The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today part III (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=644788)

1971 GMC SHORTY 02-03-2015 03:50 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today part III

1 Attachment(s)
Got Brother truck Hoojed up with Disk Brakes All Done In3-4 Hrs and I just Watched and Told Them How To Do. it Seeing I am Being watched buy Insurance Guy

1971 GMC SHORTY 02-03-2015 03:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1971 GMC SHORTY (Post 7031940)
Got Brother truck Hoojed up with Disk Brakes All Done In3-4 Hrs and I just Watched and Told Them How To Do. it Seeing I am Being watched buy Insurance Guy

Here's The Master and Lines

morethanstock66 02-03-2015 07:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1358706
Attachment 1358707
Attachment 1358708

Got my seat back from my upholstery guy. Did a great job. It is all black, but in the pic with the lighting, and some dust, it looks more brown. I'll take more pics when I put it in.

dwcardfan 02-03-2015 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sprayed the dash and firewall. :metal::metal:

jayoldschool 02-03-2015 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1971 GMC SHORTY (Post 7031941)
Here's The Master and Lines

It might be the pic, but that first 90 on the rear line looks kinked to me.

Lugnutz65 02-03-2015 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwcardfan (Post 7032680)
Sprayed the dash and firewall. :metal::metal:

I gotta say this and I know others are thinking the same. . . . . The prep and paint work you are doing is SECOND TO NONE! Bee U Tee Full!

dwcardfan 02-03-2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lugnutz65 (Post 7032729)
I gotta say this and I know others are thinking the same. . . . . The prep and paint work you are doing is SECOND TO NONE! Bee U Tee Full!

Thanks Lugnutz. I thought it turned out sweet. This is my secone tIme to paint, it has taken a lot of patience. I got a lot of help from the Pros on this site.

pimpston65 02-03-2015 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lugnutz65 (Post 7032729)

Hey Lugnutz65 I got a question, what length is the throttle rod on your L6? I have 2 rods of different lengths and hate to prep and paint the wrong one...thks

Lugnutz65 02-03-2015 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpston65 (Post 7032799)
Hey Lugnutz65 I got a question, what length is the throttle rod on your L6? I have 2 rods of different lengths and hate to prep and paint the wrong one...thks

I'll have a look and send you a few pics in a PM.

1971 GMC SHORTY 02-03-2015 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayoldschool (Post 7032717)
It might be the pic, but that first 90 on the rear line looks kinked to me.

No I Looks But It's Bent With 3/16 Imperial Tube Bender I've Been Bending One Off Stainless Lines For Hot Rods Over 20 Years I'll Take A Better Pictures when I Go To Moms in next few Days

earl84 02-04-2015 11:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got a seat from an '89 Chevy pickup. It's in great shape. Honestly, I like the look of the stock bench, but I don't have and can't find a deluxe seat, and the basic bench isn't very comfortable for me. Plus it needs a full resto job, so I spent my money on this. And I think these look great in our trucks. Looking forward to installing it. 6 way power that works, and lumbar support, good for my back.

Turtleman 02-04-2015 02:57 PM

Great score eral84,, I'd be interested in any Mod's you'll have to do for it to fit in the C-10

Grizz1963 02-04-2015 06:49 PM

As I drove up to my house tonight, there was a large Parcel Force van parked across my driveway.

I saw the guy walk in as I stopped over the road, so met him at the front door, it was the second time he had been here today, thankfully he had thought of trying to see if anyone had come in since he had been here earlier to deliver another parcel from Searcy, Arkansas.

My door repair panels, cut out of Ta2Don's trucks original drivers door. And a retired Tattoo gun from his collection I had wanted to buy from him, but that he refused money for.

Not a very big or heavy parcel by any means, but thought I would add a photo of the costs associated with postage/shipping.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...pswvtqijgo.jpg

The tattoo gun was to be included in a birthday present I wanted to male up for Nicola, who has her birthday tomorrow on the 5th Feb.

I had the artwork from one of her tattoos that we both really like, mounted it inside a box frame, then mounted the gun, for which I had made its own needle/lance out of some 0.6mm welding wire, onto the backing board next to the pic.

It may seem a weird gift, but I know just how mad my wife is...... so hopefully it will be good.

Remember the Celtic Cross I carved for her birthday last year ??

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...psuvvrinxy.jpg

By 7pm Ian, our old lodger was around to do some computer stuff and printing, as he does not have a printer.

Then mate Martin popped in while Ian was here and all work stopped for an hour or more.

After which Martin and I went down to the garage to look at the spacing etc of the removable tow hitch I am building.

Not having the rear bumper yet, we had to guess the spacing and positioning of the sleeve, and I then cut off the last piece of the old towbar mount from under the trucks chassis and mocked up everything.

The sleeve and the slider insert can be cut to length when the bumper is fitted so that it is as far out of sight as possible.

