The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

special-K 12-19-2020 10:04 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

1 Attachment(s)
Yes we did. It would have been a foot but at about 8" it turned to sleet, then freezing drizzle, back to snow for a few more inches. Looked like 8" and ice on the trees. Still cold, the ice is still on the trees

57taskforce 12-19-2020 10:13 PM

Yuck Tim! Dad said he got about a foot but he’s on top the blue ridge so I’m sure it never changed over. I won’t complain as much about the three inches we got this week lol.

Today I got my wife a new disco ball sparkly thingy for her married finger for an early Christmas present, temporary(and I meant one time use) get out of jail free card, and to begin to celebrate our upcoming 10th anniversary in early April.

davischevy 12-21-2020 12:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Put a few more pieces of trim on the 55.

FleetsidePaul 12-21-2020 01:45 AM

Just playing with my camera.

(EDIT) I thought this was the random pictures you took thread. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...uke_Warhol.jpg

special-K 12-21-2020 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8852519)
Put a few more pieces of trim on the 55.

Now there's a 'take it nice and slow' project. Every piece is a crowning jewel. Lookin; good!
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8852563)
Just playing with my camera.

(EDIT) I thought this was the random pictures you took thread. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Don't beat yourself up, Paul. I get it. What you did yesterday not on your truck was take a picture of your dog. Pat yourself on the back. That's quite an accomplishment :lol:

What did I get done yesterday (other than some house cleaning)? Not much, stripped concrete forms for my 'barn move', thought about building something temporary to put things in the barn while it gets moved, and didn't take any pictures

FleetsidePaul 12-23-2020 12:00 AM

I made a couple batches of my hot sauce to give away for Christmas.

Sorry for the terrible picture. My phone is junk.

I made red and green. It's good. But fasten your seatbelts if you eat it. Both of them have quite a kick.

I guess that's why they call it hot sauce. ;)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/..._Hot_Sauce.jpg

Ol Blue K20 12-23-2020 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8853539)
I made a couple batches of my hot sauce to give away for Christmas.

Sorry for the terrible picture. My phone is junk.

I made red and green. It's good. But fasten your seatbelts if you eat it. Both of them have quite a kick.

I guess that's why they call it hot sauce. ;)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/..._Hot_Sauce.jpg

Sounds painful.....:lol: The pic is a bit blurry, what's on the label?

special-K 12-23-2020 07:00 AM

There is hot sauce and there is be careful sauce. Hot sauce is for the general public. The other one is for self destructive types :lol:

FleetsidePaul 12-23-2020 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8853594)
Sounds painful.....:lol: The pic is a bit blurry, what's on the label?

My camera has been taking blurry pictures lately. Not always but a lot of the time. My phone is on its last legs.

The label is a flame and it says "Alligators F#*kin Hot Sauce". My wife had the labels made. I would have called it something else. Alligator is a nickname that I managed to pick up years ago.

FleetsidePaul 12-23-2020 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8853597)
There is hot sauce and there is be careful sauce. Hot sauce is for the general public. The other one is for self destructive types :lol:

This is not be careful hot sauce. I go for flavor mostly. But it definitely lets you know it's there. I've been told that I should start selling it. It's that good. But it's a lot of work to make. And it takes a lot of ingredients and time to get it right.

Boog 12-23-2020 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8853539)

Blurry pics. Sorry for the terrible picture. My phone is junk.

[img]

Or maybe your camera has been drinking? ;)

FleetsidePaul 12-23-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8853623)
Or maybe your camera has been drinking? ;)

That could be :)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/.../four_eyes.jpg

Boog 12-23-2020 01:57 PM

Hey, if you put a finger here and a thumb there she looks like a girl I once......oh, uh, nevermind. ;)

What I did not on my truck? Bought a new tv. The other one decided to crap out and right here before Christmas too. You'd think one should last longer than 10 years, almost to the day..

special-K 12-23-2020 04:23 PM

That picture sure is freaky. Only one nose... so weird.

