The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

LockDoc 12-14-2023 11:42 AM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 9266553)
Those look delicious! And sound pretty easy to make. it's very likely that I will either be making some soon or maybe just start driving toward LockDoc's…

Come on over. I should have them done by the time you get here. Of course we will have to have some homemade ice cream with them.... :)

LockDoc

LT7A 12-14-2023 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9266570)
What I didn't do to my truck was finish buffing it. Not even close. Only got some of a fender and some of the front door. The thing about buffing a vehicle is that they always seem to get bigger and this ol gal was looking mighty long to me so I did the right thing and sat down and had a beer instead. It kinda looks two tone now. The original paint is shining up pretty decent except it's got that nasty sunburn on the rear fender. I'll get back on it today. Maybe I can make it to the bed. Probably not.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...on_Wax_off.jpg

That really looks good. I can see the difference from here. And if you really want to, I'm sure you could you could get the paint matched and reshoot that fender without much trouble. You could probably even fog in the top of it with a rattle can. I like that rig.

LT7A 12-14-2023 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9266576)
Come on over. I should have them done by the time you get here. Of course we will have to have some homemade ice cream with them.... :)

LockDoc

Oh man, I'm on my way!

mr.mud1 12-14-2023 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 9266552)
That's a nice new sled mr.mud1. Is she happy, the Minister?

Yes sir,seems to be.

special-K 12-15-2023 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotenntitans (Post 9266301)
Made a few Christmas cookies. My dad is 82 and he LOVES them! Mom always made them at Christmas and he asks for them on his birthday in July and he knows they're gonna be there at Christmas.
https://i.ibb.co/TvGkMmz/IMG-1619.jpg
RECIPE FOR YOU GUYS:

My mom makes cookies that look like that but are called filberts, German filberts I think is the full name. The pecan sandies that I see are regular flat cookies with no powdered sugar. I think filberts can be made with different types of nuts. She makes the filberts every Christmas. They are great, but I'm a sucker for her rum chocolate truffles
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9266570)
What I didn't do to my truck was finish buffing it. Not even close. Only got some of a fender and some of the front door. The thing about buffing a vehicle is that they always seem to get bigger and this ol gal was looking mighty long to me so I did the right thing and sat down and had a beer instead. It kinda looks two tone now. The original paint is shining up pretty decent except it's got that nasty sunburn on the rear fender. I'll get back on it today. Maybe I can make it to the bed. Probably not.

I don't remember you getting this truck. Nice! Buckskin Tan like my Jimmy was. I see it has the J&J Enterprise chrome running boards. Does it also have the visor? I think I see one there

72c20customcamper 12-15-2023 06:37 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Milled up some small cherry and black walnut . Most likely make some cutting boards .

Sheepdip 12-15-2023 10:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have been doing some maintenance on my deck-over trailer and a new deck was the last task, so yesterday my brother came over and we got down and busy on it and knocked it out. Today I put two coats of linseed oil and mineral spirits 50/50 mix. Almost looks like a piece of fine furniture but won't stay that way for long.

farmall 12-15-2023 11:12 PM

[QUOTE=special-K;9266859]My mom makes cookies that look like that but are called filberts, German filberts I think is the full name. The pecan sandies that I see are regular flat cookies with no powdered sugar. I think filberts can be made with different types of nuts. She makes the filberts every Christmas. They are great, but I'm a sucker for her rum chocolate truffles

Filbert is another name for what 50 staters call Hazel Nuts, along with Pot, one of Oregons most profitable crops.

If you think some entity is going to eminent domaine your property in the future, put in a crop of Filberts or Pears. The entity will have to pay you for the life time production value of each tree, along with the value of the real property. Could be an 80 year life span...$$$

yuccales 12-15-2023 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdip (Post 9267029)
I have been doing some maintenance on my deck-over trailer and a new deck was the last task, so yesterday my brother came over and we got down and busy on it and knocked it out. Today I put two coats of linseed oil and mineral spirits 50/50 mix. Almost looks like a piece of fine furniture but won't stay that way for long.

Good looking useful trailer. ;)

special-K 12-16-2023 08:50 AM

[quote=farmall;9267031]
Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9266859)
Filbert is another name for what 50 staters call Hazel Nuts, along with Pot, one of Oregons most profitable crops.

