The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   1966 SBBW pro street (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=448089)

wutnxt 01-10-2012 10:54 AM

Re: 1966 SBBW pro street

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66farmer (Post 5113644)
Have you tried some short spark plugs not sure of the brand I had to use them in my race truck.

No i haven't but i will look into that ......I didn't know that was a option. I think it's a head design issue, I have had angle plug heads before and never had a issue but these things are a brutal exhaust fit......thanks for the tip

wutnxt 01-14-2012 12:23 PM

Well good news......

The prostreet truck body work has begun again....no more mods, it's up on the hoist and back to filling in the trim holes...and prep for primer. Might take some pics on monday of the progress

Dinos63 01-15-2012 11:54 AM

is it safe....are the mopars gone:lol::lol:

wutnxt 01-15-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinos63 (Post 5124174)
is it safe....are the mopars gone:lol::lol:

Ya it's safe dude......lmao**

long time no see....you have a new project yet?
I have a couple i am working on while the prostreet truck gets some body work done.....

Dinos63 01-16-2012 12:31 PM

I have i few things cookin( a appliance joke) been thinking about a another big truck built or a lifted truck not sure yet .i have been working on my house a bit . but been driving my prostreeter and i love it!!

wutnxt 01-16-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinos63 (Post 5126508)
I have i few things cookin( a appliance joke) been thinking about a another big truck built or a lifted truck not sure yet .i have been working on my house a bit . but been driving my prostreeter and i love it!!

That prostreet truck you built is sweet......you did a great job, nice to see you getting some time in it. I think you should do a short blazer version like you were thinking a while back....that would be wicked. Make the top removible....you have mad skills dude you can do it if anyone can

wutnxt 01-17-2012 10:51 PM

Well so much for a mellow winter.....it snowed for a day. Woke up to find over a foot of snow.....was a adventure just getting to the shop door.

Dieselwrencher 01-18-2012 01:48 AM

I'd say sorry, but you guys can have all that white stuff! Maybe you should build a 4x4! :lol:

wutnxt 01-18-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 5130503)
I'd say sorry, but you guys can have all that white stuff! Maybe you should build a 4x4! :lol:

I have "Tim the Tool man" issues and have built a few 4x4's but after i lifted the one 14" and sprained my ankle getting out......well i am old now and it's way easier getting in when they scrape the ground.....lol.

65Pickup 01-18-2012 08:01 PM

A little late but I found this post on positioning a bumper. Quite ingenious and seems close to your issue. I didn't see your name on the post so here's the post, like I said a little late but maybe useful.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...283107&page=17

65Pickup 01-18-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutnxt (Post 5131025)
I have "Tim the Tool man" issues and have built a few 4x4's but after i lifted the one 14" and sprained my ankle getting out......well i am old now and it's way easier getting in when they scrape the ground.....lol.

I'd suggest taller air bags but those mickeys ain't gonna get any traction. Funny we only got an inch, surrounded by mountains we usually get hammered. Our turn is maybe Friday, hopefully it goes down the Strait again, oh but that will hit you again. ;)

wutnxt 01-18-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65Pickup (Post 5131677)
I'd suggest taller air bags but those mickeys ain't gonna get any traction. Funny we only got an inch, surrounded by mountains we usually get hammered. Our turn is maybe Friday, hopefully it goes down the Strait again, oh but that will hit you again. ;)

Thanks for that bumper link it was intresting for sure....
Ya well we had a great non run snow season and then whamo.....there is way too much and now the temps dropped for a while so i am taking a shop break....lol....it's a trek just to get into my shop never mind heating it when it's that cold. So I think i will take this week off **lmao**

McMurphy 01-18-2012 10:47 PM

About time you guys got some winter down there!
Stay warm wutnxt, look forward to seeing your progress next week maybe?

Dieselwrencher 01-19-2012 03:43 PM

It was -3*F this morning when I went out to start my truck. It wasn't real happy but it started. Maybe I may start to plug it in if it's going to be like this. :lol:

wutnxt 01-19-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 5133230)
It was -3*F this morning when I went out to start my truck. It wasn't real happy but it started. Maybe I may start to plug it in if it's going to be like this. :lol:

I flew out of town for a few days for a project and let me tell you....it's minus 54 with windchill here today. We took a hot cup of water and tossed into the air and before it hits the ground it turns into ice....lol...so i don't want to hear no -3 stuff....lmao**

Dieselwrencher 01-19-2012 04:07 PM

That's without wind chill. I bet it's -20 with it since winds are a constant 15-20mph gusts. Besides, with all the hot air up there coming from you Canadians, it probably warms up real fast! :lol:

wutnxt 01-19-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 5133270)
That's without wind chill. I bet it's -20 with it since winds are a constant 15-20mph gusts. Besides, with all the hot air up there coming from you Canadians, it probably warms up real fast! :lol:

Really a canadain shot ? Do i have to remind you the last time we got mad we burned down half your white house ? ***** LMAO****.....So back to trucks...Got any orange on your truck yet ? am headed over to see your thread now....you know ...us low and go guy's got to keep a eye on you high and drive over guy's...

