listen to complaints that way.

BTW, LZ you need to let me know when your taking vacation this year so I can fill in.

leddzepp 02-20-2018 04:27 PM

I’m taking June off this year, along with the first two weeks in July. Headed all the way to New York this time.

August was so humid last year we decided to try out earlier in the summer.

We also hired two part timers so you won’t have to fill in as much :metal:

davischevy 02-20-2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leddzepp (Post 8193232)
I’m taking June off this year, along with the first two weeks in July. Headed all the way to New York this time.

August was so humid last year we decided to try out earlier in the summer.

We also hired two part timers so you won’t have to fill in as much :metal:

Have you installed a sound proof panel behind the drivers seat yet? Those boys can have a lot of disagreements between coasts.

leddzepp 02-20-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8193244)
Have you installed a sound proof panel behind the drivers seat yet? Those boys can have a lot of disagreements between coasts.

I’m thinking of pulling a 5th wheel travel trailer, that way I hear nothing. People can still ride in those right? I know they can’t in a bumper mounted trailer...

Ol Blue K20 02-20-2018 04:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pick for Tim!!!!!! What we had served for lunch. A very high quality Brunswick hockey puck thats bee grilled to "extra well done" quality. This will be served on a standard quality Sysco brand bun. Included on this fine fair is "previously frozen" tomato slices, red onion rings and extremely soggylettuce leafs......As a small treat Lay's classic chips and a 6oz pepsi az well

Killer Bee 02-20-2018 05:06 PM

fifth wheel trailer passenger requirements

:ito:

Dustmaker65 02-20-2018 07:23 PM

So now you guys are trying to get me in trouble with the GF! I was telling her about the Tillamook cheese, so she buys some for me to try. As she is unpacking the groceries she throws the Tillamook cheese at me and says "tell your buddies they have way to much money to be friends with you!"

So I am guessing that it is a little more expensive than the cheese we get standing in line for???

davischevy 02-20-2018 10:19 PM

A frugal woman. Good choice.

I'm hurt that she doesn't like your choice of friends.

davischevy 02-20-2018 10:20 PM

Are you old enough to remember standing in line for cheese?

Dustmaker65 02-20-2018 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8193520)

I am! There was a time my father was laid off and we went to get cheese! I was young then and now :)

And actually, she does like you guys alot more than the guys I used ride with a few years ago.

davischevy 02-21-2018 12:14 PM

My mothers parents were poor as church mice. Never owned a piece of property or a car. They rented from the same family all their lives.

I remember going to get them and taking them up to the county shop and them standing in line for "commodities".

My dad wouldn't go. He wasn't too proud of my maternal grandfather because of his lack of ambition. My grandfather was perfectly happy owning nothing. My life would be much simpler if I had inherited his gene.

leddzepp 02-21-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8193520)

Welfare cheese...yuck :lol:

GOPAPA 02-21-2018 12:41 PM

Acually ,,the welfare Cheese my folks got back in the day was Tillamook Cheese as we were only about 100 miles from Tillamook ,,at that time is was a Government hand out ( I think it was a time when work was hard to find ,,as my dad was a hard working logger with his own logging business) ,,we would get cheese ,butter, dried milk, and other things.. we had to drive to a town some 18 miles from us to get it.. He was a proud man so my mother and I went and got it..

It was a big ol brick of cheese about 4 inches square by a foot long I think and very very good ,, like candy to me ..with some salt crackers.

davischevy 02-21-2018 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leddzepp (Post 8193895)
Welfare cheese...yuck :lol:

Dang, LZ, I didn't think you were old enough to remember hard times.

First thing we know you will be telling old time stories like the rest of us.