The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Boog 11-24-2023 07:46 AM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

We'd get older faster. I have certainly slowed down since retiring and I believe that's a lot of why my back, hips, knees, hands are feeling the effects of arthritis more and more all the time, well that and age. ;)

mr.mud1 11-24-2023 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9260943)
What would we do if we didn't keep busy?

exactly Tim.if we weren't doing something,we'd drive our wive's nuts,well i do that anyway,just to be a pest but sitting around isn't very good.some day we'll wake up dead.what a waste.

Lost in the 60's 11-24-2023 08:45 AM

Hope all y'all had a good Thanksgiving.
We moved 4 years ago after spending the previous 19 years upgrading that house, cutting down/tearing out dozens of box elder, cottonwood and hundreds of buckthorn trees. Planting Maples, flowering crab trees and other desirable foliage/perennial flowers, etc. Damn place looked like a park and then we move... I told my wife I don't have another 19 years for that, so we are trying to cram all our large, wanted/needed, changes and additions into a 5 year program. I'm closer to 72 than 71 now and it does keep me busy and tired, but we've made all the large scale goals and are down to small landscape and house changes. Well, except for the Cedar siding that will need to be re-stained soon and I won't be doing that. I've been slowly working at restoring a '67 Camaro thru all this and only work on it in the winter. My bodyman/painter friend has been a huge help in getting that moving and we hope to have it ready for paint by spring. Then the next several winters I can work on a rotisserie restoration of my '70 Chevelle...:crazy:

72c20customcamper 11-24-2023 11:07 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Didn’t post yesterdays fun two turkeys and two venison roasts pan seared and slow cooked in the crock pots

special-K 11-25-2023 09:15 AM

I had planned to do my Christmas lights but ended up doing fall clean-up. I cleaned gutters, raked up some leaves, set up the bird feeders, put away hanging baskets and carpenter bee traps, moved things around, stored some things, and organized

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9260947)
We'd get older faster. I have certainly slowed down since retiring and I believe that's a lot of why my back, hips, knees, hands are feeling the effects of arthritis more and more all the time, well that and age. ;)

I'm still working and I'm sure that's not helping my arthritis. I feel good working but sure get stiff and sore from sitting. The biggest change with age I'm feeling is what I consider heavy has gotten a lot lighter. And I feel it more after.

Boog 11-25-2023 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Y'all be careful out there putting up decorations. ;)

Stocker 11-25-2023 01:00 PM

:lol:

Ol Blue K20 11-25-2023 02:15 PM

:lol: :metal:

72c20customcamper 11-25-2023 07:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Picked up two trees today . Three generations

72c20customcamper 11-25-2023 07:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And had a little fun at home

special-K 11-25-2023 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9261146)
Y'all be careful out there putting up decorations. ;)

:lol: I'm freaking out about the aluminum ladder and that electric.
Ok, I'll be careful. I am fairly adapted to ladders these days. I stopped walking my roof. The shakes are getting shabby. Don't want to hurt them or have them hurt me! The pitch is marginal for walking as it is. Next comes metal. Won't be walking that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9261232)
Picked up two trees today . Three generations

Hopefully the tradition continues. I made sure my son brought my grand daughter each year to go cut a tree. She graduated HS this year

Lost in the 60's 11-26-2023 09:21 AM

Here's some dumb "neighbor" I know taking down his lights. He used the extension ladder on the tail gate of his pickup to put them up, but it was still a bit too short. This is far better...:lol:
https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...s/DSC09254.JPG

Getter-Done 11-26-2023 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in the 60's (Post 9261318)
Here's some dumb "neighbor" I know taking down his lights. He used the extension ladder on the tail gate of his pickup to put them up, but it was still a bit too short. This is far better...:lol:
https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...s/DSC09254.JPG

Yeah:lol:
Way Better.:rolleyes::haha:

As long as the Tow motor stays in gear/parking brake holds and the hydraulics hold.

yuccales 11-26-2023 12:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm not a plumber, therefore I have no pipe threading tools. Needed to clean up some buggered threads on two nipples on the boiler. Went to our local ReStore and bought this Armstrong for $3.00! Wire brush and some WD and it was back in service. Did the threads perfect. I love old tools! ;) That faucet is there only to check the threads. Finished the welding on the smokestack also.

special-K 11-27-2023 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9261347)
I'm not a plumber, therefore I have no pipe threading tools. Needed to clean up some buggered threads on two nipples on the boiler. Went to our local ReStore and bought this Armstrong for $3.00! Wire brush and some WD and it was back in service. Did the threads perfect. I love old tools! ;) That faucet is there only to check the threads. Finished the welding on the smokestack also.

Wow, a Bridgeport thread cutter. That's high quality stuff right there. The best of the best

72c20customcamper 11-28-2023 07:35 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Started the live edge counter top for the kitchen . I must have mislabeled these I thought I pulled hickory but it’s curvy maple . Didn’t notice the waves till I planed down the one board . Oh well it’ll be real nice I was going to use this wood for a table but I have plenty more

Steeveedee 11-28-2023 08:27 PM

Nice! I have a bit of that around here.

Getter-Done 11-28-2023 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9261958)
Started the live edge counter top for the kitchen . I must have mislabeled these I thought I pulled hickory but it’s curvy maple . Didn’t notice the waves till I planed down the one board . Oh well it’ll be real nice I was going to use this wood for a table but I have plenty more

That looks Nice :metal:

special-K 11-29-2023 07:04 AM

Maple makes a great countertop and that is some great looking maple

allchevy58 11-30-2023 10:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Been working on the new house, evenings and weekends. Built shelter between conx's, wife's doing electrical, friend is doing the plumbing. Windows got delivered today, my son is coming over this weekend to help install windows.

72c20customcamper 12-01-2023 08:10 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Glued up the countertop. Got me one of those big bad gas rangetops:lol:

special-K 12-02-2023 09:19 AM

That wood be nice

72c20customcamper 12-02-2023 09:34 AM

3 Attachment(s)
It’s pretty rewarding knowing I felled the tree and milled the wood . Took three years for it to dry enough to use . I now have at least twice the amount of wood stickered up

72c20customcamper 12-02-2023 10:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I harvested some Chaga got 4 big ones

special-K 12-02-2023 10:58 AM

That's a good load on there