The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Project Vitamin C-10 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=248460)

Alan's Classic 10-23-2013 08:17 PM

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

1 Attachment(s)
Go check out my nearly famous story.

C@rnut001 10-23-2013 08:32 PM

That is great and interesting that your wife's picture was used to find the one who stole the scarecrow. Too bad the kid that stole it also burned it. Thanks for the story.

likaroc13 10-23-2013 08:38 PM

Well if you weren't bound to be famous with Vitamin C-10, you've got an abdominal fitness modeling career ahead of you. ;) Should I get in line early for your autograph? :lol:

Saw your post on FB, & I hate to hear all that hard work got ruined. Hope that young fellow responsible learns a valuable lesson.

Strodder 10-23-2013 10:13 PM

Funny story. I hope you het him back. He looks like you when you had the beard. :haha:

Ta2Don 10-23-2013 10:31 PM

Now if you can get the real Uncle Si to visit Ball Ground and you and Vitamin C10... ;)

Alan's Classic 11-01-2013 05:42 PM

I'll reply to y'alls post when I get to a pc.

I'm heading to Dawsonville Ga for my last show of the year tomorrow. I got it cleaned and ready to go. I hope to find some good fall colors for a backdrop for some pics.

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...psc049ee00.jpg

pdxhall 11-01-2013 09:40 PM

Nice shot of your truck, Alan. Good luck at the show.

Alan's Classic 11-02-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdxhall (Post 6343657)
Nice shot of your truck, Alan. Good luck at the show.

Thank you sir!!

Today's show drew the best award so far. "Best Chevy"

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...ps7e93d07a.jpg

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...ps93f6b488.jpg

Rushed home dodging rain so I did t find any place for a photoshoot.

1963c-10 11-02-2013 05:50 PM

well deserved.....truck looks great

likaroc13 11-02-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 6344630)
Thank you sir!!

Today's show drew the best award so far. "Best Chevy"

Rushed home dodging rain so I did t find any place for a photoshoot.

Congrats, that's awesome! Great way to end show season. :metal:

Jeff La 11-02-2013 10:39 PM

Great show, Great truck and a Great Trophy. Your hard work paid off

Strodder 11-03-2013 02:06 PM

Congrats Alan :metal::metal::metal:

Ta2Don 11-03-2013 07:50 PM

Raising the bar once again… Well Done Sir!!!:bling:

clemdaddy 11-03-2013 07:58 PM

i agree with the above... great truck and much deserved.

the cooler is cool but the truck is a winner.

flashed 11-03-2013 08:49 PM

The pictures just dont do this truck justice in my opinion ,it needs to be seen up close and personal to see all the details .

flips72 11-03-2013 09:08 PM

very nice:metal: and well deserved, congrats.

Alan's Classic 11-03-2013 09:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by C@rnut001 (Post 6329970)
That is great and interesting that your wife's picture was used to find the one who stole the scarecrow. Too bad the kid that stole it also burned it. Thanks for the story.

Anytime. My wife should have gotten royalties off the pic It is every where. I even saw it was on the View.

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 6329987)
Well if you weren't bound to be famous with Vitamin C-10, you've got an abdominal fitness modeling career ahead of you. ;) Should I get in line early for your autograph? :lol:

Saw your post on FB, & I hate to hear all that hard work got ruined. Hope that young fellow responsible learns a valuable lesson.

I'm sure he won't forget it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 6330207)
Funny story. I hope you het him back. He looks like you when you had the beard. :haha:

He's better lookin' than me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6330247)
Now if you can get the real Uncle Si to visit Ball Ground and you and Vitamin C10... ;)

That would be cool

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1963c-10 (Post 6344648)
well deserved.....truck looks great

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 6344850)
Congrats, that's awesome! Great way to end show season. :metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff La (Post 6345071)
Great show, Great truck and a Great Trophy. Your hard work paid off

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 6345945)
Congrats Alan :metal::metal::metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6346426)
Raising the bar once again… Well Done Sir!!!:bling:

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 6346438)
i agree with the above... great truck and much deserved.

the cooler is cool but the truck is a winner.

