The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

72c20customcamper 02-18-2024 04:02 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

3 Attachment(s)
Skimmed the ice from the sap barrel . The ice contains very little sugar as evident from the refractometer. The thawed ice has almost zero sugar we as the liquid in the bucket has almost 5% sugar . Difficult getting a picture down the site glass

dieseldawg142 02-18-2024 07:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
buffed my wife's headlights today.....

no, not those ones, these ones...
Attachment 2337949

special-K 02-19-2024 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 (Post 9288631)
buffed my wife's headlights today.....

no, not those ones, these ones...

Yes, I understand. But did you doing this for her give here hi-beams? :lol:

72c20customcamper 02-19-2024 06:56 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Doing a muffler modification on the Husqvarna 395xp . Not doing to up the HP but that will happen . Main reason is because the way the exhaust port was pointed it would direct the fumes at me when I am milling wood . This way the exhaust will go up and away from me instead of down towards me . Made a block off plate for the old port . Just replaced the spark arrester

LT7A 02-20-2024 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9288937)
Doing a muffler modification on the Husqvarna 395xp . Not doing to up the HP but that will happen . Main reason is because the way the exhaust port was pointed it would direct the fumes at me when I am milling wood . This way the exhaust will go up and away from me instead of down towards me . Made a block off plate for the old port . Just replaced the spark arrester

Twice pipes!

special-K 02-20-2024 07:53 AM

Ready for some lumberjack competition now! I had an early John Deere 110 lawn tractor and the exhaust the dealer sold me only fit with the canister muffler in the horizontal position when it was meant to mount vertical. That put the outlet pointing straight up, causing the exhaust to float right back at me. I went to the exhaust shop and had then make me a stack with a turnout just like the big boys. I have everybody wanting to buy that 110 because of that stack :lol:

robs71 02-20-2024 08:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finished putting the interior back together on the old demon trying to retain everything as it was back in the day plus got the old hurst slapstick to work..you tube video,google Holley MoParty 2021 with Mike Musto and Dylan McCool about 00:49 ..,little walk around of the car,she ain't pretty.....Rob

72c20customcamper 02-20-2024 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9289062)
Ready for some lumberjack competition now! I had an early John Deere 110 lawn tractor and the exhaust the dealer sold me only fit with the canister muffler in the horizontal position when it was meant to mount vertical. That put the outlet pointing straight up, causing the exhaust to float right back at me. I went to the exhaust shop and had then make me a stack with a turnout just like the big boys. I have everybody wanting to buy that 110 because of that stack :lol:

No competitions. This is a work saw it’ll be loud but not much more performance than a stock saw. I have a Dolmar 7190 that’s has been semi competition built . Ported polished the compression has been bumped up unlimited rpm coil advanced timing etc. It is a strong runner but not something you use all day . Used in big wood only this one is for milling so it runs for long periods .

72c20customcamper 02-20-2024 06:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I made a deflector but decided against it as it would have one of the muffler bolts inside it so the final decision is staggered dual pipes . I cut the muffler already just need to clean it up

72c20customcamper 02-20-2024 06:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Little playing around thought the ricer crowd would like it

Steeveedee 02-20-2024 07:38 PM

:lol: Did that can used to have beans in it?

72c20customcamper 02-20-2024 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9289262)
:lol: Did that can used to have beans in it?

Yes it did . Fart can

tutone 02-20-2024 09:21 PM

I have enough trouble keeping my 2 saws going as it is. My problem seems to be the only trees that fall over on our place, are hickorys. Great firewood, but they sure are hard on chains.

Steeveedee 02-20-2024 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9289266)
Yes it did . Fart can

:lol: I didn't think we got away with saying that word here.

72c20customcamper 02-21-2024 01:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tutone (Post 9289320)
I have enough trouble keeping my 2 saws going as it is. My problem seems to be the only trees that fall over on our place, are hickorys. Great firewood, but they sure are hard on chains.

Cutting hardwoods I tend to go with a 25 degree angle on the cutters . Less aggressive takes longer but the chain stays sharper much longer . Removed the limiters on the carb adjustment screws so I can fatten up the mix . The little cam keeps the adjusters to the lean side to meet EPA emissions standards. And that’s not good even on a stock saw

Rich84 02-21-2024 02:46 PM

Tree company stopped by our property today. They want to cut a massive old oak tree that is leaning over the power lines. She is about 6' in diameter but showing her age. I figure it's probably a 7-10 thousand $ job. The power company has been aggressive lately with their trimming and cutting.

72c20customcamper 02-21-2024 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich84 (Post 9289562)
Tree company stopped by our property today. They want to cut a massive old oak tree that is leaning over the power lines. She is about 6' in diameter but showing her age. I figure it's probably a 7-10 thousand $ job. The power company has been aggressive lately with their trimming and cutting.

