The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

mr.mud1 01-26-2024 06:54 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

5 Attachment(s)
i made some more progress on the floor i'm building in my old car.the 27 inch motorized bead roller i ordered,arrived yesterday.it's going to be a huge help as the panels are getting bigger.

robs71 01-28-2024 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.mud1 (Post 9280315)
i made some more progress on the floor i'm building in my old car.the 27 inch motorized bead roller i ordered,arrived yesterday.it's going to be a huge help as the panels are getting bigger.

Nice looking job on your floor mr.mud1.....keeping with the automotive theme,I am finishing today the old drum brakes to disc conversion on my 71 demon drag car.

72c20customcamper 01-28-2024 10:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finished up the corner shelves .

FleetsidePaul 01-28-2024 02:45 PM

Under my wife's supervision I put some old rims & tires that I had laying around on the 59 Buggy and a slight general cleanup. I think it looks better (couldn't look any worse) I also ordered some rear fenders that aren't all mangled. Bodywork done! :lol: Now just get some tractor paint a give the old girl a squirt. No pesky door jambs to worry about. I'm thinking Olive Drab green or keep it red? It's kinda both now.
:lol: Or maybe Kawasaki green with black fenders to match my other Bug? Depends on what's on sale. I'm hoping to finish the whole car for under $2K including the price of the car. That's possible but not likely. Time will tell. I was going to part it but she said to keep it to give the grandkids rides. What the heck I like it.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...dium/59VW1.jpg

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...dium/59VW2.jpg

Before... And the Mustang emblem on the front is going bye bye. I just haven't got to it yet.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...um/ConvVW2.jpg

Getter-Done 01-28-2024 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9281005)
Under my wife's supervision I put some old rims & tires that I had laying around on the 59 Buggy and a slight general cleanup. I think it looks better (couldn't look any worse) I also ordered some rear fenders that aren't all mangled. Bodywork done! :lol: Now just get some tractor paint a give the old girl a squirt. No pesky door jambs to worry about. I'm thinking Olive Drab green or keep it red? It's kinda both now.
:lol: Or maybe Kawasaki green with black fenders to match my other Bug? Depends on what's on sale. I'm hoping to finish the whole car for under $2K including the price of the car. That's possible but not likely. Time will tell. I was going to part it but she said to keep it to give the grandkids rides. What the heck I like it.

Nice work. :metal:

It is Amazing what a Little paint will do.

The matching Bugs will look Good.
That's my vote.

72c20customcamper 01-28-2024 03:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Modified the dust /chip collector. Works well and I don’t need to empty it as often as before .

I also finished up the little spice rack . My dumb ass broke one of the 3oz Ball jars so I have to buy another.

FleetsidePaul 01-28-2024 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9281009)

My dumb ass broke one of the 3oz Ball jars so I have to buy another.

I hate when my balls get busted. :lol:

FleetsidePaul 01-28-2024 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9281008)
Nice work. :metal:

It is Amazing what a Little paint will do.

The matching Bugs will look Good.
That's my vote.

Thank you. I love working on this thing because it's so basic and simple. This will be my first paint job since 1978 :eek: But there's not much body to paint so if I screw it up I can just do it again. I wouldn't even attempt it on any of my trucks. That would be a disaster. That reminds me... I have to dust off my spray gun. :smoke: Where is that thing?

LT7A 01-29-2024 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9280178)
The motor isn't for the green one, it's for the orange one (remember that one). The motor in the green one runs just fine. :)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...arage_Baja.jpg

I like your "sit and look at Baja Bug and VW Thing" chair.

special-K 01-29-2024 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robs71 (Post 9280912)
Nice looking job on your floor mr.mud1.....keeping with the automotive theme,I am finishing today the old drum brakes to disc conversion on my 71 demon drag car.

All go and no slow isn't so great. Make that rocket stop! Good move
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9280923)
Finished up the corner shelves .

