The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   my 65 fleetside build (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=442370)

flips72 06-09-2012 07:08 PM

Re: my 65 fleetside build

2 Attachment(s)
a couple more of the carpet for McMurphy,

chad64chevy 06-10-2012 10:24 AM

truck is looking good, glad you got a camera!! i like the carpet color you choose!! ill update my thread with some pictures of what i bought later today!!

how is the aaw wiring? ive been thinking of ordering the same kit but wondering how hard it is to install or of its just a plug and play!!

McMurphy 06-10-2012 12:38 PM

Yep that carpet looks great !!

allaboutchevelles 06-10-2012 11:09 PM

Looking good Flips. I do like the color of that carpet also.

CRGRS 66 06-11-2012 12:29 PM

X 4 on the carpet flips!

flips72 06-11-2012 05:31 PM

thanks guys, as far as the wiring harness its not a plug and play unit for sure, but it is a nice piece, i am sure they make a exact replica of the harness that came in our trucks but mine is the classic upgrade kit for 60-66 trucks. all in all i think it will be fine just have to do a little thinking:lol:

65Custom 06-16-2012 09:34 AM

Flip your truck is looking awesome!!! One of the Fastest builds I have seen on here keep up the great work.

chad64chevy 06-17-2012 08:47 AM

flips, what color visors are you going with? the visors i was going with are gray from classicparts and getting the black and gray armrests but will take them apart and paint the black either gray are the blue that i've been painting stuff!

i'm not getting my wiring harness just yet, my uncle is saling his stuff that he bought a yr. ago, so i'm saving for it! i'll be getting a hobart mig welder with a full bottle, and a 50-65 gal. air compressor, with a family discount of half price of what he paid!! everything has only been used maybe a total of ten times. mostly from me!!

flips72 06-17-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65Custom (Post 5437295)
Flip your truck is looking awesome!!! One of the Fastest builds I have seen on here keep up the great work.

thanks 65 custom, not to sure about the fastest build though seems like a eternity to me

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 5438771)
flips, what color visors are you going with? the visors i was going with are gray from classicparts and getting the black and gray armrests but will take them apart and paint the black either gray are the blue that i've been painting stuff!

i'm not getting my wiring harness just yet, my uncle is saling his stuff that he bought a yr. ago, so i'm saving for it! i'll be getting a hobart mig welder with a full bottle, and a 50-65 gal. air compressor, with a family discount of half price of what he paid!! everything has only been used maybe a total of ten times. mostly from me!!

i am going with the gray leather on the visors same as the primary color on my seat,i thought you were buying the harness off the parts board it looked to be in really great shape. cant go wrong with family discounts:lol:

i got to looking at my drivers side door and found a bad place on it decided to re do it so i repaired it yesterday hope to re-spray it next week.

chad64chevy 06-17-2012 02:52 PM

ya i got that harness mainly for the guage cluster harness that and those two harnesses i bought are $235 for the main and $65 for the guage cluster harness, if you buy them from classicparts! not sure if i want to use it in my truck or not, the wires are updated so it should be fine! just not sure if you know what i mean!!

Dinos63 06-18-2012 11:24 AM

such nice work! carpet is perfect

Alan's Classic 06-18-2012 09:50 PM

Nice choice on carpet and I see some wires hanging. Sweet!!

66_c10_tpi 06-19-2012 02:30 PM

Do you have any pictures of how you mounted the MSD box behind the glovebox? That is where I plan to mount mine also but was concerned about keeping it cool with the vintage air unit right below it.

Great looking truck.

flips72 06-19-2012 03:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 5439211)
ya i got that harness mainly for the guage cluster harness that and those two harnesses i bought are $235 for the main and $65 for the guage cluster harness, if you buy them from classicparts! not sure if i want to use it in my truck or not, the wires are updated so it should be fine! just not sure if you know what i mean!!

i know exactly

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinos63 (Post 5440711)
such nice work! carpet is perfect

thanks dino, still watching the dually build just havnt posted, awesome build though, that is going to be a super nice truck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 5441742)
Nice choice on carpet and I see some wires hanging. Sweet!!

thanks alan, yeah i have been busy just not making alot of headway, after looking at the drivers door i found a low place i wasnt happy with a all so i took it back off and i have it ready to re-spray now, then while installing my door glass in the passenger side it slipped from my hands and knocked a small dent from the inside- out so now i get to re-do the bottom half of the passenger door as well. i did get my vacuum gauge installed in the dash but unfortuntly knocked the camera off the work bench and broke it, so now i am just waiting for the garage roof to fall in and get it over with:lol: some people were born lucky instead of good looking but i got rooked on both ends:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66_c10_tpi (Post 5442843)
Do you have any pictures of how you mounted the MSD box behind the glovebox? That is where I plan to mount mine also but was concerned about keeping it cool with the vintage air unit right below it.

