The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Richard 02-24-2024 03:29 AM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich84 (Post 9289562)
Tree company stopped by our property today. They want to cut a massive old oak tree that is leaning over the power lines. She is about 6' in diameter but showing her age. I figure it's probably a 7-10 thousand $ job. The power company has been aggressive lately with their trimming and cutting.

Here in California that would not happen. As it is an oak, the tree would be allowed to grow and take down the lines. It is more important than fires, structures or human lives, etc.

FleetsidePaul 02-24-2024 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 9290389)
Here in California that would not happen. As it is an oak, the tree would be allowed to grow and take down the lines. It is more important than fires, structures or human lives, etc.

I got to disagree with you there Richard. Edison has been real aggressive cutting trees since they got their panties sued off for not clearing their lines after that big Monrovia windstorm a few years ago. Lots of rich people and lawyers live in that area and they didn't like having no power for 10 days.

Up here they watch the clearance because of the fire hazard being so high. They fly around in helicopters and have drones.

They made the mistake of getting a black helicopter at first and the local foil hat club freaked out. :lol: They've got a blue one now. They also sent letters to the locals ( I got one) saying not to shoot at the drones. :lol:

72c20customcamper 02-24-2024 12:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First boil of maple syrup season

LockDoc 02-24-2024 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotenntitans (Post 9266301)
Made a few Christmas cookies. My dad is 82 and he LOVES them! Mom always made them at Christmas and he asks for them on his birthday in July and he knows they're gonna be there at Christmas.
https://i.ibb.co/TvGkMmz/IMG-1619.jpg
RECIPE FOR YOU GUYS:

PECAN SANDIES
2 sticks softened salted butter (use real butter)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp water
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans
powdered sugar to roll in after they're baked

With your mixer, cream the butter, granulated sugar, vanilla, & water well. Then add the flour & chopped pecans and mix into it forms a ball. Chill for at least an hour. Form into walnut sized balls and bake at 325-350 for about 30-40 minutes until golden brown on bottom. Cool completely before rolling around in powdered sugar. Makes about 40 cookies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 9276075)
I made these. No luck getting over to Lock Doc's in time ; ) so I had to make some myself. They're quick to make and they didn't last long. I like that they only have about a quarter of the sugar of regular cookies and the powdered sugar makes them just sweet enough. Thanks for posting the recipe!

I made a batch of these today. All of the kids were home and they were a big hit. The thing is they are so easy to make that anyone could do it. This was actually the second batch that I have made.... :)

Richard 02-25-2024 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9290452)
I got to disagree with you there Richard. Edison has been real aggressive cutting trees since they got their panties sued off for not clearing their lines after that big Monrovia windstorm a few years ago. Lots of rich people and lawyers live in that area and they didn't like having no power for 10 days.

Up here they watch the clearance because of the fire hazard being so high. They fly around in helicopters and have drones.

They made the mistake of getting a black helicopter at first and the local foil hat club freaked out. :lol: They've got a blue one now. They also sent letters to the locals ( I got one) saying not to shoot at the drones. :lol:

Maybe things have changed in the last few years? Have not been in the field for about 4 years. A customers house in Camarillo almost burned down in last big fire. Limbs were laying on house and she could not cut. Luckily tree was extinguished before fire got to house. Another instance, was told to move our box truck out of customers driveway or be fined in north hollywood because oak branch was 1 foot above roof of truck. Branch was on the roof of house and customer said he could not cut tree. Would be fined thousands. I cannot make this stuff up. Can mention more.

best view 02-25-2024 08:37 AM

This is a serious question why are you still there, i was born in corona but i got out

FleetsidePaul 02-25-2024 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 9290613)
Maybe things have changed in the last few years? Have not been in the field for about 4 years. A customers house in Camarillo almost burned down in last big fire. Limbs were laying on house and she could not cut. Luckily tree was extinguished before fire got to house. Another instance, was told to move our box truck out of customers driveway or be fined in north hollywood because oak branch was 1 foot above roof of truck. Branch was on the roof of house and customer said he could not cut tree. Would be fined thousands. I cannot make this stuff up. Can mention more.

They may have changed. Like I said Edison got slapped down pretty hard for brush clearance and pole neglect After windstorms and wildfires did some major damage and they were found to be negligent.

I had a guy from Edison inspect the pole in my yard and he asked if he could rake some leaves around it for a pic. I told him that he could rake the whole yard if he wanted to. :lol:
Funny thing about that pole is it's the only one in anyone's yard all the rest on the block are at the street. It's moved so the drop line going to the house clears a 150 year old Oak tree in my front yard.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...m/Oak_Pole.jpg

72c20customcamper 02-25-2024 04:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Boiling ,smoking and eating

Boog 02-25-2024 05:12 PM

Sure looks fine Mark.

allchevy58 02-25-2024 11:29 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Last weekend got the base in the garage and yesterday got the concrete poured.