Well done and great use of space
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9281005)

I really like that thing. HEY! That's what it is, a homemade "VW Thing". Perfect for boppin' around your river resort town. I see a parade vehicle full of your grandchildren. I'd spray bomb the replacement parts red and let the sun eat it up. Or the whole thing red and let the sun fade it out. But... it would also look great staying red and shiny with better paint
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9281016)
I hate when my balls get busted. :lol:

Beat me to it!! :lol:

sakustoms 01-29-2024 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.mud1 (Post 9280315)

Floor is looking great. I like that bead roller too.

mr.mud1 01-29-2024 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robs71 (Post 9280912)

thank you sir.good looking job on the brakes.

mr.mud1 01-29-2024 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakustoms (Post 9281237)
Floor is looking great. I like that bead roller too.

thanks.i don't have that last panel i made fitting just how i want it yet,but it's coming.the new bead roller is a huge help but the motor is making some starnge noises,didn't work at all at first??i got it going but something is wrong,they're sending a new one.all good.

sakustoms 01-29-2024 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.mud1 (Post 9281282)
thanks.i don't have that last panel i made fitting just how i want it yet,but it's coming.the new bead roller is a huge help but the motor is making some starnge noises,didn't work at all at first??i got it going but something is wrong,they're sending a new one.all good.

Sorry to hear but at least they are making it right with no hassles.

I actually managed to get out in the garage this past Saturday. did some sanding filler and a little priming. Nothing major.

tutone 01-29-2024 07:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Closing in on this remodel job I'm doing for a friend. Got the sheetrock finished up and painted. I built some pantry shelving that turned out really good. I'm a little envious of that pantry. It should serve them well. We put in a ventless gas wall heater in that room for emergency heat.

Getter-Done 01-29-2024 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutone (Post 9281366)
Closing in on this remodel job I'm doing for a friend. Got the sheetrock finished up and painted. I built some pantry shelving that turned out really good. I'm a little envious of that pantry. It should serve them well. We put in a ventless gas wall heater in that room for emergency heat.

Looks Great. :metal:

I have gotten better with Drywall since my First try years ago. :lol:

Less is more Really applies to Applying the (Mud);)

I learn that the hard way.:waah:

That Has not happened again. :)

72 tigger 01-29-2024 08:59 PM

Nice shelves!

tutone 01-29-2024 10:16 PM

I'm not a pro at it, but the secret is lots of thin layers and tons of sanding.AND flat paint.

Getter-Done 01-29-2024 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutone (Post 9281413)
I'm not a pro at it, but the secret is lots of thin layers and tons of sanding.AND flat paint.

For Sure. :metal:

special-K 01-30-2024 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9281386)
Looks Great. :metal:

I have gotten better with Drywall since my First try years ago. :lol:

Less is more Really applies to Applying the (Mud);)

I learn that the hard way.:waah:

That Has not happened again. :)

Did you use a belt sander? :lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 tigger (Post 9281394)
Nice shelves!

I agree!

FleetsidePaul 01-30-2024 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutone (Post 9281413)

"Tons of sanding' makes me want to look for the nearest door. :lol: :exit:

Nice work!!

FleetsidePaul 01-30-2024 11:26 AM

I put the stock wheels back on my Jaguar. It handles much better. The kids in the neighborhood call it the "Gangster' car. :lol:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...m/G_Ride_1.jpg

Getter-Done 01-30-2024 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9281488)
Did you use a belt sander? :lol:

Yeah.:lol:

That and a 9" angle grinder.:uhmk:

It only took once for that. :lol:

1969LTX 01-30-2024 01:15 PM

Lifted orginal engine and transmission out of 1969 C10. Plan is to store it and install LT or LS withT56.

special-K 01-31-2024 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9281557)
Yeah.:lol:

That and a 9" angle grinder.:uhmk:

It only took once for that. :lol:

:haha: Sorry, don't mean to laugh at your misery. Aw heck.....:lol::lol::lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1969LTX (Post 9281579)
Lifted orginal engine and transmission out of 1969 C10. Plan is to store it and install LT or LS withT56.

Sounds like a good all around plan. First step done