The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

4u2nv 11-15-2023 07:00 AM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Yesterday the weather being so nice I started putting up outdoor Christmas lights , last year and this years I didn't have to freeze my a$$ off , should be able to finish them up today with another nice day in the forecast

special-K 11-15-2023 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4u2nv (Post 9259118)
Yesterday the weather being so nice I started putting up outdoor Christmas lights , last year and this years I didn't have to freeze my a$$ off , should be able to finish them up today with another nice day in the forecast

I've been trying to get time to do the same. I can't believe we are there already

Lost in the 60's 11-15-2023 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9258882)
Looks good. Fasteners of all sorts have come a long way, but none are cheap. I never really figured fasteners in my bids years ago. I sure do now! heck, even nails are expensive these days

And many are trash, made in china. Hit them too hard and they fold up like a pretzel.
I bought small head, self drilling deck screws to use instead of nails to replace some cedar siding on the house. They have the spline drive and claim they are hardened to eliminate stripping. Another chinesium lie. They do go thru the cedar easily, but once they hit the OSB, they want to strip before they make it to the 2x4. I ended up pre-drilling 100 friggen holes to use this crap.

LockDoc 11-15-2023 09:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
-
Baked more cookies this morning. I decided to try a different kind this time. These are called Cream - Filled Chocolate Cookies The filling is Butter, Powdered Sugar, and Marshmallow Cream. With a dash of Vanilla of course..... :)

Also put part of the snow fence up. I know we are going to get it sooner or later but it was 70º here today.

LockDoc

Getter-Done 11-15-2023 10:52 PM

Those Look Great.

This Reminds me of. ;)

I used to like those Haystack oatmeal things,

Chocolate Drop cookies I think they were Called :lol:

LockDoc 11-15-2023 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9259273)
Those Look Great.

This Reminds me of. ;)

I used to like those Haystack oatmeal things,

Chocolate Drop cookies I think they were Called :lol:

Thanks.

My mom used to make those, she called them No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies.

LockDoc

special-K 11-16-2023 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in the 60's (Post 9259131)
And many are trash, made in china. Hit them too hard and they fold up like a pretzel.
I bought small head, self drilling deck screws to use instead of nails to replace some cedar siding on the house. They have the spline drive and claim they are hardened to eliminate stripping. Another chinesium lie. They do go thru the cedar easily, but once they hit the OSB, they want to strip before they make it to the 2x4. I ended up pre-drilling 100 friggen holes to use this crap.

Yeah, you have to watch the quality. Many of the fasteners I use are made in the USA. The only problem I have is with good old nails. They aren't good old nails anymore, they're bad new nails. Bend at any resistance.

Ol Blue K20 11-16-2023 05:52 PM

Those cookies look delicious!

LockDoc 11-16-2023 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 9259445)
Those cookies look delicious!

Thanks!

They are. I'm eating one right now with my chocolate ice cream.... :)

LockDoc

dave6672 11-16-2023 10:11 PM

I'm getting fat, OK fatter, just looking at the pics of your cookies Leon. They look great!

ghackett1 11-16-2023 10:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://https://www.67-72chevytrucks....1&d=1700189501

Today I proudly installed a flag pole in the front yard.🇱🇷
Maybe someone can rotate it for me, I can’t seem to do it.

Getter-Done 11-16-2023 11:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
spin.

Attachment 2316024

LockDoc 11-17-2023 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave6672 (Post 9259495)
I'm getting fat, OK fatter, just looking at the pics of your cookies Leon. They look great!

Thanks Dave. I'm going to have to cut back over the winter or I will have the same problem..... :)

LockDoc

special-K 11-17-2023 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghackett1 (Post 9259502)

Today I proudly installed a flag pole in the front yard

Very nice

yuccales 11-17-2023 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghackett1 (Post 9259502)
Today I proudly installed a flag pole in the front yard.

Well done!

yuccales 11-17-2023 09:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Split the last of the rounds finally. That machine is awesome. Splits in both directions, lifts the rounds for you, lots of power. If it would stack the wood, I'd be the happiest guy on earth! :lol: I must be gettin' old cuz that green pine is heavy.

ghackett1 11-17-2023 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9259507)

Thank you Getter-done

ghackett1 11-17-2023 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9259572)
Very nice

Thank you Sir🇱🇷

ghackett1 11-17-2023 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9259582)
Well done!

Thank you Sir🇱🇷

mr.mud1 11-18-2023 11:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)
nothing too exciting around here,not related to a truck.i spent yesterday up at the top end of our property to START to clean up damage from last fall's Hurricane Fiona.my wife's greenhouse blew away during that event but i hauled it back from down over a bank to where it was originally.a few feet of chain and about a ton concrete i buried,should ensure it stays put?i took the tractor and chainsaw yesterday to have a look and start cleaning up.i think if i worked everyday for the next month,i might make a little progress?what a mess in places,this is the first of about 6 piles of junk i made yesterday but back deeper in the woods,they are trees almost as big around as a barrel,knocked over like matchsticks.i'll be busy for a while.i picked up on Wednesday when i had to go to the airport to pick up my wife,some photos i had a place mount on a hard board for me,3 of them.i'm going to give a couple away to some guys who helped me some putting my truck back together,as well as one going along with a Nova Scotia calendar,to Santa Ana,California to the Niece of the original owner of my truck.she and her husband inherited "Uncle Bill's" old homestead in Idaho where the truck was stored for 25 years and they were going to send it to scrap?i'm glad they didn't and it ended up with me.they have been following along the rebuild and are quite thrilled with what we've done,so a nice mounted picture off and on the way to them.take care.Greg

special-K 11-23-2023 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.mud1 (Post 9259794)
nothing too exciting around here,not related to a truck.i spent yesterday up at the top end of our property to START to clean up damage from last fall's Hurricane...

Anything you do now puts you ahead next spring. have to start somewhere, right? It's only effort :lol:

mr.mud1 11-23-2023 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9260781)
Anything you do now puts you ahead next spring. have to start somewhere, right? It's only effort :lol:

yes sir.i haven't had a good enough day weather wise to spend another day up there in the woods but worked on covering up the attachments for my tractor that have to sleep outside,and more cleaning up inside the shop and then get back to finishing my metal brake/work table,then back to the floor in the 39.always something to do,like eating an elephant,one bite at a time.Happy Thanksgiving to all my U.S friends.take care.

Ol Blue K20 11-23-2023 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9260781)

X2!, I've been spending a lot of my time at my cabin repairing from last winter. I'm also getting ready for this winter! A never ending process.

mr.mud1 11-24-2023 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 9260919)
X2!, I've been spending a lot of my time at my cabin repairing from last winter. I'm also getting ready for this winter! A never ending process.

yes sir,always something to do and that's ok.

special-K 11-24-2023 07:29 AM

What would we do if we didn't keep busy?