The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   My suburban's Twisted Little Sister (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=655167)

65sub 05-04-2016 09:11 PM

Re: My suburban's Twisted Little Sister

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lower50's (Post 7579795)
Looking forward to seeing what you do with the hood!

This job I'm just making it up as I go

We started today by clamping a brace across the bottom at the front to keep the width correct. Then made the first cut along the body line on the side. At that point we realized that we couldn't do this project on a couple of saw horses so we made a stand to use the hinge mounting bolts to hold the hood up. With the hood supported properly we went back to cutting and made two vertical cuts 4" apart. We decided to stop here for the night and mull over the next steps. More cutting tomorrow.

65sub 05-04-2016 09:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
We have also done some finish welding on the back gate

Johnny_Lamebridge 05-06-2016 10:48 PM

Dale, the rear hatch is looking good. Curious to see what you'll do with the hood...

65sub 05-07-2016 12:02 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

This is Sarah, Dale (65sub)'s daughter. Dad wanted me to fill you guys in since you're probably wondering why the productivity has slowed. Dad was in an accident on Wednesday afternoon.

He was driving northbound when a southbound vehicle left-turned in front of him. To avoid collision, Dad left-turned into the St. Clair River. He was in his yellow '67 C10. He was fortunate to have a good samaritan pull him upright to prevent him from drowning, and a group of people pulled him out of the vehicle. Dad was then airlifted from Wallaceburg hospital to Windsor hospital for treatment. He has two broken hips.

He has undergone surgery and is now stable. The surgery went well.

Rest assured, he can't wait to get back to the ol shop as soon as possible!

---------

Here's some pictures for you to mourn the damage of the shiny yellow truck:
The picture of the truck in the river is of the truck being towed out.

The dock with the flagpole is there to show you: Dad and his truck went into the water approximately as far as the flag pole.

------------

Thanks for being a cool, encouraging group. I know Dad always looks forward to updating you guys, and will be sure to resume doing so as soon as he is recovered!

Sarah

Johnny_Lamebridge 05-07-2016 12:45 AM

Sarah, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad's accident. I hope Dale's not too banged up... but broken hips... that's awful. When I had the pleasure of meeting Dale (and you) at Bothwell last summer, I got a sense of how passionate Dale is about his car & truck hobby. I hope that passion will get him through his recovery and back into the shop where he loves to be. Sarah, it must have been tough hearing about the accident. Thankfully it wasn't worse. Vehicles are replaceable but loved ones aren't.

Thanks for letting us know.

Captainfab 05-07-2016 12:47 AM

WOW! very sorry to hear this. Even though the damage to both person and truck is not minor, it could have been worse. My thoughts and prayers go out for comfort and a speedy recovery.

Bomp 05-07-2016 01:06 AM

Whoa, Prayers for a full recovery.

Take plenty of time to heal right. Don't rush healing hips.

62stepside longbox 05-07-2016 01:39 AM

I'm sorry to hear about dales accident, hopefully he has a speedy recovery and gets better soon. Thank god the accident wasn't worse. The truck is no big deal, with his skills he'll have it looking like new again in no time.

ibrown50 05-07-2016 01:44 AM

Very sorry to hear this, prayers for a full and speedy recovery (from the UK) too

Grizz1963 05-07-2016 02:54 AM

Aaaaaarrrrrgghhh!!!!

That is really not the way I like to wake up, Dales thread is one of my wake up to in the morning threads.

Both hips, and the rest are bad news.

Really sorry to hear that.

This will have to be be a slow recovery and he needs to listen to the physical therapy guys to maximise his recovery and more importantly function of all joints, hips are real important and can take extra attention (this is your nurse speaking)

Wishing him the speediest recovery and thinking of all of you.

Thank you for updating us Sarah.

northern 85 05-07-2016 07:38 AM

Woah, sounds like its a good thing the right people were around. Glad your still with us!! Take your time to get well.

mjh1965 05-07-2016 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7585113)
Aaaaaarrrrrgghhh!!!!

That is really not the way I like to wake up, Dales thread is one of my wake up to in the morning threads.

Both hips, and the rest are bad news.