Dinos63 01-19-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutnxt (Post 5130068)
well so much for a mellow winter.....it snowed for a day. Woke up to find over a foot of snow.....was a adventure just getting to the shop door.

yeah i feel ya i had to wear my extra thick tee shirt( short sleeve) and my longer pair of shorts brrrrr

wutnxt 01-19-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinos63 (Post 5133357)
yeah i feel ya i had to wear my extra thick tee shirt( short sleeve) and my longer pair of shorts brrrrr

Cracks up...That was just cruel Dude....

McMurphy 01-20-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutnxt (Post 5133243)
I flew out of town for a few days for a project and let me tell you....it's minus 54 with windchill here today. We took a hot cup of water and tossed into the air and before it hits the ground it turns into ice....lol...so i don't want to hear no -3 stuff....lmao**

Right now a pot of boiling water wont even make it to the ground, it totally ice crystal vaporizes before it can fall that far. That is tossed, not poured mind you....
Friends made a video of it and put on their FB... funny stuff (kinda)

65Pickup 01-20-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutnxt (Post 5133296)
Really a canadain shot ? Do i have to remind you the last time we got mad we burned down half your white house ? ***** LMAO****.....So back to trucks...Got any orange on your truck yet ? am headed over to see your thread now....you know ...us low and go guy's got to keep a eye on you high and drive over guy's...

Wutnxt tread carefully, you've got one to the south and now one to the north, your not in a strong position:lol: I'll out here on my island and watch the fireworks.

Dieselwrencher 01-21-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutnxt (Post 5133296)

LMAO! Orange, on what? My face from laughter. Yep! On a truck, he** no! Just the orange I put on it this past summer. :mm: Hopefully it'll be orange by spring. After driving my ford on these brine covered **** azz roads, I might have second thoughts of driving the Longhorn in this crap now. My poor ford looks mighty nasty due to this crap. Have big plans for this hing this weekend?

wutnxt 01-21-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65Pickup (Post 5135814)
Wutnxt tread carefully, you've got one to the south and now one to the north, your not in a strong position:lol: I'll out here on my island and watch the fireworks.

it's all good....we all fly the chevy flag......lol

wutnxt 01-30-2012 12:28 AM

Well i have had a great run and making progress on everything ....including some new shelves in the shop.....

Pro street
Finished the rough in for the bumper ...dealing with a few issues making some air bag adjustments and trying to figure out where to mount all of the air ride stuff...I am really running out of space on that thing...Took the last measurements to drop the front fenders.....jury is still out on inner fenders so far

65 SBBW
Well dropped the stainless tank....drilled the hole for the fuel line to run and worked on the fuel pump brackets. Been polishing all of the bits and pieces because they are badly oxidized and that is really eating up some time....Dug the cab out and ordered all the pieces for the floor and new rockers..Dug out the new door I have and am considering ordering a new door for the other side. Still lost for color for that truck...groan...I haven't been inspired by anything i have seen so far.....

47 Big window
Worked on the stainless tank and brackets to hold up the tank...tried to figure out where to put the fuel fittings and sending unit placement.....and how much more bracing to put in the box of the floor.Think we figured out where to mount the pump and run the fuel lines...Big issue with where to put the exhaust, there is even less room under that thing then my pro street truck. Big push on this truck trying to get all the fab work done so we can head to the paint phase.

66 long box
Found the keys and put a battery on the charger....made a small list of parts to pick up. Will have it running and moving soon....thinking about painting it and maybe some new wheels for it .

Firetruck
Well we got it to run but now come the brakes....there aren't any. Bad news because it's infront of the 66 long box and i can't do much on the 66 till we figure out how to move the fire truck. We tried to tow it with 2 4x4's before and not so much the thing is really heavy and we had to grab my buddies gravel truck to move it last time.

58 SBBW
Drove past in the driveway and cringes as it sits out in the rain....

69 Z/28...
Been searching and searching for a screaming deal on a Hedits front clip and a TKO 500 or 600...kit to drop in behind the 302 being built as we speak. It's not a for sure but i think i want to run a 69 302 with aluminum heads and a original intake thats powder coated. Then i want that dropped into a updated clip with a rack and tubular a arms and drop spindels backed up with TKO 5 speed.Leave the outside original with the cowl hood and ralley wheels on it....but so far no clip and TKO for cheap.

It snowed for a few days and we ended up wih about 16" of snow then it warmed up and has been raining for a week.Being outside or trying to do anything outside is not good.

57truckguy 02-09-2012 02:51 AM

Great build... the front fender mod is only one of a several improvement you've made that are real cool..