The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

57taskforce 02-26-2021 08:29 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 8885790)
I'd have to get this version.
Girls at my house

Maybe I’ll get one for my wife. She’s the biggest Disney nerd I’ve ever seen.

72c20customcamper 02-27-2021 05:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This year the maple season is late usually have the taps in mid feb but it’s been to damn cold. Just started going above freezing last couple of days . Tapped 5 trees but the snow is too deep to get to the others . Hopefully by Monday as it raining now and going to till Monday . I have some competition looks like the sap suckers have started too . They did the open holes

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 02-28-2021 02:18 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Searched many years to recover five "velva" black light posters I had as a kid. Old favorites right, 1973-1976 if I remember right. Anyway, I received "Ice Ship" today, hung it up & set up the lights. My taste in these hasn't changed, and the ship is even more vibrant than I remember. The Ice Ship gave me four of five. Technically 4.5 of 5.

Ironically, the fifth of five came up this week as well. Thing is I had the full size 23x35" "Super Shark", probably paid 12 bucks for it. I recovered a 11x17" version few years ago, $80. Anyway, the 23x35" shark cost a guy over $500 today.

I was curious what kind of IDIOT would pay $500 for one of these (kidding, cough!). I can say the guy is a rock n roller type, probably waging against Sammy Haggar or something like:devil: I only know enough he collects some very cool stuff & expensive taste. While I made excuses to hit a higher pitch:lol: dude bid 4-5 times same day early, hit it high the last and never looked back.

The camera doesn't know how to react to a black light, couldn't tell you why, but this is the best it can give and it refuses to snap the shark. I have to move a shelf yet to hit that Buck right. Three of these are (were) NOS. I'm only in this disaster total $340 less cheap frames. Someone saved me a lot of money today.

4u2nv 02-28-2021 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 (Post 8886424)
Searched many years to recover five "velva" black light posters I had as a kid. Old favorites right, 1973-1976 if I remember right. Anyway, I received "Ice Ship" today, hung it up & set up the lights. My taste in these hasn't changed, and the ship is even more vibrant than I remember. The Ice Ship gave me four of five. Technically 4.5 of 5.

Ironically, the fifth of five came up this week as well. Thing is I had the full size 23x35" "Super Shark", probably paid 12 bucks for it. I recovered a 11x17" version few years ago, $80. Anyway, the 23x35" shark cost a guy over $500 today.

I was curious what kind of IDIOT would pay $500 for one of these (kidding, cough!). I can say the guy is a rock n roller type, probably waging against Sammy Haggar or something like:devil: I only know enough he collects some very cool stuff & expensive taste. While I made excuses to hit a higher pitch:lol: dude bid 4-5 times same day early, hit it high the last and never looked back.

The camera doesn't know how to react to a black light, couldn't tell you why, but this is the best it can give and it refuses to snap the shark. I have to move a shelf yet to hit that Buck right. Three of these are (were) NOS. I'm only in this disaster total $340 less cheap frames. Someone saved me a lot of money today.

Those are far out man ,LOL I can remember those from my dope smoking days
They are something to enjoy

LONGHAIR 02-28-2021 12:11 PM

I never had any of the blacklight posters back in the day, but I did have an original of Farrah in the red bathing suit, Cheryl Teigs in the Pink bikini, and Susan Anton from the movie Golden girl. They were lined up om one wall that you could see through the second floor window from the street. That wasn't really the plan, it just worked out that way.
Originals of at least 2 of those would probably be worth something today, but no where near $500. There were millions of them.

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 02-28-2021 01:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4u2nv (Post 8886449)
Those are far out man ,LOL I can remember those from my dope smoking days
They are something to enjoy

I hadn't even smoked dope :lol:when I got them the first time. I never much cared for the more "trippy" posters. Picture really doesn't do them justice, the four take up a lion's share the wall & give pause;) to see them. They're in the "drum" room, which is code for Chevy parts too. It won't be a complete job until I move the posters into the master bedroom though;) - also code for Chevy parts. I may have the most cosmetically challenged master bedroom here, even gets the bench seat. Who needs bedside tables when you have cases of parts. May clear it all out this year luck & resolve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 8886578)
I never had any of the blacklight posters back in the day, but I did have an original of Farrah in the red bathing suit, Cheryl Teigs in the Pink bikini, and Susan Anton from the movie Golden girl. They were lined up om one wall that you could see through the second floor window from the street. That wasn't really the plan, it just worked out that way.
Originals of at least 2 of those would probably be worth something today, but no where near $500. There were millions of them.

