The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   1966 SBBW pro street (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=448089)

wutnxt 12-21-2011 12:08 PM

Re: 1966 SBBW pro street

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 5073182)

Cool thanks......

Great build thread lot of nice work

wutnxt 12-31-2011 11:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So this is where things got a little complicated.....here is what the truck looks like with the extended front valance piece....if you look you can notice that it looks a little wider...

wutnxt 12-31-2011 11:32 PM

The WA state plate just happened to be on the bumper...or atleast it was when it came out of the field of dreams....

wutnxt 12-31-2011 11:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Sooooo
After alot of thinking and several beer.....Someone came up with the idea to split the top portion of the bumper and add a piece to it make the valance look smaller....it's not all finished yet but i think it will look okay...it's growing on me now....

wutnxt 12-31-2011 11:58 PM

I pulled my other short box rolling chassis into the shop yesturday...I plan on washing it and cleaning it up a bit.....it's been sitting for awhile undercover but it needs some TLC. I think I can use a break from the pro street truck for a bit.

Dieselwrencher 01-01-2012 03:27 AM

That looks bad ass! Get back on it! WTH are you waiting for? :lol:

FRENCHBLUE72 01-01-2012 10:41 AM

I like the bumper mod.. No one will ever even notice it ...

Dinos63 01-01-2012 01:12 PM

wow thats killer work ! i like it this truck is going to be over the top:metal:

McMurphy 01-01-2012 06:41 PM

This is really looking good Wutnxt!
I am going for a similar look to the front of mine as well.
Glad for the pics, helps me visualize what mine is going to look like...
Keep it coming man.

wutnxt 01-02-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 5094565)
That looks bad ass! Get back on it! WTH are you waiting for? :lol:

Well...It's a fact i have to have something to drive soon, way to many projects on the go and nothing is burning rubber....and thanks dude...any word on that hugger orange over there ?

wutnxt 01-02-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 (Post 5094750)
I like the bumper mod.. No one will ever even notice it ...

I hope it works out that way....would be great if something worked the way i wanted it to for a change....lol

wutnxt 01-02-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinos63 (Post 5094961)
wow thats killer work ! i like it this truck is going to be over the top:metal:

Dude...
I just want it nice enough to park beside one of your trucks...you have game...There isn't anything you have built thats not killer, you do great work. Thanks for the positive feedback...some days i wounder if i will finish anything...lmao

Dieselwrencher 01-02-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutnxt (Post 5096683)
Well...It's a fact i have to have something to drive soon, way to many projects on the go and nothing is burning rubber....and thanks dude...any word on that hugger orange over there ?

I totally understand that! That's why I pushed the truck I was working on out side to work on my wife's truck. My Longhorn has had no work done to it since I dropped it off. There for, I'm counting on the 76 being easier to get running than the Longhorn now that I'll more than likely be bringing it back home to finish myself. Keep at it man, you too have game! :lol:

chevyrestoguy 01-02-2012 02:19 PM

The new mods look great! Nice and subtle, just the way I like it. I always liked the mods where people look them and they start scratching their heads. They know that something has been done, but they just can't figure it out. That's when you know you've done it right.

wutnxt 01-02-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 5096987)
I totally understand that! That's why I pushed the truck I was working on out side to work on my wife's truck. My Longhorn has had no work done to it since I dropped it off. There for, I'm counting on the 76 being easier to get running than the Longhorn now that I'll more than likely be bringing it back home to finish myself. Keep at it man, you too have game! :lol:

No game here.....I just swing a big hammer and bend the odd tool...lol. Well one us should finish something soon...I have heat in the shop now so that realllllly helps being motivated this time of year

wutnxt 01-02-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy (Post 5097093)
The new mods look great! Nice and subtle, just the way I like it. I always liked the mods where people look them and they start scratching their heads. They know that something has been done, but they just can't figure it out. That's when you know you've done it right.

Ya thanks man...thats excatly what i am going for,something just a bit differnt then my normal look i normaly go for. I still have my fingers crossed that it's going to turn out right...

McMurphy 01-02-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutnxt (Post 5097129)
No game here.....I just swing a big hammer and bend the odd tool...lol. Well one us should finish something soon...I have heat in the shop now so that realllllly helps being motivated this time of year

I totally hear you on this one!!
I gots no skills ......... I have no Kung Fu
Even though my space heater keeps the garage at about 70* even on days like yesterday when it was -40* outside. But still, I may invest in a creeper, or like Veronika a long skate board ;) because that floor is still cold as ....... well use your imagination LOL !!!

wutnxt 01-02-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 5097256)
I totally hear you on this one!!
I gots no skills ......... I have no Kung Fu
Even though my space heater keeps the garage at about 70* even on days like yesterday when it was -40* outside. But still, I may invest in a creeper, or like Veronika a long skate board ;) because that floor is still cold as ....... well use your imagination LOL !!!

I work out of town regularly where it gets into the mid -40's so i feel your pain....I just built a shop addition and stuffed a nice heating unit into and it sure makes me wanna spend more time in the shop. More room and heat with a nice smoothy shiney floor it's all good.

McMurphy 01-02-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutnxt (Post 5097291)
I work out of town regularly where it gets into the mid -40's so i feel your pain....I just built a shop addition and stuffed a nice heating unit into and it sure makes me wanna spend more time in the shop. More room and heat with a nice smoothy shiney floor it's all good.

Ohhhh and the shop envy sets in once again !!!
Nothing like trying to roll a few hundred pounds of newly rebuilt engine and transmission on a hoist across an uneven and cracked floor to give you the scrotum check.

When I lay my shop floor it is going to be one of those like yours, smooth, shiney, hard and reinforced with rebar so I can set a lift in there if I ever get to be so lucky !!

wutnxt 01-02-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 5097384)
Ohhhh and the shop envy sets in once again !!!
Nothing like trying to roll a few hundred pounds of newly rebuilt engine and transmission on a hoist across an uneven and cracked floor to give you the scrotum check.

When I lay my shop floor it is going to be one of those like yours, smooth, shiney, hard and reinforced with rebar so I can set a lift in there if I ever get to be so lucky !!

Dude ....you crack me up...

Trust me i have pulled wrench in the gravel.....in the snow.....in the rain.....and it doesn't take much of a shop to make me happy....

Dieselwrencher 01-03-2012 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutnxt (Post 5097495)
Dude ....you crack me up...

Trust me i have pulled wrench in the gravel.....in the snow.....in the rain.....and it doesn't take much of a shop to make me happy....

I hear you there. My floor isn't perfect in my shop, but it beats the hell out of dirt or gravel. :lol: And believe me, I'm going to try to get the 76 running this week. Tired of pushing all the trucks around. :lol:

shortbed70 01-04-2012 08:56 AM

Looking good man!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

wutnxt 01-04-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbed70 (Post 5101072)
Looking good man!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Troy....

Always nice to get some positive feedback

Alan's Classic 01-04-2012 12:37 PM

Dude, your doing some awesome work. The bumper and hood look nice. :metal:
Posted via Mobile Device

wutnxt 01-04-2012 12:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well....
It happened I dragges out the frame i have been sitting that has been buried for awhile and started cleaning it up and getting read to fire it up. Still need to run some lines and check everything over , not to mention there is going to be alot of polishing and cleaning to do . It's amazing how dirty everything got......