Great looking truck.

i did find some pics of the msd box so i will post them for you,but im not running air on my truck so it might not help a whole lot. the boz is mounted on the rubber insulators and the bolts come out under the wiper grill,i figured i would dab a little silicone on the nuts so no water can penetrate inside the truck.

66_c10_tpi 06-19-2012 06:13 PM

Thanks

Modges'66 06-19-2012 07:33 PM

What a nice job. Iv'e been whatchin for a while, & I'm pretty impressed...I copied your engine-lift/cab-hoist idea for setting my cab on the frame. Worked awesome.

flips72 06-28-2012 03:50 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 66_c10_tpi (Post 5443189)
Thanks

your welcome

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modges'66 (Post 5443306)
What a nice job. Iv'e been whatchin for a while, & I'm pretty impressed...I copied your engine-lift/cab-hoist idea for setting my cab on the frame. Worked awesome.

thanks,the lift idea came off this site as a lot of my ideas have.

i finally got another camera today, heres a few pics of my progress, dash is assembled, passenger door glass and vent window installed, new air filter for the motor(5 inch k&n knockoff) waiting on the seat maybe next week around wensday they said, i hope. drivers door is in primer again waiting for paint but getting some closer, going to try and finish brakelines so i can put the column in it and finish wiring under the dash and praying for a cold front:lol:

CRGRS 66 06-28-2012 04:07 PM

looks real nice flips!

chad64chevy 06-28-2012 04:33 PM

man, thats looking better and better everytime you post pics!! so what about 2-3 weeks and you'll be done, right??

McMurphy 06-28-2012 06:02 PM

I think you are still about 7-8 months ahead of me....
Looking darn fine though sir !!!
You sure keep me motivated :metal:

flips72 07-02-2012 06:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 (Post 5459396)
looks real nice flips!

thanks craiger, you can remove the brace you showed in the other thread, like everyone said i had to remove it to install my tank.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 5459433)
man, thats looking better and better everytime you post pics!! so what about 2-3 weeks and you'll be done, right??

thanks chad, and yeah i wish it was only a few weeks from being finished, but i am afraid it will be awhile longer than that:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 5459555)
I think you are still about 7-8 months ahead of me....
Looking darn fine though sir !!!
You sure keep me motivated :metal:

thanks McMurphy, i am glad the motivation goes both ways, you working in sub zero weather is definitly motivation:metal:

well, i got the rest of the brake lines finished and was bleeding them when the driver side front bleeder screw broke so that put a stop to that, did pick up a new caliper today though so maybe i can finish up with the brakes soon. picked up my seat and visors today, all in all i was pleased with the way it came out heres a few pics

McMurphy 07-02-2012 06:59 PM

Heyyyyyyy now....
Your seat looks too close to what I have in mind for mine!!!
Except I am going to probably run that light grey with black.
Mind sharing what you had it covered in, and what that ran you price-wise?

I just want to know if I need to stock up the bank account before I take my seat to the upholster...

CRGRS 66 07-02-2012 07:01 PM

Maybe it is the camera angle, but the seat (which looks lovely by the way) seems to sit quite high. Where is the top of the seat back in relation to the bottom of the back window. Is that the, or a original seat?
(and thanks for the cross member note as well)

likaroc13 07-02-2012 09:37 PM

nice progress! really like that seat

flips72 07-02-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 5465681)
Heyyyyyyy now....
Your seat looks too close to what I have in mind for mine!!!
Except I am going to probably run that light grey with black.
Mind sharing what you had it covered in, and what that ran you price-wise?

I just want to know if I need to stock up the bank account before I take my seat to the upholster...

the seat is covered in genuine imitation leather:lol: or vinyl for short. it is a very nice material and it cost me 275.00 but he had to replace most of the bottom foam then he did my visors in the lighter gray fo 45.00 tax and all 351.20, not sure if thats a bad price or not?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 (Post 5465687)
Maybe it is the camera angle, but the seat (which looks lovely by the way) seems to sit quite high. Where is the top of the seat back in relation to the bottom of the back window. Is that the, or a original seat?
(and thanks for the cross member note as well)

the top of the seat covers the seal for the rear glass and as far as i know it is the original seat for my truck, i was going with the sixty forty seats but opted to go this route because of mounting holes(didnt want to drill any holes in the floor) maybe after the our 15 year old is grown we will go bucket seats i have a set of them as well.