The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Getter-Done 12-08-2023 10:27 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9264979)
Wasn't today but last week. Not really able to use computer since then, now just a bit until it becomes too sore. Plenty of people have gone through way worse things than this, but for me this was my first time in the hospital except maybe getting a couple stitches when I was a kid.

Been fighting neck, shoulder, and arm issues for a long time. Finally after months of Dr this, Dr that, I was able to get started on feeling better. I had issues with 4-7 out of whack in my neck. Some major pressing on my spinal cord. Dr did some drilling and grinding. Now I have a bunch of screws in there along with a new kind of cage. Tons of people in the operating room. Even the rep that sells the cage was there, so he could see it in action I guess. Five hours later ... done.

I have to wear this huge neck brace for 6 weeks. Can only take it off when showering and eating. (eating is no solids yet), even have to wear it to bed, which is super uncomfortable since Ive never been able to sleep on my back. No driving either. Next its PT, and from the feel of things so far I may have to have more work on my shoulder. What really sucks is this is all on my right side, and I'm right handed.

Pic of my neck brace and my neck slash

CG

I am Prayerfully for a Speedy recovery.

When I worked at That Auto-Factory several years ago.

I had to learn to be ambidextrous Real Quick. ;)

Morning Prayer list includes you now. :chevy:

:chevy::chevy::chevy:

LockDoc 12-09-2023 01:33 AM

-
Glad to see you are on the mend Mark. That sounds like some serious stuff there.....

special-K 12-09-2023 10:57 AM

This is all good in the end but right now I'm sorry to see you go through it. Day by day and I hope all goes smooth for much better days ahead

LT7A 12-09-2023 11:11 AM

That sounds like a pretty intense operation and a rough recovery, but a good investment for the future. I hope you are feeling better each day.

Plus a mean scar. Start working on your story for that ; )

LT7A 12-09-2023 11:11 AM

Accidental double post.

I'm trying to grow up to be like special-K.

CG 12-09-2023 02:05 PM

Thanks fellas for the well wishes and prayers. I really do appreciate it.

72c20customcamper 12-09-2023 05:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Couple of cutting boards today for Christmas presents . On these I didn’t want to use the Aniline dye . So I tried a different approach I torched it :devil: . Also using BLO as the finish

68bowtie 12-09-2023 08:55 PM

Very nice

Steeveedee 12-09-2023 10:43 PM

Indeed! I have some 1/4" curly maple pieces that I bought many years ago at a local hardware store. They were about 1/3 the price of wood boutiques like Rockler. One of my carving buddies wants to build a jewelry chest for his wife for xmas. He hasn't done a lot of woodworking, so it's going slowly, with me doing a lot of it. I'll post pics when it's done. Mahogany with a padauk insert in the lid. That piece got thinned and flattened in my "shop" yesterday. Even with the air filter and vacuum cleaner, there is red dust everywhere. I'll probably take the vehicles out of the driveway and run the leaf blower to get the rest of it out. We wore dust masks. I expect that it will come up on the toxic wood list about the time I die of the dust. ;) It's a beautiful piece of wood, in any event. The maple will likely be used for separators inside the jewelry box.

yuccales 12-09-2023 11:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Did our annual Food & Toy Run today. Great weather, got up to about 50 degrees. Of all the pics my wife took, we love the one with the older couple sitting in their driveway. Notice the plugged in electric blanket! Awesome! :metal:

72c20customcamper 12-11-2023 01:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
6th coat put on last eve , took the pictures a few moments ago it’s dry but not hard yet . Have to let it cure for 5-7 days before I install the rangetop

72c20customcamper 12-12-2023 07:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Picked up a small load of hickory oak black and white birch .

3757chevy 12-12-2023 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9265768)
6th coat put on last eve , took the pictures a few moments ago it’s dry but not hard yet . Have to let it cure for 5-7 days before I install the rangetop

Very nice.

72c20customcamper 12-13-2023 11:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Broke my planer yesterday doing the backsplash . Dewalt 734 12 1/2 inch unit . Made in China . Ordered some new gears and blades real pain in the butt . Looks like crappy metallurgy to me . The gears just shattered with no load on them so to speak . The gears drive the feed rollers

Gotenntitans 12-13-2023 11:25 AM

Made a few Christmas cookies. My dad is 82 and he LOVES them! Mom always made them at Christmas and he asks for them on his birthday in July and he knows they're gonna be there at Christmas.
https://i.ibb.co/TvGkMmz/IMG-1619.jpg
RECIPE FOR YOU GUYS:

PECAN SANDIES
2 sticks softened salted butter (use real butter)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp water
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans
powdered sugar to roll in after they're baked

With your mixer, cream the butter, granulated sugar, vanilla, & water well. Then add the flour & chopped pecans and mix into it forms a ball. Chill for at least an hour. Form into walnut sized balls and bake at 325-350 for about 30-40 minutes until golden brown on bottom. Cool completely before rolling around in powdered sugar. Makes about 40 cookies.

