The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What did you do with your truck today, Part 3 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=713560)

idbeast 05-09-2021 01:06 PM

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCalGal (Post 8918677)
Idbeast I’m interested in the tailgate latch you show in the picture. Is that something you came up with or a kit?

NorCalGal I used these but instead of the cables I installed Mar-K Tailgate Link Assembly

Smokey Road Rod Shop

LMC Truck

Jim W

62 Barnfind 05-09-2021 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick53 (Post 8918812)
Some of the best door gaps I have ever seen and such a complicated door.

Thanks! I really means a bunch. I have spent a couple of weekends trying to get the gaps right.

BAM55 05-09-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR (Post 8918524)
Friggin ART! That thing is simply a piece of ART!

Brian:metal:

Thanks Brian as you well know I worked awfully hard to make it look like something.

PDW HOTRODS 05-12-2021 11:05 AM

I'm watching as are a lot of others. My progress is very slow and it's going to be a nice driver quality, not high end show, so not as impressive as others here.

daveshilling 05-12-2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbeast (Post 8918585)
Finally got the latches and lever powder coated and installed after I misplaced the first set, and the lifting rods installed.
Mick53:
I quit posting just because no one showed any interest it what I was doing with my truck and after 20+ posts with no responses... why do it. I take pride in everything I do, as does everyone else. I know most people don't have the money I put into mine, but "The Beast" is the last thing on my bucket list and I built it for my pleasure and what I want in a truck.
Jim W

Yeah Jim if you had a build thread specific to your truck, it would be so much easier to follow along, comment, etc. This thread should be more for one-off tasks instead of each step someone takes to build a truck.

I don't always get a reply when I update my builds, but that's okay, its a journal for me, and entertainment for others. I'm not doing anything unique at all to my trucks so its probably not very entertaining, but I love being able to look back on the progress I made that was all new to ME.

BAM55 05-12-2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshilling (Post 8919942)
Yeah Jim if you had a build thread specific to your truck, it would be so much easier to follow along, comment, etc. This thread should be more for one-off tasks instead of each step someone takes to build a truck.

I don't always get a reply when I update my builds, but that's okay, its a journal for me, and entertainment for others. I'm not doing anything unique at all to my trucks so its probably not very entertaining, but I love being able to look back on the progress I made that was all new to ME.

Well I find your build interesting. I find all builds interesting especially when person is doing the vast majority of the work in their home shop or garage. Its hard work and take you being a jack or all trades. Good job to all my fellow home builders. So it does not matter if people comment because believe me they are looking and in many cases learning.

1project2many 05-13-2021 10:06 PM

I spent time earlier this week working on the tune for the crossfire manifold. I'm currently running a 16197427 from a 94-95 truck and I haven't had much time during the last couple of years to make changes to the calibration.

Last night I dragged out the old Hydrovac I've had in storage for a few years. I hope to begin rebuilding that soon. I've got several pictures from the assembly manual to help fabricate brackets and plan the install.

And I've started collecting bits to install 3/4 ton steering arms. Made a quick measurement of the mounting holes and it appears the 3/4 ton arms will bolt right up. Last night I ordered the ball studs for the factory tie rod ends. This should be fun.

MARTINSR 05-14-2021 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAM55 (Post 8918924)
Thanks Brian as you well know I worked awfully hard to make it look like something.

Your hard work and passion paid off, it's ART!

Brian

youngrodder 05-17-2021 11:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Threw on my hood and finished installing my LS Fab hood strut kit. This is such a nice kit. Supplied mounts and hardware is all SS. I painted mine to blend in more.

Thank you
Marc

MARTINSR 05-23-2021 10:42 AM

Hmmmm, interesting, looks nice.

Brian

89AKurt 05-23-2021 04:10 PM

I did with my truck yesterday, been editing and posting since I returned. Explored some abandoned stretches of Route 66, this is Two Guns Shell service station. The wind was 50 MPH gusts.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...39fde374_b.jpg

MiraclePieCo 05-27-2021 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngrodder (Post 8921686)
Threw on my hood and finished installing my LS Fab hood strut kit. This is such a nice kit. Supplied mounts and hardware is all SS. I painted mine to blend in more.

Thank you
Marc

Really cool, I didn't know such a thing was available. But aren't you going to miss the euphonious cacophony of the original springs every time you open the hood?

_Ogre 05-28-2021 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89AKurt (Post 8923962)
I did with my truck yesterday, been editing and posting since I returned. Explored some abandoned stretches of Route 66, this is Two Guns Shell service station. The wind was 50 MPH gusts.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...39fde374_b.jpg

great picture of your truck, but dang you!
i just spent 2 hours reading about two guns and crater monument

918Wbrown 05-31-2021 10:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Lol not sure mine deserves to be on here with all the beautiful show trucks hahaha, but I built new core supports for camaro subframe. I also got one inner fender sanded and painted.

DransportGarage 05-31-2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 918Wbrown (Post 8926928)
Lol not sure mine deserves to be on here with all the beautiful show trucks hahaha, but I built new core supports for camaro subframe. I also got one inner fender sanded and painted.

Looks good to me. Welcome!!

mick53 05-31-2021 05:23 PM

Those a some pretty welds. I need spot putty to even get close to that.

DransportGarage 05-31-2021 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick53 (Post 8927074)
Those a some pretty welds. I need spot putty to even get close to that.

There's some real skills there! Is that TIG?

918Wbrown 06-01-2021 09:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Appreciate it guys. Yeah I tig weld everything, but I just slapped that on there haha. This is what I do when it's going to stay where people can see it.

DransportGarage 06-01-2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 918Wbrown (Post 8927352)
Appreciate it guys. Yeah I tig weld everything, but I just slapped that on there haha. This is what I do when it's going to stay where people can see it.

Some of the best I've seen...

918Wbrown 06-01-2021 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DransportGarage (Post 8927365)
Some of the best I've seen...

Thanks boss, going on 15 yrs welding next month.

vintovka 06-01-2021 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 918Wbrown (Post 8927388)
Thanks boss, going on 15 yrs welding next month.

As a bubble gum welder here all i can say is wow!! Only comparable welding i have seen was done by a robotic welding machine. Whatever they pay you at work it isn't enough -- you can tell them a professional engineer said so.

duramax55 06-01-2021 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 918Wbrown (Post 8927352)

wow work of art

918Wbrown 06-02-2021 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintovka (Post 8927617)
As a bubble gum welder here all i can say is wow!! Only comparable welding i have seen was done by a robotic welding machine. Whatever they pay you at work it isn't enough -- you can tell them a professional engineer said so.

Thank you sir! We get paid pretty well, the hard part is working 7 days a weeks 13 hour shift for weeks and weeks straight. I weld in refineries, power plants, chemical plants and work with alot of engineers and they like us alot. The crazy part is I work with guys who are better than me.

vintovka 06-02-2021 04:35 PM

Where is "cameron"?

918Wbrown 06-02-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintovka (Post 8927991)
Where is "cameron"?

Mid west south but I work in every state and out of country.