The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Sheepdip 02-10-2024 12:21 AM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9285299)
My buddy and I moved my old poker machine into my river place just in case no one likes how I deal at the table. ;) We are both getting too old to move heavy objects especially up stairs. It collapsed the first table we put it on right onto my toes. . :eek: It's a heavy SOB. I still need to level it out but my toes and my back hurt so it's got to be tomorrow. Good enough for today.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/..._Machine_1.jpg

Paul I keep them strong young bucks on speed dial. I especially don't get on roofs or ladders anymore.

3757chevy 02-10-2024 01:26 AM

Went to get my taxes done and stopped by the grocery store to see if the girlscouts were selling cookies yet. I got lucky and picked up two cases of mint. I only bought one case last year and ran out by October.

LT7A 02-10-2024 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 9285330)
Went to get my taxes done and stopped by the grocery store to see if the girlscouts were selling cookies yet. I got lucky and picked up two cases of mint. I only bought one case last year and ran out by October.

The sellers just must have been so excited to sell 2 CASES to one person. I first read your comment as boxes not cases. I thought, man, that's some discipline. Making a box of thin mints last until October :lol:

3757chevy 02-10-2024 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 9285379)
The sellers just must have been so excited to sell 2 CASES to one person. I first read your comment as boxes not cases. I thought, man, that's some discipline. Making a box of thin mints last until October :lol:

I can sit down and eat a whole box at once if I'm not careful. I love those things.

FleetsidePaul 02-11-2024 02:01 AM

Girl Scout cookies are like Jack in the Box taco's. They aren't the greatest in the world but you can't pass them up or stop eating them.

Dang... Now I'm hungry.

special-K 02-11-2024 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 9285410)
I can sit down and eat a whole box at once if I'm not careful. I love those things.

You don't let the chocolate melt off in your mouth so you can savor the moistened mint cookie flavor being absorbed by your taste buds???

D.B 02-11-2024 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wife and I went to the local grocery store, wife needed some things. She saw the girls' scouts and asked to be dropped off before them because "If I go by them, I end up buying their cookies". Well, I wanted cookies but not the guilt of buying them. So, I dropped her off, then pulled past them so she had to go by them on her way back to my truck. The wife stopped and got a box of mints and told me I did this on purpose. "Who, me. I moved to make room for the next guy." I got my cookies.

Attachment 2335384

farmall 02-11-2024 02:11 PM

I had a vendor drop off some sandwiches and cookies. The cookies were the exact taste and texture as Thin Mints, just bigger. Never did find out what they were.

3757chevy 02-11-2024 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9285727)
You don't let the chocolate melt off in your mouth so you can savor the moistened mint cookie flavor being absorbed by your taste buds???

Nope I put one in my mouth take a drink of milk bite the cookie so the milk soaks in the chew it up and repeat. YUM :lol:

72c20customcamper 02-11-2024 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Prefer home made cookies 10.5 inch chocolate chip . I didn’t make it a friend did

tutone 02-11-2024 10:56 PM

The big cookies are great when they are cooked "just right". Peanut butter / chocolate chip/ oatmeal raison in that order for me. I also like chocolate oatmeal. Heck, I must be kin to the cookie monster.

sakustoms 02-14-2024 07:22 AM

I shoveld and ran the snowblower yesterday. Fortunately I had a work from home day so I spent it clearing snow. Thank you work.....

https://i.ibb.co/dps9vjd/IMG-7635.jpg

sakustoms 02-14-2024 07:25 AM

I am so sorry to hear of your great loss. At least he is in a better place now and no longer suffering. My heart goes out to you and your family. May he Rest In Peace.

special-K 02-14-2024 10:37 AM

I had a stars aligned experience yesterday. I live on the western county line near the SE corner. I've been working on a gal's (Kate) family farmhouse just over the eastern county line near the NW corner. Yesterday she found an oak shelving unit for cheap on marketplace and asked if I could pick it up since the seller was in my town/postal area. The sellers were an old couple, so Kate followed me there to help move it out. This address was the next road over a ridge (Woodville Rd) from me, very close. What a beautiful property! Their lane went way way back through the woods following the East Branch of Linganore Creek, the same creek that originates near me and passes by across the road. It opened up to farmland with ponds and a beautiful house.