Well Boog, it seems with most consumer products these days the newer it is the less time it will last. It's time to bring back the TV repairman. A friend was just telling me he was given a TV that wasn't that old. It worked but either wouldn't turn on sometimes or it would cut out randomly... something like that. He searched the problem on his computer and found out what caused that problem was a bad capacitor. He found the part and ordered it, under $20 do it yourself repair.

1976gmc20 12-23-2020 04:43 PM

I remember when you took tubes out of your tv down to the store and plugged them into a device to test them. Then you bought new tube(s) to replace the one(s) that were bad.

The back of the tv just had a piece of pegboard for a cover, with a few screws to hold it on. You were supposed to unplug it first, of course ;)

Pretty soon you were back to watching all three channels again :lol:

GOPAPA 12-23-2020 05:32 PM

I went to the Dollar store with the wife to buy stocking stuffers ,,it is amazing how much a $1.00 each for every thing adds up..

Boog 12-23-2020 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8853776)
I remember when you took tubes out of your tv down to the store and plugged them into a device to test them. Then you bought new tube(s) to replace the one(s) that were bad.

The back of the tv just had a piece of pegboard for a cover, with a few screws to hold it on. You were supposed to unplug it first, of course ;)

Pretty soon you were back to watching all three channels again :lol:

I was telling a youngun the other day how in my youth radios and tv's had tubes and dad would pull the back off of it and thump the tubes to see if they'd come back on. He'd replace one or two and keep it going and we kids learned from our dads how to work on things unlike today where most everything is throw away. I bet even the Maytag repair man does things different now days. ;)

Boog 12-23-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 8853791)
I went to the Dollar store with the wife to buy stocking stuffers ,,it is amazing how much a $1.00 each for every thing adds up..

Shout out to Family Dollar. Those things are everywhere!

GOPAPA 12-23-2020 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8853801)
I was telling a youngun the other day how in my youth radios and tv's had tubes and dad would pull the back off of it and thump the tubes to see if they'd come back on. He'd replace one or two and keep it going and we kids learned from our dads how to work on things unlike today where most everything is throw away. I bet even the Maytag repair man does things different now days. ;)

We did learn not just stick that screw driver just anywhere in the backs of them old tube TV's ..wrong move would make hair stand out and eyes bug open,,, Yes..Boog,,, we sure did learn a lot from our dads. things to do and not to do..

72c20customcamper 12-23-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8853802)
Shout out to Family Dollar. Those things are everywhere!

Like the plague.

1976gmc20 12-23-2020 10:03 PM

Quick trip to town and then replaced an electric "burner" on the stove top. Should have been simple but the connections on a 40-50 year old stove weren't quite compatible. Had to open up the bent eyes on the new one, and actually break the ends off the old one to use the holes as nuts. Everything has to fit together just so in order to fit in the insulating clamshell.

The guy at the little shop in town actually has my jeep inside and taken apart and is putting in new rockers. I thought it was the lifters which is why I took it in to a shop instead of trying to work on it myself. Maybe we will actually get it back by the end of the year. It's been sitting down there since late Sept or early Oct.

FleetsidePaul 12-24-2020 12:34 PM

My wife is off work today. So I'll probably have a laundry list of stuff that I didn't do to my truck today coming up.

She's already making a list. :(

1976gmc20 12-24-2020 02:45 PM

My "do list" is rearranging my office. It requires shutting down and unplugging everything for a while. Might start after lunch ... (?)

special-K 12-24-2020 02:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8853801)

We were talking in a thread last summer about TV and appliance repair shops going by the wayside. Right after that I started a job where I drove past this place I remember from decades ago. I think it's still open. I'll tell you one thong, that place sits on some prime commercial real estate

DeadheadNM 12-24-2020 03:48 PM

We just had a local appliance repair shop house call.