CAMAROBOY68SS 02-26-2024 12:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well my grandpa and I snuck out in of the other cars as we had a super nice weather Saturday and my truck was in the trailer for this coming weekend. Well looks like I got caught as we were about to leave the event, lol. Was good to get the ol 55 out and stretch its legs for the first time this year.

special-K 02-26-2024 07:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9290587)
I made a batch of these today. All of the kids were home and they were a big hit. The thing is they are so easy to make that anyone could do it. This was actually the second batch that I have made.... :)

So easy to eat, too. Just keep on poppin'em :lol:

Yes that's right, a bolthead & washer. Not just any old bolthead & washer
Attachment 2339825
Loys Station covered bridge over Owens Creek in Frederick County, Maryland

Rich84 02-26-2024 10:20 AM

The old oak is putting up a fight. They have been on it for 2 days. She is just a massive trunk now. They will be bringing the heavy equipment on Wednesday to take her down.

72c20customcamper 02-26-2024 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich84 (Post 9290926)
The old oak is putting up a fight. They have been on it for 2 days. She is just a massive trunk now. They will be bringing the heavy equipment on Wednesday to take her down.

You burn ? Sounds like enough for a couple of years of heat

Rich84 02-26-2024 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I do not. But my neighbor does and he really appreciates it.
Attachment 2339877

FleetsidePaul 02-26-2024 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich84 (Post 9290934)

I'll bet he does. Oak is not cheap.

72c20customcamper 02-26-2024 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich84 (Post 9290934)
Attachment 2339877

I burn mostly oak and hickory . Running out of ash in these parts which is a shame. Oak and hickory take a few years to season properly . Ash about 6 months .

richard2717 02-26-2024 07:53 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Busted the outer seal on my bobcat lift cylinder. I already had new seal kits here from a previous parts order. it has had a slight weep for a while. Never rebuilt one before but local guy said he was a couple weeks out so I became a youtube pro over the course of the afternoon. Found a really good video and made short work of it. The good thing was not having to remove the entire cylinder from the machine. Last time I had one rebuilt I had to take it in to them. It takes longer to get the rear pins out than it did to rebuild it this afternoon while on the machine. Saved me $200 in labor as well.

Getter-Done 02-26-2024 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard2717 (Post 9291074)
Busted the outer seal on my bobcat lift cylinder. I already had new seal kits here from a previous parts order. it has had a slight weep for a while. Never rebuilt one before but local guy said he was a couple weeks out so I became a youtube pro over the course of the afternoon. Found a really good video and made short work of it. The good thing was not having to remove the entire cylinder from the machine. Last time I had one rebuilt I had to take it in to them. It takes longer to get the rear pins out than it did to rebuild it this afternoon while on the machine. Saved me $200 in labor as well.

Great Job . :metal:

Those Seal Picks are your Friend. ;)

Getter-Done 02-26-2024 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I have been working on putting E-Track in my Swap Meet trailer.

I hope to finish it before The Swap meet his weekend. :lol:

Attachment 2340070

richard2717 02-27-2024 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9291158)
Well I have been working on putting E-Track in my Swap Meet trailer.

I hope to finish it before The Swap meet his weekend. :lol:

Attachment 2340070

I have a couple storage bodies with the Etrack and they make all kinds of attachment points. I have several 2x4 attachments on my upper level for cross body shelving at just above head height and it makes for great out of the way storage without compromising floor space with shelving. Have some round rings and other types for hanging chains & binders on the wall.

Getter-Done 02-27-2024 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard2717 (Post 9291211)
I have a couple storage bodies with the Etrack and they make all kinds of attachment points. I have several 2x4 attachments on my upper level for cross body shelving at just above head height and it makes for great out of the way storage without compromising floor space with shelving. Have some round rings and other types for hanging chains & binders on the wall.

I have got a few from HF and some from a Friend at work.

These are so versatile :metal:

Now my other 2 Trailers need the same set-up. :uhmk::uhmk: :frog::D

72c20customcamper 02-28-2024 02:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finished up my 395xp muffler mod . I tuned today runs real nice and it’s only a bit louder than stock:lol:

mr.mud1 02-29-2024 12:54 AM

5 Attachment(s)
a little more progress on the floor project in my old car.i got all the pieces made,the old junk cut out but nothing welded yet,on the pass side rail that goes up and over the frame and rear axle and attaches to the wheel well..i'll start the driver's side rail tomorrow then the floor under the rear seat and right out into the trunk to the rear pan,and maybe a new rear pan if this one is bad when i get that far.slow going but all progress i guess?

FleetsidePaul 02-29-2024 02:43 AM

Not as complex as what Mr. Mud is doing (good job by the way), but I was test fitting body parts today on the Boonie Basher. So far not too bad using just some old junk parts. I also cut down the bent up rear (bumper?) thingy. I tried to get that off but it wouldn't budge. I'll have to tie it to the oak tree and pop the clutch and see if that gets it yanked. It laughed at the sledge hammer so I busted out the ole Sawzall and gave it a haircut.

I think that the new fenders will look much better. I like the lines better and I ditched the one piece front end and am going back to a hood and fenders.

The olive drab paint is a test too. Is it too light? It will be olive drab with black fenders when I get paint on it.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...m/59_Fit_1.jpg

Comparison of the old fender and the replacement.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...m/59_Fit_3.jpg