Tempted to get another Farrah (NOS):smoke: Last I checked $20, they made a zillion. I had Cheryl Teigs & Susan Anton posters too, Cheryl Lad as well, but Farrah is the queen.

Some posters enter four digits. I'm no expert, but those seem to be rare super hero and rock. As "Funky Enterprise" type posters the 23x35 Super Shark is most valuable, apparently. Another 23x35" will come up someday, but I think I'll pass $500+ & declare this little project done. Having a 11x17 isn't the worst thing - it's the only small one I've seen & came cheap.

Rare doesn't mean valuable as they say. That Buck cost me $25 second time around, about 12 years ago. Super Shark is rare but the Buck is on another level. It was my favorite and still is. I redecorated the bedrooms so the light hits it right.

1976gmc20 02-28-2021 02:33 PM

I guess I'm a little different: I have a bunch of Charlie Russel prints ;)

Rich84 03-01-2021 01:16 PM

I read somewhere that the Farrah poster was the best selling poster of all time.

I had a velvet Jimi Hendrix. My wife sold it at a tag sale first year we were married. Actually, I think she gave it to the guy that fixed our furnace. I guess it didn't fit the decor.

I still have the Sports Illustrated swimsuit editions from the 70's though.

FleetsidePaul 03-03-2021 12:06 AM

I finally hung my Mr. Suds sign on the side of my patio. Mr. Suds was kind of a landmark in Bakersfield. They tore it down. It's an Auto Zone now. So much for history. :(

I was lucky enough to get the sign. It's really big. You can see it from the boulevard. I'm waiting for someone to show up and order a cheeseburger and a root beer float. :lol:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...um/Mr_Suds.jpg

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 03-03-2021 12:49 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2085450
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8886651)
I guess I'm a little different: I have a bunch of Charlie Russel prints ;)

I'd gladly hang that in other rooms. I'm no art enthusiast though. I have some neat stuff passed down, one 1800s and one given my dad by a fine artist. Couple pieces from my mother, she was pretty good for a novice, and a few from her mother, who was very good. Heck, I'll show, why not...

First came from my uncle, he was a very cool cat too, Spanish/American Calvary, philosopher, artist, stage actor and BBQ in the buff per a picture:lol: His father fought for the Confederates from the beginning @ 15 years old. I have a feeling the painting belonged my uncles mom and/or dad. I don't know what year it is, but my uncle was born 1881.

Second a gift to my dad. Apparently the artist liked his music, 1950s.

Third a sample my grandmother's work.

Fourth my wonderful mother's;)

Just call me Sean 03-03-2021 04:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My brother had the panther and the leopard. I have this one.

1976gmc20 03-03-2021 12:58 PM

Well, I went for a hike for the first time in about a month!

I left right after chores while the ground was still (mostly) frozen. Sometimes crunching through hard snow and the rest of the time dodging ice and muddy places.

MJN 03-03-2021 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fixed up another lantern I picked up last fall at a swap meet, model 200A built July 1967. And then went and shoveled gravel into the pot holes in my driveway...can't wait for the frost to go out and the water to soak in.

1976gmc20 03-03-2021 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJN (Post 8888102)
Fixed up another lantern I picked up last fall at a swap meet, model 200A built July 1967. And then went and shoveled gravel into the pot holes in my driveway...can't wait for the frost to go out and the water to soak in.

I think we have one just like that! Single mantle?

Haven't used it in years, but the way things are going I should get it out and see if I can get it to work.

Also have a pair of double mantles that someone gave us and that I've never tried to use.

MJN 03-03-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8888125)
I think we have one just like that! Single mantle?