The woman greets us, a very sweet person, and we begin going about the deed. She mentioned her husband was sick and that's why he hadn't come out. I mentioned my friends had lived in the old place where the old Woodville Store was located, his woodshop, and that property was vast and had another tributary to Linganore Creek running through. They sold it a while ago and, shamelessly, the new owner leveled the house (part log) and the store. She said she went to school with Jeff. Then I asked her last name and I know the name well. I started naming names and she knew them all. I asked if her husband was Tom, and it's him. He is a good friend of my good friend's brother who's family I've been close with for a very long time. Their father just died this year at 103 years of age. Tom grew up on this farm, was a dairy farmer, and was a state representative from '83-'96. The family also owned the farm across the road when I first moved here and another farm between here and there. Kate is third generation on her farm and her grandfather who bought the place grew up on the farm next door, which the ladies discussed. So it's a small world after all! The woman said before Tom got sick he was very handy, did everything there, but she'd be needing someone to take care of things the way I take care of things for Kate. Once better acquainted, as we were about to leave, she softly mentioned "He's not going to make it" with such sadness in her voice. we gave our condolences and Kate said she'd message them my contact info. They have grown children, but I'd be more than willing to help out in any way. I guess her son/sons aren't so handy. so, that was what I did last evening. Quite an experience I had not expected

LockDoc 02-14-2024 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9286958)
I had a stars aligned experience yesterday. Quite an experience I had not expected

I have had a couple of those. Small world indeed, sometimes

Boog 02-14-2024 03:04 PM

Tim people are brought together for a reason. Each of you had a need.

special-K 02-16-2024 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9287033)
I have had a couple of those. Small world indeed, sometimes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9287065)
Tim people are brought together for a reason. Each of you had a need.

I have days like that where I come home feeling elevated like that. I'll run into someone I know, whether well or just acquainted, each stop I make. People I haven't seen in a lone time and I get filled in on things. I've had it happen just around town, and with people who are deeply rooted in the Mt. Airy community. I'm about a loner living in my own world most of the time, although I'm always social at my stops with whoever I cross paths with. Often just a friendly comment. But on these days I'll come home feeling I am connected to my community and I suppose known and well liked. I always call these stars aligned moments. I actually know a lot of people through my life's experiences, but it takes those times to remind me I guess. Anyway....;)

72c20customcamper 02-16-2024 04:45 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Broke the splitter valve handle on my wood splitter yesterday . Made a new one today

special-K 02-16-2024 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9287925)
Broke the splitter valve handle on my wood splitter yesterday . Made a new one today

Nice job. You give that splitter a workout

72c20customcamper 02-17-2024 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9288111)
Nice job. You give that splitter a workout

Yes I do, hundreds of cords over 12 years . This is the only thing that’s broken from normal ware . I did brake the fitting for the hose on the pumps suction side but I did that moving it with kubota bucket . It’s a Timberwolf made in Rutland Vt I bought it because most of the parts are American made .

Rickysnickers 02-17-2024 04:10 PM

I bought a used 60 gallon air compressor and am going to start wring it in today.

allchevy58 02-18-2024 12:01 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Been working on the new house, rough plumbing and electrical. Today based and compacted garage, ready for concrete.

special-K 02-18-2024 08:24 AM

Coming right along. Getting close to closing in the walls

mr.mud1 02-18-2024 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allchevy58 (Post 9288418)
Been working on the new house, rough plumbing and electrical. Today based and compacted garage, ready for concrete.

looking good.

mr.mud1 02-18-2024 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i was hoping to watch the Daytona 500 but i guess it's raining according to a buddy who is there.i didn't plan on doing much today but went and cleaned up the shop and put my new bead roller back together with the new motor that they just sent to replace the faulty motor i received with the machine.back to work on my floor tomorrow.