72c20customcamper 12-13-2023 11:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ended up with a hand planer and my 6 inch jointer to finish it took a lot longer but the same results . Sand, dye and seal then attach it next few days .

72c20customcamper 12-13-2023 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotenntitans (Post 9266301)
Made a few Christmas cookies. My dad is 82 and he LOVES them! Mom always made them at Christmas and he asks for them on his birthday in July and he knows they're gonna be there at Christmas.
RECIPE FOR YOU GUYS:

PECAN SANDIES
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp water
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans

With your mixer, cream the butter, granulated sugar, vanilla, & water well. Then add the flour & chopped pecans and mix into it forms a ball. Chill for at least an hour. Form into walnut sized balls and bake at 325-350 for about 30-40 minutes until golden brown on bottom. Cool completely before rolling around in powdered sugar. Makes about 40 cookies.

Looks good

FleetsidePaul 12-13-2023 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9264979)
Wasn't today but last week. Not really able to use computer since then, now just a bit until it becomes too sore. Plenty of people have gone through way worse things than this, but for me this was my first time in the hospital except maybe getting a couple stitches when I was a kid.

Been fighting neck, shoulder, and arm issues for a long time. Finally after months of Dr this, Dr that, I was able to get started on feeling better. I had issues with 4-7 out of whack in my neck. Some major pressing on my spinal cord. Dr did some drilling and grinding. Now I have a bunch of screws in there along with a new kind of cage. Tons of people in the operating room. Even the rep that sells the cage was there, so he could see it in action I guess. Five hours later ... done.

I have to wear this huge neck brace for 6 weeks. Can only take it off when showering and eating. (eating is no solids yet), even have to wear it to bed, which is super uncomfortable since Ive never been able to sleep on my back. No driving either. Next its PT, and from the feel of things so far I may have to have more work on my shoulder. What really sucks is this is all on my right side, and I'm right handed.

Pic of my neck brace and my neck slash

I feel for you on a liquid diet after just doing time on one myself. I was dreaming of cheeseburgers and tacos, anything that I could chomp into. I never thought I'd say that I was sick of chocolate milkshakes but I was. 3 times a day is too much of even a good thing.

You may be able to dodge the additional work. You'd be surprised how one day can be so much better than the last. Take care and heal fast.

Gotenntitans 12-13-2023 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9266303)
Looks good

They are fantastic customcamper. And super EASY to make. You should try em and let me know if you do. Wouldn't be Christmas around my home without them.

72c20customcamper 12-13-2023 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotenntitans (Post 9266331)
They are fantastic customcamper. And super EASY to make. You should try em and let me know if you do. Wouldn't be Christmas around my home without them.

Wish I could A1C has been a little high not terrible DR wasn’t concerned but I am so no sweets or carbs on the plate for me . But I have lost 9 pounds

mr.mud1 12-13-2023 05:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
it must be Christmas or something?we went out and ordered a new Tucson for the Minister of Finance,her old 2016 Tucson we bought new has been a great car,still running well,but time to replace it we thought.they don't have much inventory,nobody does it seems.10 to 15 weeks to get a new one they said,so we gave them a deposit and told them what we wanted,3 weeks it was here?all i wanted was a new TIG welder?maybe soon?

LockDoc 12-13-2023 10:27 PM

Quote:

RECIPE FOR YOU GUYS:

PECAN SANDIES
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp water
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans

Thanks for the recipe. They look really good! I will have to make them in the next few days.....

LockDoc

LT7A 12-14-2023 10:23 AM

That's a nice new sled mr.mud1. Is she happy, the Minister?

LT7A 12-14-2023 10:28 AM

Quote:

RECIPE FOR YOU GUYS:

PECAN SANDIES
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp water
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans

Those look delicious! And sound pretty easy to make. it's very likely that I will either be making some soon or maybe just start driving toward LockDoc's…

FleetsidePaul 12-14-2023 11:22 AM

What I didn't do to my truck was finish buffing it. Not even close. Only got some of a fender and some of the front door. The thing about buffing a vehicle is that they always seem to get bigger and this ol gal was looking mighty long to me so I did the right thing and sat down and had a beer instead. It kinda looks two tone now. The original paint is shining up pretty decent except it's got that nasty sunburn on the rear fender. I'll get back on it today. Maybe I can make it to the bed. Probably not.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...on_Wax_off.jpg