Been going on here too . I guess they finally figured it out that it’s easier and cheaper to do preventative maintenance than emergency repairs . I’ve been getting wood all fall and winter on the roadside

FleetsidePaul 02-22-2024 02:33 AM

Sanded my Baja hood today. I still have some fiberglass work to do to fill in and smooth it all out. I'm using my old junk parts. Why not? The price is right and I don't mind working with fiberglass. It's not that tough to fix cosmetic stuff. I put the latches in Evapo-Rust to clean them up as they were rusty. They haven't been in it that long but it's looking promising. I threw in some rusty pliers and when I checked they were as shiny as a bald guys forehead. Evapo-Rust seems to be working. Fingers crossed.

But that bucket was a PITA to open. My uber smart wife figured it out before I blew a blood vessel fighting with it. It was easy. (for her) She popped the tabs on the side while I was screaming and looking for a sledge hammer to bust it open. :banghead: Fortunately cooler heads prevailed. :rolleyes:

And I took a pic of the wrong side of the hood. I should have let her do it :smoke:

The blue thing in the pic is my German Shepherd's Frisbee. It's only a few days old and just look at it. I wouldn't want that dog to bite me. He's strong, built like a tank. It'll be destroyed by Friday.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...um/Evapo_1.jpg

LT7A 02-22-2024 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robs71 (Post 9289066)
Finished putting the interior back together on the old demon trying to retain everything as it was back in the day plus got the old hurst slapstick to work..you tube video,google Holley MoParty 2021 with Mike Musto and Dylan McCool about 00:49 ..,little walk around of the car,she ain't pretty.....Rob

This is cool. Have you started a thread in alternate tinkerings? I'd like to see and hear more.

LT7A 02-22-2024 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9289738)
Sanded my Baja hood today. I still have some fiberglass work to do to fill in and smooth it all out. I'm using my old junk parts. Why not? The price is right and I don't mind working with fiberglass. It's not that tough to fix cosmetic stuff. I put the latches in Evapo-Rust to clean them up as they were rusty. They haven't been in it that long but it's looking promising. I threw in some rusty pliers and when I checked they were as shiny as a bald guys forehead. Evapo-Rust seems to be working. Fingers crossed.

But that bucket was a PITA to open. My uber smart wife figured it out before I blew a blood vessel fighting with it. It was easy. (for her) She popped the tabs on the side while I was screaming and looking for a sledge hammer to bust it open. :banghead: Fortunately cooler heads prevailed. :rolleyes:

And I took a pic of the wrong side of the hood. I should have let her do it :smoke:

The blue thing in the pic is my German Shepherd's Frisbee. It's only a few days old and just look at it. I wouldn't want that dog to bite me. He's strong, built like a tank. It'll be destroyed by Friday.

Cool! More pitchers please!

I watched a video by Edd China formerly of Wheeler dealers on youtube. I was pretty impressed with evap o rust. I thought it was just a commercially available mixture of vinegar, or one of the other acids. Turns out, it seems that it's much less caustic and destructive to the parts.

Stocker 02-22-2024 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9289738)

Our old wolfdog was like that. Anything said to be "indestructible" was just another challenge to him. Kong toys? Pffffttt. Once bought him an indestructible dog bed. A few days later, what was left of it went to the dump. :lol:

robs71 02-22-2024 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 9289767)
This is cool. Have you started a thread in alternate tinkerings? I'd like to see and hear more.

No have not started any threads,,have to think about that.

FleetsidePaul 02-22-2024 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 9289768)
Cool! More pitchers please!

I watched a video by Edd China formerly of Wheeler dealers on youtube. I was pretty impressed with evap o rust. I thought it was just a commercially available mixture of vinegar, or one of the other acids. Turns out, it seems that it's much less caustic and destructive to the parts.

These were totally rusted and frozen up. They had been laying in the mud in the bed of my dually for years when I bought it. I thought that they were goners. Just one night in the "bath' and here they are. And the stuff is like water. It doesn't stink or anything. I'm impressed.

Got me some free tools! :lol:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...m/E_2_Junk.jpg

72c20customcamper 02-22-2024 07:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Picked up some black walnut this morning and then a load of oak. The oak is just some of the limbs I have to go back for the trunk . Need the big saw with the 36 inch bar

FleetsidePaul 02-24-2024 01:15 AM

I pulled off the bottom latches on the buggy (the big one). The top ones came out pretty good so hopefully the bottom will too. The top looked worse than the bottom before. I also put new bolts on them too to give them some shiny. So into the dip go the others.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...h_Refurb_1.jpg