If you think some entity is going to eminent domaine your property in the future, put in a crop of Filberts or Pears. The entity will have to pay you for the life time production value of each tree, along with the value of the real property. Could be an 80 year life span...$$$

You're right, they are hazelnut...mmm mmm good! She always gives me some to take home.
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9267037)
Good looking useful trailer. ;)

It sure is. That new wood might get a lot of 'character' but you can keep slopping that linseed and spirits on and that wood will stay tight. Of course this is a nice place to let a little lube drip, too ;)

Stocker 12-16-2023 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmall (Post 9267031)

Filbert is another name for what 50 staters call Hazel Nuts

Can't remember when I first heard of hazel nuts. When I was a kid (in Oregon) they were always filberts. We had a nice productive filbert tree in the back yard, so always plenty of 'em to eat. :chevy:

Boog 12-16-2023 01:11 PM

Being over here in the central part of the country, I've never heard of filberts. Hazelnuts yes but I've never eaten any. My SIL gave me a cup of hazelnut coffee once. I didn't like that.. Same one who makes chili with huge mushrooms in it. Many mushrooms.

Stocker 12-16-2023 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9267182)
Being over here in the central part of the country, I've never heard of filberts. Hazelnuts yes but I've never eaten any. My SIL gave me a cup of hazelnut coffee once. I didn't like that.. Same one who makes chili with huge mushrooms in it. Many mushrooms.

Ewww, not a mushroom fan here! I never liked eating fungus.... a few on pizza is OK though.

My dad used to dry filberts on a rack, like English walnuts. Mighty tasty. Sometimes you'll find 'em in mixed nuts. But not in my coffee. :mm:

LS short box 12-16-2023 05:25 PM

Today I watched the Vikings get beat by the Bengals.

72c20customcamper 12-16-2023 05:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Put the 85 to work

yuccales 12-16-2023 09:31 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Went to our local "Wreaths Across America" today. Very moving as usual. The Lt. Col. from the USAF, who was the keynote speaker was amazing! Little disappointed with the turnout considering the perfect weather, but every wreath was placed.

57NAPCO 12-17-2023 06:15 AM

Looked at 12 acres in Kingfield Maine. 35 minutes to Sugarloaf

https://i.postimg.cc/0jQDBf40/IMG-2977.jpg

72c20customcamper 12-17-2023 03:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Progress . Backsplash is drying I’ll be installing it tomorrow. The plumber is coming next week to hook up the propane

yuccales 12-17-2023 04:26 PM

Looks fantastic!

72c20customcamper 12-17-2023 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9267482)
Looks fantastic!

Thanks

allchevy58 12-17-2023 11:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got all the windows, skylights and one slider in.

FleetsidePaul 12-19-2023 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9266859)
I don't remember you getting this truck. Nice! Buckskin Tan like my Jimmy was. I see it has the J&J Enterprise chrome running boards. Does it also have the visor? I think I see one there

I snuck it in on ya!! :lol: Yes it has the visor too. I swapped my 66 Ford for it. I think that I got the better end of that deal. I have an appointment to get her smogged tomorrow at the same place that smogged it 5 years ago, it only has had 1K miles put on it since the last smog so hopefully it will pass again, doubtful but one can hope. It only has 102K. Not bad for 40 years old.

AllChevy, the house is looking good!

special-K 12-19-2023 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by allchevy58 (Post 9267581)
Got all the windows, skylights and one slider in.

very nice. That has to feel great, just being able to stand in there and look out.
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9267987)
I snuck it in on ya!! :lol: Yes it has the visor too. I swapped my 66 Ford for it. I think that I got the better end of that deal. I have an appointment to get her smogged tomorrow at the same place that smogged it 5 years ago, it only has had 1K miles put on it since the last smog so hopefully it will pass again, doubtful but one can hope. It only has 102K. Not bad for 40 years old.

Camper hauler! They're the best. I've always gone for those. I do remember you mention trading the Ford for something. Did you also sell your big black Ford? I wish I still had my Jimmy

72c20customcamper 12-19-2023 07:14 PM

4 Attachment(s)
the cutting boards turned out well . Made 4 bow bread knives today , 3 black walnut and 1 hickory . Going to make some cherry bread knives and cutting boards after Christmas.

FleetsidePaul 12-20-2023 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9268015)

Camper hauler! They're the best. I've always gone for those. I do remember you mention trading the Ford for something. Did you also sell your big black Ford? I wish I still had my Jimmy

Black truck is gone. All Fords are gone. I'm trying to downsize. I'd regret selling that Jimmy too.

I love the square body dually. I always wanted one. This one's been great so far. She easily passed smog today after being parked for 5 years. I did get the "Is that Frank's truck? again from the mechanic. Everybody asks me that. Yes it is, or it was. Everybody knows Frank and that truck. I guess it'll always be "Franks truck'. I don't dare change anything.

Nice cutting board Mark. I have a nice one that I never use because I don't want to scratch it up.