Really sorry to hear that.

This will have to be be a slow recovery and he needs to listen to the physical therapy guys to maximise his recovery and more importantly function of all joints, hips are real important and can take extra attention (this is your nurse speaking)

Wishing him the speediest recovery and thinking of all of you.

Thank you for updating us Sarah.

Couldn't have put it better myself . Like Rian it's one of the threads I look at in the morning . Glad you are ok an still with us . Luckily the right people were there to help . Best wishes from here in the UK Martin

Advanced Design 05-07-2016 08:21 AM

Dale, so sorry to hear this has happened. Wife and I will be keeping you in our prayers for a speedy recovery.

Palf70Step 05-07-2016 08:43 AM

Sorry to hear that. Our prayers are going out for a quick recovery.

Eagletucky 05-07-2016 11:31 AM

Yikes!

Get well soon!!

pimpston65 05-07-2016 01:32 PM

im only a bridge away if he needs a nurse to mend him back to health and make him take his medicine. no sponge baths!!! hope recovery goes well, of course i know its not easy just keep looking forward...

Blessed66 05-07-2016 08:25 PM

Keeping Dale in my thoughts.

I really hope whoever it was that decided to make a last minute left turn in front of a highly visible truck (I've been in this exact situation, but I took out the other car) at least stopped. If they didn't, it'll just make my blood boil even more - but that's a rant for a different time.

Either way, as I was catching up I saw the "I love Texas" license plate on the wall of your (Dale's) shop...

Texas loves you too, Dale. Get better soon, my friend.

jonzcustomshop 05-07-2016 11:47 PM

wow! sorry to hear that I hope the recovery goes fast.

piratexpress1369a 05-08-2016 07:10 PM

Wow sorry to hear this. ..get well soon Dale..did.the other driver get charged

lower50's 05-09-2016 02:33 AM

WOW it seems as tho drivers are getting worse. So sorry to here Dale, but glad your doing OK-ish. Take your time getting better, but not too long. Thanks for the update Sarah. Hope to meet you soon.

CRGRS 66 05-09-2016 12:43 PM

awful news, also wishing Dale a speedy recovery

Average Joe 05-09-2016 07:11 PM

This sucks. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Sounds like you made the best of a bad situation by going in the water. Best wishes to you and your family!

Grizz1963 05-10-2016 02:41 AM

Does anyone on this forum live near where Dale is ??

Does he need anything ? Your country is massive, so I really have no perception of size, and space there.

I have no idea how far he is from home right now, but maybe even a phone call, check in, text, email.....

Just wondering if we can or need to do anything else for him while he is stuck in hospital.

Sarah, Dale, if you read this, please let me know, PM or on here.

62stepside longbox 05-10-2016 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7588232)
Does anyone on this forum live near where Dale is ??

Does he need anything ? Your country is massive, so I really have no perception of size, and space there.

I have no idea how far he is from home right now, but maybe even a phone call, check in, text, email.....

Just wondering if we can or need to do anything else for him while he is stuck in hospital.

Sarah, Dale, if you read this, please let me know, PM or on here.

That's a great idea rian, I do live in the same country but your right about Canada being very big and Dale lives very far away from me. Johnny Lamebridge Does live in the same province as him and has met him in person before. I'm sure there are more Ontario members hanging around here that would be willing to help as well

65sub 05-10-2016 02:42 PM

Hi All,

Sarah here scribing for Dale.

Thank you for your concern and support. Surgery is done and we're just taking care of post-op stuff. Should be home soon.

Dale

Ok, Sarah here:
Dad was tickled by all your messages I think they're what are keeping him most entertained during his long days in the hospital. So thank you for that. When the accident happened he was going to pick up a part for his truck. When I heard about the accident, here was the Order of business: arrange to get the part, find out the damage to the yellow truck, update the forum. Needless to say he has lots of fun and draws lots of inspiration from all of you. As I was reading your well wishes he was like "oh yes, he's the medical researcher" or "he's the young guy on the forum".

Mom is an RN so dads been watched over since the accident. She's only left the hospital once since Thursday. He's got s good team and a good head on his shoulders. Thanks for everything.

Sarah