I would love to know if anyone has a removable towbar fitted to a 60-66 C10 and what their measurements are.

Here is the mock up, if you look straight down the rear of the bed, it is 260mm

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...psa3cvknvk.jpg

You will see the cross bar/bearer has been moved up and inward as well, as it was sitting too low and far out for when the bumper is fitted.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...psnjqyzjg7.jpg

From the top of the bed, to the top of the sleeve is 170mm

I would again love to know what measurements anyone who has one fitted, has on their truck.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...psittg8ujh.jpg

Another measurement, this time to the bottom of the sleeve, above my cross brace, at 230mm, if anyone van inform me what they have, this would be hugely helpful.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps8mctphb7.jpg

I also plan on making up a removable number plate carrier that should sit roughly like in this pic.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...psjkabfbjv.jpg

Lastly, sleeve without the insert, resting above the cross bar.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...psmalctmew.jpg

Any advice and info, measurements etc, greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking in.

Lugnutz65 02-04-2015 11:13 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I hung my exhaust today. It was a trial fitment only but it really fits well and hugs right along the frame. This is on a 1965 C10 1/2 T with a 250ci and 2" pipe with stock exhaust layout. The muffler is a Walker Sound FX 17829 and should be super quiet. I did need to add a segment to the vertical portion coming off the manifold. I still need to place the hangers, so right now it has some wire and one hanger holding it in position. Once the truck is street legal I plan to have a new front pipe made so it's all one piece before the muffler.

LVPhotos 02-06-2015 08:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
First it was a pair of Hookers...headers, now a tranny (TKO 600) showed up. Nice weather this weekend. Back at it.

LVPhotos 02-06-2015 08:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Original parts chrome plated.

Softpatch 02-07-2015 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lugnutz65 (Post 7034604)
I hung my exhaust today. It was a trial fitment only but it really fits well and hugs right along the frame. This is on a 1965 C10 1/2 T with a 250ci and 2" pipe with stock exhaust layout. The muffler is a Walker Sound FX 17829 and should be super quiet. I did need to add a segment to the vertical portion coming off the manifold. I still need to place the hangers, so right now it has some wire and one hanger holding it in position. Once the truck is street legal I plan to have a new front pipe made so it's all one piece before the muffler.

.nice job on the exhaust

Lugnutz65 02-07-2015 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LVPhotos (Post 7037060)
First it was a pair of Hookers...headers, now a tranny (TKO 600) showed up. Nice weather this weekend. Back at it.

LVPhotos,
The Tremec and headers look great. Please document the installation of the Tremec. I'm thinking this forum has a lot of members who want to know what it takes to install one. Are you going to do a mid-shift kit?

LVPhotos 02-07-2015 10:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Lugnutz the Porterbuilt crossmember moved the engine forward and up. I had to switch out low hump for high hump and the stock bellhouse mount crossmember is cut out. The T5 was proped up in rear with 2" combo of 1×3 box tube across x. Now the TKO 600 should be a "bolt in" replacement. Clutch is 26 spline already but will have to check yoke but I think it's wrong. Having Adams Driveline build a custom 2 Piece driveshaft. The shaft was shortened for T5. I need to clean frame today and weld some cuts... apparently if you can't weld, weld alot was the thought with the trans crossmember.

Lugnutz65 02-07-2015 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LVPhotos (Post 7037678)
Lugnutz the Porterbuilt crossmember moved the engine forward and up.

Does that mean the shifter stays in the rear position for your installation? If so, can you still run a bench seat?

LVPhotos 02-07-2015 10:22 AM

3 Attachment(s)
More pictures.

LVPhotos 02-07-2015 10:26 AM

The shifter has 8 positions. They send rear most. Bench stays. There is a "bench" shifter like old school. Grandma had one 3 on floor 72 Rally Nova. I will try to keep close to seat. I just like the tight shift where truck spot makes for more throw.

Lugnutz65 02-07-2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LVPhotos (Post 7037699)
The shifter has 8 positions. They send rear most. Bench stays. There is a "bench" shifter like old school. Grandma had one 3 on floor 72 Rally Nova. I will try to keep close to seat. I just like the tight shift where truck spot makes for more throw.

I'll be watching for updates. Thanks.

forestb 02-07-2015 09:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I will post here instead of on my build thread because I cant find it without the search function.

I installed my newly painted radiator support and my new radiator. My original 62 fan shroud does not fit even thought the radiator fits right. It is wider than the new radiator by about an inch on both sides. I think I might need to get an electric fan set up.

I started to install my old hooker headers that have just been ceramic coated but it started to rain.

jbgroby 02-07-2015 11:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Started the rebuild/restoration on the vent windows. The only hard part is getting the rivets right. I'm going to try the pop rivet method, if that don't work, I'll buy the C-Clamp tool them pass it over to someone else in the club.

I'll do a photo doc on the process, maybe it will help others.