The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   tuba trucks (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=648457)

northern 85 12-25-2016 10:38 AM

Re: tuba trucks

Merry Christmas!!!

clemdaddy 12-29-2016 08:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Been progressing on the 52 flatty… Got the cab stripped down, fixed floors and kick panels and prepped for the bed liner to be sprayed under the floor. Speaking of the floor, one of the unsafe things about these old trucks is the single reservoir master cylinder, so we replaced it with a dual which meant that the floor had to be modified.

clemdaddy 12-29-2016 08:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Also got some time on the chassis. We're going pretty original with this truck with a 235 six and granny 4-speed. Just everything is freshened up.

clemdaddy 12-29-2016 11:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This is a cab that we've been working on for a fellow in Louisiana. Doing just the metal work, body work and paint.

rusty76 12-30-2016 12:09 AM

I really like those rear meats on the chassis. What tires are those? Looking good,real good.

realvc 12-30-2016 10:05 AM

I came by your shop last year and met Cotton and some others before the party got started. Very cool place you have there.

Don, Martin, Rian and I got together at Don's place in Searcy earlier that week.

You guys were on a wrecking yard run Sat. morning when I got there and I left before you got back and the party got started on that Sat. in 2015.

I had planned on coming for the 2016 but did not make it.

I was at the WELSCO open house at Alltell arena a few weeks ago and saw a man there that looked familiar to me. Then I realized he looked like you, who I've not met.
Was that you? I started to go up the guy and say, "are you Clem Daddy?"

Great work on all the trucks and cars, thanks for sharing and thanks for keeping some cool rides on the road.

clemdaddy 01-01-2017 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusty76 (Post 7808924)
I really like those rear meats on the chassis. What tires are those? Looking good,real good.

Tires are 7:00 R15 STA (Speciality Tires of America) from Summit and thanks...

Quote:

Originally Posted by realvc (Post 7809162)
I came by your shop last year and met Cotton and some others before the party got started. Very cool place you have there.

Don, Martin, Rian and I got together at Don's place in Searcy earlier that week.

You guys were on a wrecking yard run Sat. morning when I got there and I left before you got back and the party got started on that Sat. in 2015.

I had planned on coming for the 2016 but did not make it.

I was at the WELSCO open house at Alltell arena a few weeks ago and saw a man there that looked familiar to me. Then I realized he looked like you, who I've not met.
Was that you? I started to go up the guy and say, "are you Clem Daddy?"

Great work on all the trucks and cars, thanks for sharing and thanks for keeping some cool rides on the road.

Thanks and I am sorry we haven't met yet. Perhaps this year? Didn't go to the Welsco Open House, really didn't even know about it, though I do have an account with them.

Thanks guys for visiting this rambling build thread. Should be able to post more progress on the 66 Ferd later this week.
till then...

Ta2Don 01-01-2017 09:58 AM

Keep Rambling Brother!!!:metal:

Have a Blessed New Year!!!:mm:

Bomp 01-01-2017 03:05 PM

'52 Flatty is cleeeeeean. Same as the frame.

Orange cab & doors look top notch too. I know it cause I've seen them in person.
Shoot, I knew I forgot to put the Impala Christmas lights away.

mjh1965 01-01-2017 07:38 PM

The 52 is looking good and I like the Orange and White combo . What are the colours and are the the factory colours.

clemdaddy 01-04-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 7810917)
Keep Rambling Brother!!!:metal:

Have a Blessed New Year!!!:mm:

Same to ya partner...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7811253)
'52 Flatty is cleeeeeean. Same as the frame.

Orange cab & doors look top notch too. I know it cause I've seen them in person.
Shoot, I knew I forgot to put the Impala Christmas lights away.

Thanks Bomp, we're making a little headway though the temps are brutal. The Impala lights are a permanent fixture, thank you very much. We'll see if they survive the winter...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjh1965 (Post 7811682)
The 52 is looking good and I like the Orange and White combo . What are the colours and are the the factory colours.

Thanks Martin, the colors on the 66 cab are cameo white and light red or as close as my paint guy can mix. Both factory as far as I know...

Appreciate you fellas looking in, hope to post some more pics as soon as the camera thaws...

clemdaddy 01-16-2017 04:58 PM

5 Attachment(s)
This is a well optioned 66 GMC 4-wheel drive which was originally for an employee but it didn't work out. it's got power steering and brakes, a PTO driven winch, electric parking brake, 4-speed granny and a freshly rebuilt 305 V-6. it also has the saddle tank but don't know much about the condition. We straighten her out a bit and through on a 10 footer paint job and sprayed some bed liner too. All in all, not a bad Jimmy.
The plan is to roll her out to the corner for sale and see what happens...

Chevy Apache 01-16-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 7828500)
This is a well optioned 66 GMC 4-wheel drive which was originally for an employee but it didn't work out. it's got power steering and brakes, a PTO driven winch, electric parking brake, 4-speed granny and a freshly rebuilt 305 V-6. it also has the saddle tank but don't know much about the condition. We straighten her out a bit and through on a 10 footer paint job and sprayed some bed liner too. All in all, not a bad Jimmy.

More great work lovely looking truck as usual Clem

Grizz1963 01-16-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 7828500)

Turkey truck looking good Clem.

RANDY COX 01-16-2017 08:24 PM

really nice lookin GMC 4X4 YOU GOT THERE....and all the others I might add...

Bomp 01-16-2017 09:13 PM

Hubba Hubba, thats one fine lookin' truck.

White knuckle Garage 01-19-2017 05:17 PM

clem what is the color of the interior of the Austin Blue truck. paint code ?

clemdaddy 01-20-2017 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White knuckle Garage (Post 7832129)
clem what is the color of the interior of the Austin Blue truck. paint code ?

Sunlit Sandstone Beige, a late model Infiniti color. In Nason Ful-Cryl its F2851D
hope that helps.

clemdaddy 01-26-2017 08:43 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Tuba has been able to spend a little time on the 52 1/2 ton Flatbed. Got the rebuilt motor in the chassis and the cab is ready for color. Not shown are the doors which were in the booth, curing the primer. Took the other brass door knob like is in my black 65 dually and shinned it up for this truck.

Grizz1963 01-27-2017 04:05 AM

That is looking so incredibly good Clem.

Doorknob is the winner.

Low Elco 01-27-2017 01:51 PM

Good lookin' work, Clem!

Moarplease 01-27-2017 08:52 PM

Good looking projects!

Modges'66 01-27-2017 10:02 PM

All that I can say is WOW!
everything that I see is very nice!

chad64chevy 01-28-2017 09:16 AM

great job Clem, what color blue did you paint the 235?

clemdaddy 02-03-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7839566)
That is looking so incredibly good Clem.
Doorknob is the winner.

thank you sir… the 52 flatty is starting to feel like a keeper. We need another shop truck around here.:metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 7839884)
Good lookin' work, Clem!

thanks man, you might think about heading south sometime… tacos and margs any incentive to you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moarplease (Post 7840248)
Good looking projects!

appreciate it buddy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modges'66 (Post 7840327)
All that I can say is WOW!
everything that I see is very nice!

it's all photoshopped, there are no trucks out there:lol: thanks Mike, are the tranny woos over?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 7840633)
great job Clem, what color blue did you paint the 235?

thank you Chad… 1607 chevy blue engine paint in the duplicator rattle can, I think.

I appreciate you guys bouncing along with us… this week we are crunching on the sweet green 54, trying to get her parade ready. Also the 66 custom Ford is getting some attention.

Will post pics real soon...