Thanks to all above for the great comments

Today I found a pretty good site for pics. As soon as I pulled up and got out a Mother and daughter came up and asked if they could take some pics.

Ta2Don 11-03-2013 11:28 PM

Very Nice!!!:thumbs:

Alan's Classic 11-11-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woogeroo (Post 6346642)
oh sweet... nice color matching with the leaves and everything.

-W

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6346883)
Very Nice!!!:thumbs:

Thank you guys

I've thought long and hard about selling my truck and right now I'm leaning towards selling it.

I've always wanted to do a full resto and when I got sober I started this truck shortly after. Along with my faith in God this truck keep my mind busy. During those years I missed a lot of time with my family. My girls are 13 and 10 and I don't want to miss anymore time with them. When I'm setting at the car shows I think of the time I'm missing with the family.

I'm sure that I would regret selling it if I do, but not as much not watching my girls grow up. They will be getting busier with school stuff and I want to be there. After they get a life of their own then I can build something else.

I still haven't fully decided what I will do. If I do decide to sell then I have to figure out a selling price. I know what it appraised for, but that doesn't mean much. It is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

C@rnut001 11-11-2013 09:49 PM

Well, Alan, you have a great reason for considering selling it. Of course, you could just store it away in your garage until they are grown, but then it would need redone again maybe. Good luck with your decision about selling your truck and God bless your family.

Ta2Don 11-11-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C@rnut001 (Post 6359204)
Well, Alan, you have a great reason for considering selling it. Of course, you could just store it away in your garage until they are grown, but then it would need redone again maybe. Good luck with your decision about selling your truck and God bless your family.

:agree: and I'm glad I can always refer to your thread to study the amazing and awesome work you've accomplished with Vitamin C-10!:metal: Especially since I see you added A/C...:haha: Just kidding with that last bit, please don't hate me!!!:lol:

Strodder 11-12-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 6359174)
Thank you guys

I've thought long and hard about selling my truck and right now I'm leaning towards selling it.

I've always wanted to do a full resto and when I got sober I started this truck shortly after. Along with my faith in God this truck keep my mind busy. During those years I missed a lot of time with my family. My girls are 13 and 10 and I don't want to miss anymore time with them. When I'm setting at the car shows I think of the time I'm missing with the family.

I'm sure that I would regret selling it if I do, but not as much not watching my girls grow up. They will be getting busier with school stuff and I want to be there. After they get a life of their own then I can build something else.

I still haven't fully decided what I will do. If I do decide to sell then I have to figure out a selling price. I know what it appraised for, but that doesn't mean much. It is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Say it isn't so. All that hard work, and you will never get what you have in it counting the blood, sweat and tears. I understand why you want to sell it, but why not let Vitamin C-10 be a part of the family? We did that while raising our kids. We drove the cars I built all over the place with them in them, including the Corvettes (today you can't do that). We even drove up to San Francisco in our Baja Bug and the back seat I made into a carpeted platform. They had a ball back there. But with your kids being 13 & 10, they are getting too big to do that. I feel for ya, and hope you make the right decision.
What does the family say? Did you take a vote? ;)

clemdaddy 11-12-2013 04:59 PM

hey alan, its totally what you think and feel but selling your truck can't be the only solution. its a family member too. those girls are going to need a vehicle when they're old enough (3 yrs) and by then you will have regret for selling it a thousand times.

i vote for the family vote, pretty sure the family knows how much it means to you.

kuddos to you buddy. just to be that considerate, its big.:metal:

pdxhall 11-12-2013 09:35 PM

Keep the truck Alan. I've been watching you build this truck since I came aboard and now it's finished. You can back off now and enjoy it. Drive it. Take it to a show occasionally. I figure it's very hard to back off a little after you've invested so many years getting to this point but this is what you've been working for. I think it's something you will regret. Just my 2 cents as they say.

theastronaut 11-12-2013 09:40 PM

If it's "in the way" just drain the fuel and park it. I have a couple project cars that I'd never sell but don't have the time for that are stored, one hasn't been touched in about 12 years. I think you'd regret selling it after all you've put into it.