Haven't used it in years, but the way things are going I should get it out and see if I can get it to work.

Also have a pair of double mantles that someone gave us and that I've never tried to use.

Yeah, 200's are single mantle, 220 & 228's are the most common double mantle models. You should dig them out and get them cleaned up and working again! I've got seven lanterns and a catalytic heater, my favorites are the 1955 202 model and 1946 242C model.

Ol Blue K20 03-03-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJN (Post 8888102)

It looks like new! I should try to find some to fix up for my cabin. :metal:

1slo64 03-03-2021 10:39 PM

Started cleaning up the shop, got pretty cluttered over the past couple months.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...c47f0700_c.jpg

FleetsidePaul 03-03-2021 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1slo64 (Post 8888273)
Started cleaning up the shop, got pretty cluttered over the past couple months.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...c47f0700_c.jpg

Cluttered? I only wish that my garage was that cluttered

1slo64 03-03-2021 11:36 PM

I had moved good bit of stuff before I took the picture, you couldn't really walk between the workbench and the mustang before.

Ol Blue K20 03-03-2021 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8888291)
Cluttered? I only wish that my garage was that cluttered

Me too! ;)

Stocker 03-06-2021 05:12 PM

Changing oil & filter in our Generac for the first time. Total of nine hours run time since it was installed about 14 months ago. Time to replace the break-in oil with fresh synthetic 5W-30.

Ol Blue K20 03-06-2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 8889403)
Changing oil & filter in our Generac for the first time. Total of nine hours run time since it was installed about 14 months ago. Time to replace the break-in oil with fresh synthetic 5W-30.

How do you like it so far?

57taskforce 03-06-2021 06:47 PM

Quote:

We had one when I was a teenager in VA. The hurricanes and winter storms would come thru and wreak havoc on the mountains from time to time, 2 weeks without power wasn’t that unheard of. Ours definitely got used, very nice to have when you need it.

Stocker 03-06-2021 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8889438)
How do you like it so far?

:metal::metal::metal: :D

So far, so good, Dale! We've only had a few short outages and one late night planned maintenance outage of about 4 hours or so.

Peace of mind has been well worth the outlay in cash & labor. :)

Ol Blue K20 03-06-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 8889445)
:metal::metal::metal: :D

So far, so good, Dale! We've only had a few short outages and one late night planned maintenance outage of about 4 hours or so.

Peace of mind has been well worth the outlay in cash & labor. :)

I may need one for the cabin and the ranch.....I need to win the lottery...:lol:

72c20customcamper 03-06-2021 08:29 PM

Put a new alternator on the Envoy . It was about 29° with flurries but not to bad of a job . Took longer because of the warm up breaks . Just waiting on my brake controller so I can go pick up the truck bed I bought .

Been to cold to tackle the rear end change on the Dodge my regular tow vehicle.

Rickysnickers 03-07-2021 10:56 AM

Curious, how and what are you guys using to heat your shops?

Redneck Rydes 03-07-2021 11:52 AM

Big Maxx 80,000 btu propane heater works pretty good but being a ceiling mount,the floor still pretty cool

GOPAPA 03-07-2021 12:30 PM

In the process of changing out 4 bath sink fixtures with new /faucets /popups/drains .. The house we bought was a show house,, but,,,,,they did not use good bath fixtures.. we were the second to buy it from it being new..

Sheepdip 03-07-2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Mine has been in about 6 months now but has only seen monthly auto starts via the app/computer.

72c20customcamper 03-07-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickysnickers (Post 8890477)

Pellet stove

67C10Step 03-07-2021 10:54 PM

Daughter asked me to build her a stand to hang her coffee mugs on at her house. Installed two new LED security lights on the back of the house.
Wife and I sprayed the lawn. Getting ready for grass growing as crazy as it sounds.

