The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=368988)

raic65 05-14-2012 01:13 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Quote:

Originally Posted by el_bole (Post 5379749)
Truck looks great bro! What wheels (and size)are you running on your truck? like the look...

el_bole

Thanks. I just noticed your in Chula Vista. Where abouts? I'm actually in Bonita near SW College.

doobiebro 05-14-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el_bole (Post 5379747)
Doobiebro,

Truck looks great...look at that 283! I have a '61 ,myself.....and yes it takes longer than we think ha ha ha.....I am going with the same powerplant as you except with a 350 tranny....Im inspired by looking at your pickup to keep at putting mine on the road! Thanks,

el_bole:ito:

Thanks carnal....I actually made a small video on my phone and sent it to my brother because he's been in denial that the engine will run...he's a ford guy and I would post the video on this site but it might not be appropiate...:lol:

Ta2Don 05-14-2012 05:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Finalized my deals on wheels and the donor suspension to upgrade to 5 lugs, disc brakes, and rearend...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/i...lies/chevy.gif

Chevy Fleetside 05-14-2012 09:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I FINALLY Painted my firewall. Let the assembaly begin. Oh yeah.. I have to change the output shaft on the tranny before I can put it together.

mud.man.rj 05-14-2012 10:09 PM

The new invisable rim trick, cool, haha. What size tire and brand, really like the tread pattern.

el_bole 05-15-2012 12:38 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Wow you guys have been busy =)....

Finally got around to doing some work on my chevy. Sanded the floor boards and discovered very little rust and just painted lightly so it wouldnt rust.....Mock up my Lokar shifter to see the Height(High Hump as you can see), and got my fleetside bed ready to make a Smart Truck LOL.....Actually going to use side panels from my first bed to make a SB Fleet from my '61...Step side bed doesnt do it for me....Oh and I felt like a kid when I found my bow tie shifter knob that I thought I gave away:metal: Lokar Knob adapter Here I come....

Keep up the great work, you all inspire me!!!

el_bole

gimmy 64 05-15-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el_bole (Post 5381226)
Wow you guys have been busy =)....

Finally got around to doing some work on my chevy. Sanded the floor boards and discovered very little rust and just painted lightly so it wouldnt rust.....Mock up my Lokar shifter to see the Height(High Hump as you can see), and got my fleetside bed ready to make a Smart Truck LOL.....Actually going to use side panels from my first bed to make a SB Fleet from my '61...Step side bed doesnt do it for me....Oh and I felt like a kid when I found my bow tie shifter knob that I thought I gave away:metal: Lokar Knob adapter Here I come....

Keep up the great work, you all inspire me!!!

el_bole

that bed is a really SHORT bed

61_FL_Apache 05-15-2012 07:02 PM

Replaced the upper ball joints today.

Here is the final pic.
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...0/IMG_1078.jpg

There are a few more pics on my build page.

chevy_man5 05-15-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimmy 64 (Post 5382447)
that bed is a really SHORT bed

It must be the ultra rare stubby bed option! :lol:

sigshooter 05-15-2012 10:23 PM

did some wiring, hooked up the steering, doing brakes next.... then hitting the road for a short test drive

markeb01 05-15-2012 10:29 PM

Washed the truck along with the other two cars early thing this morning before the temperature climbed up in the 80’s.

CRGRS 66 05-15-2012 10:56 PM

Packed the chinese rad up to ship back to Ledfoot, both tanks are too deep (front to back), only way to fit it in would be to modify the cradles on the bottom, and the bracket on the top. Rad was also about 2" narrower than the original. Dropped my rad off at a rad shop for a re-core.

Also installed new speakers in the doors, PO already carved up the doors... Used the foam baffles, protection from water, and improved sound.

el_bole 05-16-2012 12:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy_man5 (Post 5382652)
It must be the ultra rare stubby bed option! :lol:

Yes guys I almost considered making a tool box out of it and put it on the bed LOL....Nope I love the fleet side look so much that I decided to take the best of two beds and make one!!!

See Ya':ito:

el_bole 05-16-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doobiebro (Post 5379890)
Thanks carnal....I actually made a small video on my phone and sent it to my brother because he's been in denial that the engine will run...he's a ford guy and I would post the video on this site but it might not be appropiate...:lol:

Yeah bro I know how those Ferd guys can be....:lol:....Like a Rock, Built Chevy tough LOL....

jbgroby 05-16-2012 08:24 AM

New meaning for "Short" haulers?

66-PMD-GMC 05-16-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el_bole (Post 5383181)
Yes guys I almost considered making a tool box out of it and put it on the bed LOL....Nope I love the fleet side look so much that I decided to take the best of two beds and make one!!!

See Ya':ito:

Hey I got an idea for a 6 door ultra crew cab and that bed would be perfect.... I just need about 22" and yours looks like it fits the bill...:metal::lol:

CRGRS 66 05-16-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66-PMD-GMC (Post 5383506)
Hey I got an idea for a 6 door ultra crew cab and that bed would be perfect.... I just need about 22" and yours looks like it fits the bill...:metal::lol:

That is actually a very cool idea...

MARTYZ 05-16-2012 10:06 PM

Installed rear bags yesterday purchased from Jason at AVS on this forum, today installed power steering with brackets from Captain Fab also found on this forum. Tomorrow installing dropped spindles and power brakes with parts also purchased from AVS and Captain Fab. Very happy with results will post pics when I get the work done :canada:

wutnxt 05-16-2012 10:09 PM

Well i recieved a wack of parts today.....big day tomorrow

66-PMD-GMC 05-16-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTYZ (Post 5384796)
Installed rear bags yesterday purchased from Jason at AVS on this forum, today installed power steering with brackets from Captain Fab also found on this forum. Tomorrow installing dropped spindles and power brakes with parts also purchased from AVS and Captain Fab. Very happy with results will post pics when I get the work done :canada:

PHOTOS?????? Why no before pics???

bobbylast 05-16-2012 10:27 PM

ordered 3 inch drop spindles this week. when i get them im gonna change the calipers and rotors so its all nice and new...i look like a dog running to see if someone is at the door everytime i'm home for lunch. i simply cant wait.

MikeS. 05-16-2012 10:53 PM

Bought a 63 FrankenBurb.

PDomes7277 05-17-2012 12:06 AM

Notorious body work (sanding and repairing rocker panels) plenty of work for a few weeks.

CRGRS 66 05-17-2012 10:00 PM

I went for a nice long drive tonight, finally got my rad situation sorted out, got it back together and went for a nice long cruise. Man that felt good!

markeb01 05-18-2012 05:30 PM

Didn't actually do anything to the truck, but after a lot of research received my new Precision brand windshield gasket today for the stainless trim install. Woohoo!