Redneck Rydes 03-08-2021 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is it pollen season yet,when I am in SC the pollen starts pretty soon,I have a house in a pine forest,lots of pollen.This year it is all snow

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 03-08-2021 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8887879)
I finally hung my Mr. Suds sign on the side of my patio. Mr. Suds was kind of a landmark in Bakersfield. They tore it down. It's an Auto Zone now. So much for history. :(

I was lucky enough to get the sign. It's really big. You can see it from the boulevard. I'm waiting for someone to show up and order a cheeseburger and a root beer float. :lol:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...um/Mr_Suds.jpg

Very cool and I'm hungry, especially for mom & pop shop burger, fries & ice cream. I had a favorite for sure. Used to be 3-4 here, now there are none.

Used to be 5-6 family style steak houses too. Now there are none:waah: Moral of the story is the more a city grows the less likely to have the best, IMO. There's a GREAT family steak house south, and a nice one east.

68Bowtie4x4 03-08-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

I have a HVAC mini-split in my shop.

Heat in the Winter, and A/C in the Summer.

I've just been organizing my shop lately. Went through a bunch of boxed up stuff since moving in 2018 and made some more floor space.

Got my reloading desk setup for the 1st time since moving into the new house/shop in 2018, and man do I have a bunch of primers...LOL

Got my Dell Server rack moved and installed my Dell R710 Server in the rack and getting ready to install another 64 GB of RAM memory in it, and install a fresh image of 2019 Server Standard on it and make it a Web Server. I figured I might as well start hosting some websites and make some side money.

I've finally got all my parts needed to totally rebuild my 70 Chevelle 402 that's going into my 72 Monte Carlo. The engine in it right now is a complete rebuilt 396 SBC Stroker motor with only break in time and a 1/2 mile of driving from my buddy's shop to my shop, so it's going into the 72 Chevy Cheyenne 4x4 pickup.

1976gmc20 03-08-2021 07:32 PM

I'm hiring my young neighbor and he/we are chopping up a huge non functional hot tub to get it out of the room through a sliding patio door. Turns out they stuffed all sorts of foam scrap around it and then apparently sprayed in a bunch of liquid foam to hold it all in place. What a mess!

Also, the floor joists were all rotted out around the back of the hot tub, so it's a good thing I decided to finally tackle this project after 18 years. We already tried to get it fixed but they don't make parts for it anymore and nobody would touch it - "oh, you can buy a new one cheaper than fixing it" but how the hell would you get it out and another one in ????? :rolleyes:

We're just going to build a new floor in the room and use it for - I don't know yet - maybe a guest bedroom or move my reloading stuff in there from the garage ...?

1slo64 03-08-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

I use a 68k BTU propane heater, but below 40 I'm not usually out there.

allchevy58 03-08-2021 10:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Took out a propane furnace out, just cost too much for propane. Just put this used oil furnace in a month ago, love it.

mr.mud1 03-09-2021 09:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

hi,i built a new shop,64x32 finishing it up late last fall.my wife and i put 2100 feet of pex pipe in the floor before they poured the concrete and i built an in floor heat panel with an electric boiler.i am officially spoiled rotten.beautiful heat,always warm and very nice to work in.i'm very happy with it.

1976gmc20 03-10-2021 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8891254)
I'm hiring my young neighbor and he/we are chopping up a huge non functional hot tub to get it out of the room through a sliding patio door. Turns out they stuffed all sorts of foam scrap around it and then apparently sprayed in a bunch of liquid foam to hold it all in place. What a mess!

Also, the floor joists were all rotted out around the back of the hot tub, so it's a good thing I decided to finally tackle this project after 18 years. We already tried to get it fixed but they don't make parts for it anymore and nobody would touch it - "oh, you can buy a new one cheaper than fixing it" but how the hell would you get it out and another one in ????? :rolleyes:

We're just going to build a new floor in the room and use it for - I don't know yet - maybe a guest bedroom or move my reloading stuff in there from the garage ...?

Anyway, now the old hot tub is all cut up into odd pieces and loaded (jammed!) into the bed of the old blue K1500 ready to go to the county dump.

And in the process of cleaning up we discovered that nearly all of the floor supports were all rotted out so instead of just filling a hole with 2x6 decking, the porch room is going to be getting an entirely new floor: all new joists and 4x8 subfloor.

Also need to figure out how to mitigate the moisture problem ...